Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Marooned

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 32c

"You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself."

This pirate decided not to starve.

1225831338m_DISPLAY.jpg

That line from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie was the inspiration for this simple MOC.

12258313391_DISPLAY.jpg

Comments welcome but I don't think I'll be changing much. I'll be busy working on my large entry.

PtV small:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21804

that's a nice entry ^^ I love the sentence "This pirate decided not to starve." , quite funny ^^ I love how you did your palm-tree , really creative! I don't really see how you can improve it, the dead body is really nice and as I'm not one of the peoples who says " SNOT SNOT I WANT SNOT" I think that your island is nice like it^^ great job ! and good luck with the contest ^^

Great entry. There is only one thing which my picky eyes see that could be improved; you should add a flat 1 high 1x2 yellow plate in front of the island to cover that small green patch.. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Why improve it? A don't see how you could actually. It's a very simply but in the same time very nice MOC. As Guss mentioned the palmtree is great.

And your inspiration from the PotC good too I think. Funny idea.

Very nice work on the tree Fat Tony! It's really nice looking and is the one of the best trees I've seen. The way you made the plates curve makes it exciting to look at. Did you put something in there for support?

I can't think of anything to improve, since as you said, it's pretty simple. I'm looking forward to seeing your large entry!

A good entry indeed, and there is nothing much I can add to it. The tree is wonderful and so is the subject of this MOC.

Except I would do this: for the sake of realism, I would add a source of fresh water (like a large bottle or something) since one can't drink seawater and eating without drinking doesn't keep you alive. Also a knife is needed, or did that brute rip her apart with his bare hands :pir_laugh2: ?

Edited by zorro3999

Great MOC, Fat Tony! Very neat little palm tree, and great, gruesome gore. :laugh::thumbup:

~Peace

"You can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself."

This pirate decided not to starve.

i guess this means that the pirate ate the lady? :pir-tongue:

Great entry. There is only one thing which my picky eyes see that could be improved; you should add a flat 1 high 1x2 yellow plate in front of the island to cover that small green patch.. :pir-hmpf_bad:

I do not think the plate is necessary but it would cover the green spot if you want it covered.

I really like your palm tree. How did you get it to bend? Is there any support in the center? The only thing I thing you could add would be a turkey leg or two if you have one. Great work Fat Tony! :pir-classic:

Very nice work! I particularly like the angle of the tree!

God Bless and thanks for sharing,

Nathan

nice idea...

studs on top!! yeah!

i think is a good work.. overall is a good idea, well build... funny to see.. a clear shoot

maybe and just an idea to improve.. use some gray and green(but just a little) to make the island more than just the palm (love that)..

Oh, very cruel!

What I like:

The pirate that ate a person alive certainly shows cruelty! Nice job on both the palm tree and the blood.

What could be improved:

I think you could add a little something in the water to add some detail, like a shark, perhaps. :pir-wink:

But it is a very cruel entry, Fat Tony, and good luck!

Opinion

I like your inspiration from "The Pirates of the Caribbean" movie. Good face expression use in your MOC. Is that an Exo-Force head? If so, it looks really good with your MOC. The palm tree looks like it took the longest to make and it turned out really good. I like how the pirate is eating the villagers arm.

Possible Improvements

1) I think you should put some yellow tiles down on the sand to give it a smoother effect.

2) I don't think the pirate could have eaten that villager so fast. You could have a normal torso and leave the rest skeleton parts to make it look like the pirate has already eaten the body parts.

3) Have something floating in the water so there is not a plain look.

4) You could have a rainbow parrot sitting in the tree or vultures waiting to eat the leftovers.

Overall- I really like how a movie inspired you to create this MOC and it has come out great. I think you have a great job creating your MOC. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

My Brickshelf

My small PTV contest entry is coming soon!

Well, I must say: this is a wonderful entry! I did start wondering if the pirate ate her hair though... and that led me to wonder where her skull is :pir-oh3: So, any particular reason why her skull was excluded? I would recommend a skull with a ponytail or something similar.

Except I would do this: for the sake of realism, I would add a source of fresh water (like a large bottle or something) since one can't drink seawater and eating without drinking doesn't keep you alive. Also a knife is needed, or did that brute rip her apart with his bare hands :pir_laugh2: ?

The water ran out a while ago and the bottle was shattered to use the shards for "carving".

Well, I must say: this is a wonderful entry! I did start wondering if the pirate ate her hair though... and that led me to wonder where her skull is :pir-oh3: So, any particular reason why her skull was excluded? I would recommend a skull with a ponytail or something similar.

Because as any good cannibal knows, dinner is a little easier to stomach with less of a reminder that this used to be a person. Thus removal of the head is a must. :jollyroger:

That sounded creepy.