• Red and white - Black Seas Barracuda
    • Grey and white with skull and sword pattern - Red Beard Runner
    • Red and white with skull and sword pattern - Cross Bone Clipper
    • Blue and white - Caribbean Clipper
    • Blue and white with crown pattern - Armada Flagship
    • White with cannon pattern - Imperial Flagship
    • White with trading pattern - IMTP ship

poll.gif

Well, come on! What do you think? What's the best sail colour (I know you don't spell it like that, but I spell it the correct, Australian way). Let us know you opinion; and while you're at it, let us know what you would like future ships to have on the sails!

Edited by SlyOwl

White with a cannon pattern, just like the incredibly beautiful Imperial Flagship (of the Guards I mean)

And it seems I am not the only one who likes that one most.

That would be me! :pir-classic:

I like it because it is the closest LEGO has come to producing a proper white, canvas, blank sail. It has always annoyed me that they put graphics on the sails. It would be way more realistic if they wee just a yellowy white canvasy sail with no pattern. But that's not likely.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Red and white ... I hesitated with Black and white but I don't like the skull on the sails, so it'll be red and white ^^

I like any of the generic sails. They are easily used on any ship (pirate, imperial, etc.).

That being said, if given a choice between the red and white or blue and white sails, I would probably take the carribbean clipper sails. They just look better to me.

I like any of the generic sails. They are easily used on any ship (pirate, imperial, etc.).

That being said, if given a choice between the red and white or blue and white sails, I would probably take the carribbean clipper sails. They just look better to me.

Funny you say Caribean Clipper...Since your name is blueandwhite :pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

I voted Carribean clipper aswell! I just really like the Blue & White colour scheme :pir-wub:

I like the IMTP sails the most, luckily I got them at a reasonable price a few months ago so I wouldn't have to but the rare IMTP itself :).

But I like just about every sail from the original system pirate theme (even the ones with with skull&crossbones), but crossbone clipper sails are probably my least favourite. Unfortunately I don't have the crossbone clipper, carribean clipper and renegade runner sails (and 6296 and pirate perilous pitfall sails), and only 1 set of the others :pir-cry_sad:, except I have a few extra small "rowing boat-sails" and an extra triangular and mainsail from imperial flagship (despite not owning that set).

I voted for "White with trading pattern - IMTP ship" even though there are no white sails in that set. I assume you are speaking of the tan/light coffee colour sails that, to me, are the only sails that actually look anything like canvas. :pir-grin:

LOL, if you Europeans can call those sails "white" I now understand why Sarkosy called Obama "tanned" :pir_laugh2:

Blue and white with crown pattern (Armada Flagship) and red 'n white..

I'd like to see atleast one Armada Flagship in one of the future LEGO Pirate sets, with the Blue 'n White with Crown pattern-sails.

Edited by General Magma

I have gone foe the blue and white option, I prefer white paper sails over any of the Lego sails, custom canvas are however by far the best sails you can get. I just do not have the drive to go to the extra effort when paper is so easy.

Regards, Cpt. PB

Could someone put some pictures please? It would be much simplier to vote then :pir-classic:

I voted for red&white as Barracuda is my favorite. Second would be blue&white. I got Caribbean Clipper earlie than Barracuda, but pirate ship is much cooler for me.

It would be way more realistic if they wee just a yellowy white canvasy sail with no pattern. But that's not likely.

Well, but these are just toys. It has to be colorfull. And I personally don't find "realistic" colors fit Lego style properly. As it is with INDIANA series colors for example.

Edited by Mazin

I can't make a choice... I find every color scheme good... so no vote from me... sorry.

Q: is there a full black sail ???

I voted for the Redbeard's Runner sails, they are realistic and full of gaps. The skull and sword pattern are a nice addition.

I don't really believe they used bright coloured sails on ships in reality.

But they fit perfectly on Lego ships. Actually, every sail colour looks pretty well but Redbeard's Runner's sails are the best. :pir-blush:

Capt. Kirk : No, there are no big black sails, perhaps some small ones but I think if you want a big black sail you have to make it yourself.

There's a turtorial about making sails here

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Capt. Kirk : No, there are no big black sails, perhaps some small ones...

Weird that TLC never had that idea for a big black sail with a joly roger.

There's a turtorial about making sails here

THX !!!

Edited by Capt. Kirk

If this poll was created today I'd cast my vote on the newest sails from the Imperial Flagship. They are definitely the best looking sails so far.

But that said, I've always loved the two classic colour schemes Red/White stripes and Blue/White stripes. They remind me of good childhood times :pir-cry_happy:

Sails with a lot of colors are not realistic. Form the new ship, this looks most realistic and that's why I've chosen this one.

Well, I go for the white with trading-thing, that's the most realistic one in my opinion.

Edited by Admiral Croissant

I voted for blue and white.

It has one great thing that only a few other ship's sails have - no large central emblem! :pir_laugh2:

Is it possible for someone to add the sails of the new Imperial Flagship? I would have voted for them.

I dont like striped Sails in a Pirate related theme.

I always associated striped sails with Vikings, but not with 17 to 19 century Sailing ships.

Even when i was a child i replaced the striped sails with plain white paper sheets, so i voted for the IMTP Ship Sails.