Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

A question about the V-19

Hi, I just finish of build my new V-19 Torrent but I saw something wrong. When I put the fighter in landing mode over a flat surface, it stands inclined but in the box pics it appear to stay straight. Anyone have this problem?

Yes, mines the same. I suspect it's creative photoshopping by TLG... I still like the model though. It's great fun to swoosh it thought the house chasing droid fighters. :tongue:

Don't worry, it tilt forward. I was also puzzled when I built mine and seeing the box has a different angle.

Regardless, it's one good starfighter for keep :)

Don't worry, it tilt forward. I was also puzzled when I built mine and seeing the box has a different angle.

Regardless, it's one good starfighter for keep :)

Agreed, that's one awesome fighter with a good design.

I just that wing fold-out mechanism :wub: and I actually think it looks cool when its a little askew

Oooh, I think its like that because the back is so heavy that they needed to ilt it foreward so it would fall back :hmpf_bad:

Definitely universal design flaw there.

It's an okay set, but not really worth $54.99. =/

Why would you call that a flaw?

They're all like that - so it's as it's supposed to be.

Actually I like that it's a little tilted - in my opinion not all fighters need to stand vertically in balance when "parked", why should they? They're not cars, so it doesn't really matter for take off, does it?

I'm quite surprised that this many people actually enjoyed this set. I really didn't like it, not at all. It was very boring to build becasuse it had so many repeats, both for the wings & engines and also the base. It's also very hard to display for its strange shape, not that I display. These two may not be TLG's fault but still .. Cockpit is fragile, wing mechanism is complicated and doesn't work properly and it's hard to align them while building as well .. I don't know, I didn't like it! The part selection was interesting to me and I traded the expensive pilot figure for more parts. Other than that, I "dislike" this set. 55 USD is way too much and if I was collecting the figures I probably would curse a lot!

Get the Magnaguard instead, it's way better.

Why would you call that a flaw?

They're all like that - so it's as it's supposed to be.

Actually I like that it's a little tilted - in my opinion not all fighters need to stand vertically in balance when "parked", why should they? They're not cars, so it doesn't really matter for take off, does it?

Does it sit tilted in the movie?

If yes, then I withdraw my judgement.

If not, then it's a design flaw, no matter how you slice it.

If yes, then I withdraw my judgement.

If not, then it's a design flaw, no matter how you slice it.

I really couldn't care less.

I haven't seen the animated whatever movie and probably wont.

(Not Star Wars in my opinion, at least no more than that crappy kiddy movie on some kids getting lost on Endor)

It's just a cool set.

Perhaps someone who did see the movie could tell us?

PS And I don't do slicing, I just hire bountyhunters :vader:

Not according to this reference pic:

V-19.JPG

This is from the old cartoon. I'm not sure about how they are in the new one, but I think they stand straight there too. :sceptic:

However, isn't this something a little modding could fix? :look:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

News flash guys; the cockpit isn't airtight, there are holes in the engines and wings and it doesn't really fly. But maybe, just maybe, we're taking this a little too seriously. Reviews of this set have been out for months and if you didn't check one prior to purchase then I say "tough titties". In every set Lego makes there are compromises to achieve a function, size, stability/strength, ease of build and/or price point. I doubt that TLG see this as a flaw. They wanted to achieve the wing function, and I suspect that the vertical fin would fall down too much if the V-19 sat flat. (I haven't tested it though.)

I still think this is the most swooshable Lego ship for a while. :wub:

I've totally stabilized mine with a quick little mod.

In the black base pieces, I removed the back beige axle-pin and added a regular pin, but to the lowest hole instead of the back one. With this, it's a little back heavy, and tips backwards easily. So I then changed the back "feet" (part 4211536) to a three stud long axle with a stop (4211086) with a stud on the end. I used a white stud and it fits along with the design.

Now it sits perfectly level.

This isn't high tech, but an easy solution, and on the downside, they don't retract so well. But, my ships stay on the shelf more than in my hands.

v19.jpg

Lovely set, made it tonight!

Edited by def

I think that between Sinner's lovely walkthrough on LEGO design and def's fine modification we've got a fine solution.

You (the EB members) can now freely choose between MOD'ing or living with your LEGO design as is.

The latter is my choice and I'd stick with the "tough titties" on this one.

And yes, this is one of the most swooshable fighters given to us in a loooong time.

The fighter is tilted because of how back-heavy the fighter is. It's not a design flaw. The dorsal fin would put a lot of stress on the frame so they tilted it forward to balance it. It might've fallen over otherwise.