Sign in to follow this  
TechnicJuan

New Technic 2009 Supercar on Brickshelf OMG

This may very well be the smartest design ever. Why can we not get a model from Lego Company like this???

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=344854

abody_050.jpg

abody_054.jpg

abody_059.jpg

abody_057.jpg

Even has a dash-switch to enable all-wheel-drive. Also neat design with the T-Tops. I also like the hinge system for the front and back,

Props... Mad Props.

I need to start building!!!

Edited by TechnicJuan

I had to register here after lurking for a few years just to post in this topic.

First off, Crowkillers makes me sick.

His cars are just ridiculous. This new one is beyond awesome.

I thought that Industrial Designer's (Nathanael Kuipers) new car was good, but this new model... Wow.

I just wish the Crowman would learn to take better pictures so I could see what the heck is going on.

That is remarkable that he built a whole body that can be taken off as one part. and I see that each component has 6 or 4 pins that attatch them to the chassis. I also like how the gears for the suspension and tranny just "Mesh" Together. Too bad Nathanael could not pull this off with his new car. The Simple T-Top design was also brilliant. I like the storage idea for the front and back too. That switch mechanism on the dash is quite ingenious too. I'd really like to see this model in person or pics taken of better quality.

Lego if you can hear me, please hire this guy at least for one supercar model. I'd pay anything for a cool set like this.

Does anyone know what country this builder is from? I am assuming from Europe somewhere.

By the way great site!

I've seen this builder's models before. The modularity is what really sets this one apart. The functionality is very good but fairly standard for a super car, but the fact that everything can be easily removed like that (especially the body) is a brilliant idea. :thumbup:

Great model crowkillers has made however I was expecting an actual set produced by Lego, your title confused me.

I also agreee that Crowkillers needs a new camera :classic: Or at least better lighting/surroundings when he takes pictures.

These pictures are relatively decent. I have seen a lot of Brickshelf folders where you can tell that the models are spectacular, but the creator's photos do no justice to them at all. The stuff in this thread is a good example.

Edited by CP5670

I e-mailed crowkillers about better pics and he said that is in the process of better quality pics and they should be up real soon.

I copied his new tranny and it does in fact work reall really well.

Can't wait for more from the crowman.

I copied his new tranny and it does in fact work reall really well.

How did you figure out how he placed the gears ? It's quite hard to tell from the pictures he posted. And yes he does have a tiny problem with taking pictures :)

Cool! Nice new pictures!

The tranny was not really that hard to duplicate, crowkillers provided some nice clear pics of it from all angles.

I am trying to replicate the chassis now, I built the rear suspension last night. This guy is an awesome builder. His pics just really inspire me to build and I am 30! :)