Nice collection that spans the ages! I particularly like the free folk, and the pillaging of other themes for good castle bits. 

Speaking of free folk, I've got some to share. Most of my armies are set up with their respective castles and sets, but I do have a few shelves that are armied up in a way. Apologies for the potato quality of the camera. Workin' with what I've got handy.

The King's Court

52228393119_29d961f324_z.jpg

Army of my MMV having a festival.

52227116842_2abc29c635_z.jpg

52228120741_2c48e9c754_z.jpg

Some more detail on this here:

My MVR "farmy", lol. Army of farm animals. The PotC Elizabeth Swan was picked out early on by my daughter as her character for "The Orchard Family". We had a lot of fun having adventures with Elizabeth, Papa Orchard, Mama Orchard and the little brother, Toby. :D

52228604595_58f326097d_z.jpg

50 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Speaking of free folk, I've got some to share. Most of my armies are set up with their respective castles and sets, but I do have a few shelves that are armied up in a way. Apologies for the potato quality of the camera. Workin' with what I've got handy.

Very nice collection!

Had some time back at my apartment, so I took a picture of my Cyclops army.  The Hulk body is a knockoff brand, only because Lego never made any Hulks with detachable heads.  I'd normally avoid having non-Lego pieces, but the idea of a buff cylops was too hard to pass up.

pmIWtxp6j

2 hours ago, Triceron said:

Had some time back at my apartment, so I took a picture of my Cyclops army.  The Hulk body is a knockoff brand, only because Lego never made any Hulks with detachable heads.  I'd normally avoid having non-Lego pieces, but the idea of a buff cylops was too hard to pass up.

pmIWtxp6j

Your army looks good! I no longer have issue with non lego pieces. My entire dwarf army is made of non lego figures. If lego can't or unwilling to fulfill a need, others will. 

3 hours ago, Triceron said:

pmIWtxp6j

I love that big blue in the back, what body is that?

Edit: found it, harry potter 2002

Edited by woodford86

On 7/20/2022 at 4:29 PM, Follows Closely said:

I am not into army building, but I am pleased to see my modest shield collection all in one place.

Fun to see all of those shields lined up like that. 

6 minutes ago, natesroom said:

my upcoming army

Nice. I capped my red-cape-falcons at 20, but it's a nice piece.

yeah the lady had a whole bag and said i could buy the whole thing but i felt bad for other people like me looking, so i only bought a third

5 minutes ago, natesroom said:

yeah the lady had a whole bag and said i could buy the whole thing but i felt bad for other people like me looking, so i only bought a third

Good man. I'm certainly a fan of army building, but I don't think I have the heart to wipe out the entire stock of a whole store. Seems like bad Lego karma. :)

6 hours ago, natesroom said:

my upcoming army

PXL_20220721_224405854

Nice.

still waiting for those to hit my local BAM.

I’ve no idea what I’ll do with them but I still want them…

I managed to get six and they've been sold out every time since. And the Bricklink store in my city that was selling 70 a couple weeks ago has 150 today....I love Bricklink but f*@$#* that greedy piece of s$&%.

On 7/21/2022 at 6:48 PM, natesroom said:

my upcoming army

PXL_20220721_224405854

What color legs are you doing? 

using this Dark Red Hips and Black legs...It looks pretty good. I may try to get a dozen or 20 of the BAM ones.

970c11.png

Edited by natesroom

That horse armour looks fantastic. The wings on the helmets look familiar, are they cut from the flying warrior's helmet?

37 minutes ago, Wardancer said:

May I remind the gentlemen that if you ever wish to expand your army beyond the known limits customization is always an option?:

Silver Lords (revisited 2022)

Not a big fan of painting and cutting/gluing stuff, personally. Farthest I'll go is using third party/bootlego pieces and stickers.

18 minutes ago, MAB said:

That horse armour looks fantastic. The wings on the helmets look familiar, are they cut from the flying warrior's helmet?

Thank you. Yes, exactly. Well spotted! 

16 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Not a big fan of painting and cutting/gluing stuff, personally. Farthest I'll go is using third party/bootlego pieces and stickers.

Agreed, but also to each their own and these look fabulous. I like to see it but won't do it to my own collection anymore. :pir-huzzah2:

Disclaimer: Former WHFB and 40k player in the 90s/00s. I wrecked a few of my (now vintage) classic castle figures with customization. Fortunately water based paint comes off but the figures are still damaged.

Custom lego parts is why I really want to get a 3D printer.  Unfortunately I don't have the space to keep or use one.

My mom's been visiting my sister in Ottawa for the past month and she was able to pick me up a handful of the new black falcon torsos for me.

This feels like a good set-up, might switch to all black legs on the guy on the right, though:

YbN09Ro.jpeg

I want to lament on my missing army (missing meaning i didn't collect for some reason) - So i was going through my bins pulling out the armies and organizing them more clearly and i did an accurate count of what i had (not including CMF's and other things)

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.bricklink.com%2FItemImage%2FMT%2F0%2Fcas074.t1.png&t=1662503837&ymreqid=8b9e8ff1-cba2-8099-1c1c-bd0007013b00&sig=F357CcLN0P7OZqBFqtyLDA--~DClassic Castle 22
Black Falcons 43
Black Knights 33
Lions/Crusaders 80
Wolfpack 26
Forestman 62
Dark Forest 3

Dragon Knights 27
Royal Knight - 5 (2 kings lol)
Fright Knight - 6

Bull Knight 2
Knights Kingdom I - King Leo and a Leo Torso and 2 soldiers
Vladek - 2
Fantasy Era Crown Knight 24

Kingdoms Lions 31
Kingdoms Dragon Knight 28

Red Dragon Knights 4
Blue Lion Knights 4

LOTR 60

I already knew Kingdoms I & II i didnt have alot of but i didnt realize i was missing so much of castle 2007 and 2012 

I was looking back at all the armies people have posted over the years. It's awesome to see how the looks have changed over the years. Here are some pictures of some of my factions in formation 

20220908_170122.jpg

20220908_170145.jpg

20220908_170114.jpg