1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Oustanding

indexed.gif

Hello, and welcome to my first review in a while. :tongue:

I was browsing around at Target last week, debating to buy something with B-day money, and I looked around the corner of the Lego aisle, and- egad! The RFT! Along with the rest of the Target exclusives (Agents sub, Coast Guard ocean station, and yellow Jetrax)! I bought the RFT (Fifty bucks... but a higher piece count than the others, and still 100 more than the V-19, which is five dollars more :wacko: ), and scampered home with it.

I also recieved Photoshop CS-4 for my birthday, so I was excited to try it out. Here are the results, along with something else I've never done before: a blue denim(?) background! :oh3:

The front of the box:

2996117570_6dc63aea4b_o.jpg

Tank, another random desert background, Clone Wars box theme, ya ya ya...

2996117470_0f02f27727_o.jpg

Very descriptive pics on the back. :thumbup:

Onto the good stuff. The manual was all bent, so I had to use a TV remote to weigh it down:

2995278635_7ae42e58f7_o.jpg

The sticker sheet was smaller than I expected. Notice something? We'll come to that in a second. :sweet:

2995278565_9781bdb1fb_o.jpg

The two clones. Could've come with three, but I'm happy. There's the standard dark-bley accessory set, along with two small blaster rifles. One of my clone's helmet's faceplates had a small printing error. :sceptic:

2995278953_281c467d4a_o.jpg

On to the parts! No new parts, some grills, cheez slopes, etc., but what really caught my eye were these!

2995278805_9b7bc4bf09_o.jpg

Printed pieces! Yay! Two white control panels (I forgot one in the pic), one grey control panel, two Republic insignias, and three grey vent-things. :sweet:

The beginning of the tank:

2995278703_e65a8717c9_o.jpg

You see the "engine", the beginning of a cockpit (white chair! See?) and the undercarriage, which you kind-of-can't-really see in this pic.

2995279267_7a6b45d414_o.jpg

More of the beginning interior. The two control panels, chair...Cool, eh? :tongue: Pretty spacious? Wrong. You'll see why because of...

2995279323_87f63bf97c_o.jpg

...because of this thing. This takes up most of the cockpit. Fairly clever device, you push down on it, and it latches onto the hatch (more on that later), and then when you open the hatch it pops up. Still, big. In the way of my precious cockpit. :tongue:

2995279483_280c2d172d_o.jpg

2996118664_6337f4bd3c_o.jpg

And here we finish the first part of our tank in the instructions, to move onto the sleds:

2996118760_0b9f40f6ab_o.jpg

(More pics can be found at Flickr)

We move onto the sleds (or whatever they are...repulsorlifts?). Pretty neat. They have hidey-holes for the blasters, and chunk flips up to reveal three flick-fire missiles. My only gripe with these is that they're loose...

2996119236_722c1d14a4_o.jpg

2996119310_db8d88c748_o.jpg

... After building the other sled, and building the side guns, you end up with this, the final product:

2996119564_3484d5d65b_o.jpg

2996119656_7d7e893ecc_o.jpg

2995280889_3b6e0357c8_o.jpg

I also removed the big chair mechanism, leaving a spacious cabin:

2996119052_f087d2d502_o.jpg

Which is, unfortunetly, a brick too short for someone to stand up in. :hmpf_bad:

Final thoughts: A wonderful set. Printed pieces were nice, a good cockpit, and good general build. Very accurate. There were enough figs (Though, like always, I want more!) and easily MODable for you wackos who don't like my wonderful review ( :tongue: ).

Price: 8/10. It seems expensive for me, but it does have 592 pieces, which is actually very good compared to other $50 sets. The $54.99 V-19 is only 471 pieces! Gah! TLC! WTF?

Parts: 10/10. Good parts, not too much of one thing, and some really good printed pieces.

Minifigs: 8/10: Any clone gets a good rating from me. An 8 because of a small printing error. :sceptic:

Final: Why am I scoring this? No downsides. Get it!

So that concludes the written review. If you want more pictures of the underside, the build, and other general pics, again, go to the Flickr page.

For you Photoshop-savvy people, how did I do? Anything I could do better to edit?

Another great review for the Republic Fighter Tank! :thumbup:

It's been awhile since I last saw your review. The pictures are defintely very crispy and attractive! I like the use of your blue background, with the adequate lightning. The tank is nicely designed but still a little overpriced. I am still thinking whether to get this set or not. Thanks for sharing! :wink:

]

The sticker sheet was smaller than I expected. Notice something? We'll come to that in a second. :sweet:

2995278565_9781bdb1fb_o.jpg

What am I noticing?

Thanks for the great review Mr. Mandalorian :thumbup: . This set looks awesome and I actually own it but is not in my hands yet (An uncle grabbed it for me :sweet: ) so I need to wait like two days to get it (And to get my 10143 Death Star II and Comic-Con exclusive too).

Building time ON :thumbup::grin:.

What am I noticing?

That the things that are printed on the printed pieces are missing. :wink:

Great review! You showed all the features of this set excellently! :thumbup: The only things that are missing are a bottom view of the tank and a poll to rate this set. Then again, we all would probably vote "Outstanding". :tongue:

You should be grateful for the price. As you said, compared to other SW sets, it's one of the better deals. Besides, the rest of the world has to pay much more for this set. :sadnew: 70 Euros for example, which is a bit more than $70! :hmpf_bad:

This is an awesome set and I am very happy to have it! :sweet: I can highly recommend it! :thumbup:

Great review. The blue background worked out really well, IMO.

Thanks for the great review, Mr M. After debating whether to buy this set for almost a month now, I finally did it today. I'm quite alright with the price at $50 but a bit disappointed as there are only 2 minifigs with the set. Oh well, some sets has more, some has less... can't win them all!

*huh*

Now where's that second?

Or did I miss something?

Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to add this to the index within a few days. :thumbup:

What I don't understand is why TLG would put the Republic Insignia stickers in the AT-TE set, but have them printed in this one.

*huh*

Now where's that second?

Or did I miss something?

Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to add this to the index within a few days. :thumbup:

:blush:

No further questions :blush:

Thanks for your review Mr. Mandalorian :classic: I also picked up this set in recent times, and out of all the new CW vehicles I have (V19, ATTE, Republic Gunship, and the Droid Gunship). I can say with confidence that this is my favourite set of the current wave. The construction and build are faithfully accurate and to scale with the real Star Wars Fighter Tank (I did a quick measure up and discovered that it was only about 10% larger than true minifig scale!)

My flick missiles were tight, however I have noticed that the tightness of the missiles themselved vary from set to set. I agree with you that there are pretty much no downsides to the set other than that the troopers are not able to stand up inside the crew compartment -- then again clone troopers are fairly tall :wink:

The technic discs used for the wheels really do create a nice "hover" effect!

Target near me still does not have this in stock. But I may just go down the road to the lego store and pick it up after vacation. I was on the fence to get it but after your review I really think I can use it.

Great review! I love how the color scheme matches the V-19. The little storage compartments on the "wings" are great for storing some of the smaller peices of the commando gear. Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys! I was really happy with the pic quality (other than some blurriness) and I'm glad you liked the review. After I reread it, though, I wish I hadn't have posted it so late at night. :blush:

Great review! You showed all the features of this set excellently! :thumbup: The only things that are missing are a bottom view of the tank and a poll to rate this set. Then again, we all would probably vote "Outstanding". :tongue:

You should be grateful for the price. As you said, compared to other SW sets, it's one of the better deals. Besides, the rest of the world has to pay much more for this set. :sadnew: 70 Euros for example, which is a bit more than $70! :hmpf_bad:

This is an awesome set and I am very happy to have it! :sweet: I can highly recommend it! :thumbup:

We need a poll? :wacko: Good idea, though. :wink: More pics (including of the bottom are here:

Flickr

:blush:

No further questions :blush:

:laugh:

Thanks for your review Mr. Mandalorian :classic: I also picked up this set in recent times, and out of all the new CW vehicles I have (V19, ATTE, Republic Gunship, and the Droid Gunship). I can say with confidence that this is my favourite set of the current wave. The construction and build are faithfully accurate and to scale with the real Star Wars Fighter Tank (I did a quick measure up and discovered that it was only about 10% larger than true minifig scale!)

My flick missiles were tight, however I have noticed that the tightness of the missiles themselved vary from set to set. I agree with you that there are pretty much no downsides to the set other than that the troopers are not able to stand up inside the crew compartment -- then again clone troopers are fairly tall :wink:

The technic discs used for the wheels really do create a nice "hover" effect!

I thought it was a bit big. My flicky missiles were very loose, while in other sets they fit fine... ah well. They can be kept well out of sight, luckily.

Target near me still does not have this in stock. But I may just go down the road to the lego store and pick it up after vacation. I was on the fence to get it but after your review I really think I can use it.

Did you check the end shelves? This wasn't with the main selection, but in the back, and I was really lucky to spot it.

My flicky missiles were very loose, while in other sets they fit fine... ah well. They can be kept well out of sight, luckily.

One of the great pros of this set! :thumbup:

Indexed as Review 3 and added poll.

Thanks again for the review :thumbup:

I just got this set in the mail, and holy cow this set is amazing. It look me a little over an hour to build. I really love the flick-fire missile gimmik.

Seems a tad bit expensive for me.

I'll probably still get it since it was on Battlefront. :tongue:

Exactly why I got it. :laugh:

I got this set and you shouldn't have removed the big seat, it was supposed to be an emergency ejector for the pilot. They didn't print the feature though.

Erm... no. It's the control seat for the turret, and it pops up so that you can open and close the hatch. Besides, the pilot has a different seat. :wink: