• Dennimator
    • jansued
    • samthelegoman
    • Tinn-man
    • The Kid

Thanks to WhiteFang for organizing the poll! :wub:

Halloween Month Vignette Contest

Voting Thread

Choose your favourite scary haunted Halloween 2008 Vignette entries. Beware of the ones that you have voted... :skull: :skull: :skull:

thebrickster.jpgguss.jpgiscreamclone.jpgsandy.jpgbluebard.jpgcptwillabee.jpg

dwarvenlord.jpgrandomparrot.jpgbaronsat.jpgskelliesgang.jpgerbeereis.jpg

righteoussquid.jpgagentrick57.jpgdeath.jpgdarthpineapple.jpg

skinnyboy.jpglegoking.jpgtux.jpgpickerel.jpgdennimator.jpg

jansued.jpgsamthelegoman.jpgtinnman.jpgthekid.jpg

Be sure to check out the full entries thread here.

The Rules for the contest

1. Entries should be posted to the entry thread by midnight CST, October 30, 2008. No other posts should be made there. You may use this thread for discussing the entries, asking questions, or making silly jokes involving potatoes. Voting will start on Halloween, October 31st.
  2. One entry per person.
  3. Each entry is allowed up to 3 pictures, no larger than 800x600. The first picture posted will be used as the thumbnail for your entry, so choose wisely. Be sure to post that entry in the entry thread or it will be disqualified.
  4. Entries are to be built on an 8x8 base (baseplate, plate, or bricks) with up to 1 stud plate overlap allowed on all sides.
  5. Elevated parts may extend up to 5 studs out from the edge of the base. Allowed: a tree limb. Not Allowed: a wall. Use common sense or we'll hit you.
  6. Minifigs and parts held by minifigs may extend 3 studs out from the edge of the base.
  7. No piece limit.
  8. No height limit.
  9. Official LEGO parts only. No clones. No modified parts.

Voting will be close in 10th Novemeber 2008!

My vote goes to Sandy, the amount of birds in the vig scares me :laugh:

That and I have a horrible fear of Birds after being attacked by one as a kid :laugh::look:

Although BaronSat's and TheBrickster's are also very good, especially the gallows in TheBrickster's. :wub:

I voted for BaronSat. It just goes to show that behind even the most innocent of exteriors, evil may be lurking.

I thought that Halloween was to scare people. When I look at those moc's, it seems that death plays a more dominate role than scare people.

By the way, ever seen a skull look angry? Why lego made skulls, which looks angry?

I voted for Sandy, that looks more like scaring people :classic: .

BaronSat got my vote. Not only is the MOC well constructed and composed, but the concept is brilliant too. :wub:

A close second would be skelliesgang's "Nightmare at the Musuem". I love the way the figures are positioned, it makes for a cartoony yet spooky MOC. :sweet:

I voted for Cpt. Willabee because his entry is simple, but well executed and very effective. It represents your typical 50s horror movie scene in a town setting. Also, it's pretty much what I would have entered if I would have had the time to. :wink:

I first thought of voting for my own entry :grin: but that wouldn't be fair, as there are much better vigs made then mine. I think Sandy's entry is the best, very original! Good job :thumbup:

I voted for BaronSat's entry. Very nice and detailed. It was very detailed..... :wub: Good work! :thumbup:

I didn't even voted for my entry ^^ I voted for I scream clone entry , I really like it ^^ I hesitated between his entry, Sandy's entry , Skelliesgang and Baronsat Entry, but the guy burried alive is really nice, so I voted for him ! well... Baronsat puppet is awesome too... and the poster of Skelliesgang is really cool... and the sandy's bird are nice... ARRGGGG ! too many superb entry ! can I vote for all of them ? :P

Edited by Guss

I voted for The Kid, hope other competitors won't mind :tongue:

But as I said his vignette made me laugh and was scarry at the same time.

I know that because that situation happened to me *oh2*

Anyway good job everybody, I had a lot of fun.

Great collection of spooky vignettes. Thanks to Hinck, IS, and WhiteFang for organizing a great Halloween contest.

Hard vote as all of these are great.

I have to go with Skelliesgang's Nightmare at the Museum. Great action scene, and the green lettering reminds me of old mystery/horror comic books I use to read.

BaronSat's Puppeteer House is also very clever and offers a lot of spooky fun.

Again, great entries everyone!

I voted for BaronSat as well.

The design of the building is great for such a small space and the idea is very creative.

Wonderful work everyone! :thumbup:

I voted for Cpt. Willabee because his entry is simple, but well executed and very effective. It represents your typical 50s horror movie scene in a town setting. Also, it's pretty much what I would have entered if I would have had the time to. :wink:

Same here. Pretty scary, and reminded me of "Monster House". I also liked Guss's, Sandy's, and Pickerel's, all very cool. All of the entries were great, though, and I'm sad that I didn't participate. Good luck to all! :skull:

I voted for guss

thanks you very much Tim Bit

Can I ask you why did you choose mine ? I didn't voted for mine ^^ I don't think my entry deserved your vote :tongue: there is so many great entries!

I voted for Erdbeereis1 since his vig is on the one hand not that "bloody-minded" and on the other hand very gloomy - so the perfect Halloween vig! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter