@LEGO.Inc Very nice.  I need to get more of that dragon armor I only have a few.  I always liked this dragon design the best of the all the dragon knights that lego has released.  

Love the photos everyone.  I may have to get motivated and share my latest acquisitions.  I just purchased about a thousand "bad guy" fantasy figs from ninjago, nexo knights, and chima...  It is amazing how I dislike the protagonists from those themes... but the antagonists were pretty darn cool!

@ zoth33 If you are talking about the scale armor on the dragon knights, I agree.  It has always been one of my favorites.  It is a good generic armor type without heraldry so you can be flexible about which army you add them to.

39 minutes ago, DaleDVM said:

Love the photos everyone.  I may have to get motivated and share my latest acquisitions.  I just purchased about a thousand "bad guy" fantasy figs from ninjago, nexo knights, and chima...  It is amazing how I dislike the protagonists from those themes... but the antagonists were pretty darn cool!

@ zoth33 If you are talking about the scale armor on the dragon knights, I agree.  It has always been one of my favorites.  It is a good generic armor type without heraldry so you can be flexible about which army you add them to.

That scale armor is nice and the heraldry on the dragon knights from kingdoms was the best in my opinion.  Also I love the antagonists from ninjago, nexo knights, and chima.  I have small factions of the lava baddies and the gargoyles from nexo knights.  I have several different small factions from Ninjago some of my favorites are the fire snakes, vermillion, ice samurai and of course the oni.  From chima I have some of the bats which I like the most, the wolves, and the ravens.  But I also like to use the lions from chima in my lion lords army especially the fire chi suits in red with red hoods and capes for my lion knights as assassins or ranger, they look really good.  I have found several uses from those 3 themes and even different figs from marvel/DC like the sakaraan, certain batman cowls, groot, atlantean warriors, etc.  

Yes those dragons on the shields and flags are terrific.  Definitely my favorite from the old school castle guys.  From the 2000's on, I do have a soft spot for the heraldry on the two kingdoms factions.  They both have a much more detailed sigil that match each other well in their aesthetic.  I think they appeal to adults more and the checkered color pattern just does it for me.  I was saddened in 2012 with the heraldry from the last castle theme.  I thought it was a step backwards, but I guess they were trying to appeal to a younger group since Hobbit sets were out at the same time.

15 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

Yes those dragons on the shields and flags are terrific.  Definitely my favorite from the old school castle guys.  From the 2000's on, I do have a soft spot for the heraldry on the two kingdoms factions.  They both have a much more detailed sigil that match each other well in their aesthetic.  I think they appeal to adults more and the checkered color pattern just does it for me.  I was saddened in 2012 with the heraldry from the last castle theme.  I thought it was a step backwards, but I guess they were trying to appeal to a younger group since Hobbit sets were out at the same time.

Yeah I agree.  I like the new black falcon torsos and legs, I've got about 25 and i got my son a bunch.  I hope we get some new heraldry too in the cmf also.  I really liked the frightening knight armor and torso and legs, shield was also great.  Obviously a new castle or fantasy theme would be ideal for new heraldry and to army build.  

On 8/21/2011 at 6:39 PM, de Gothia said:

So i thought I upload some pics of my 13 factions I have.

Crusaders.

The Queen herself and her army. The largest cavalry in the Kingdoms

crusaders.jpg

Black Knights

blackknights.jpg

Black Falcons

blackfalcons.jpg

White Lions

whitelions.jpg

Dragon Knights

I really like how well the Elfs body fits to this army! My biggest army

dragonknights.jpg

Crown Knights

Only footmen. The only one riding in this army is the leader himself, Ian.

crownknights.jpg

Dragon Masters

dragonmasters.jpg

Forestmen

forestmen.jpg

Royal Knights

royalknights.jpg

Royal Lions

royallions.jpg

Snake Knights

snakeknights.jpg

Wolfpack

wolfpack.jpg

Bulls Knights

The Bulls have some wildmens (orc bodys) in their army.

bullsknights.jpg

Very nice. But I prefer to limit mine to 3 large factions

On 8/19/2016 at 1:44 AM, Ecclesiastes said:

Great work Narbilu, definitely an Avalonia vibe!! :classic:

This is my custom army I made during the last years:

28993819431_4811b695fb_c.jpg

29070206165_961cb87223_c.jpg

9 Infantry divisions each containging 43 soldiers and 1 officer.

And in the middle, the king, general and 10 knights.

Wowwwww! Top marks. I love these.

On 4/8/2014 at 6:55 PM, cosmicpurr said:

nice formation!!!

Not so big army. You're right! It's Massive!!

On 5/26/2008 at 6:07 PM, Batbrick said:

This (I love this setup btw, took me ages):

p1230218.jpg

So sorry for the gigantic pic! I must've left the setting higher than I wanted :cry_sad:

And also this:

p1230423.jpg

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great Set up

On 5/26/2008 at 11:07 PM, shinohara said:

Hi all

this is my not so big army .... :sweet:

army-1.jpg

army-2.jpg

Nice, but why only spear wielding infantry???

On 1/14/2009 at 12:43 AM, ultraman_bc said:

Got into serious army building in 2007 with my purchase of Castle Siege after coming out of my Dark Ages.

Here you see the 4 factions I have built so far.

The Crown Army

dscf0001-1.jpg

Brickshelf folder;

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=361058

The Dwarf Army

dscf0028-1.jpg

Brickshelf folder; (when public)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=362397

The Skeleton Army

dscf0002-1.jpg

Brickshelf folder;

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=361047

The Troll Army

dscf0001-1.jpg

Brickshelf folder; (when public)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=362393

This is what I call an army.

14 hours ago, royalstick said:

pistol cavarly and wagon ride footman

elven auxiliary archers

IMG_20210916_001354

Awesome army! I enjoy your war wagons and their riders especially :)

Hello everyone. I would like to share with you my army of the Wolfpack :pir_laugh2:

The Wolfpack army.

More pictures can be found at my Flickr here: 

Edited by ViktoR

On 5/13/2022 at 10:37 PM, ViktoR said:

Hello everyone. I would like to share with you my army of the Wolfpack :pir_laugh2:

The Wolfpack army.

More pictures can be found at my Flickr here: 

Wow really nice army, i'm a big fan of the the custom brickwarriors Helmets, armor and weapons. Those custom shields and decals of yours are really nice!

I guess you can call them what you like, but presumably Silver Falcons are just an offshoot of the Black Falcons if they carry BF shields into battle. Personally, I'd have them all right handed. It looks a bit strange having half left and half right handed and assembling into a formation where they split down the middle. The swordsmen in the middle are going to clash with their neighbours.

4 hours ago, Boogalum said:

Short a few helmets and feathers to finish them off. Thoughts and ideas welcome

I'd go with either white plumes or dark red.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:06 PM, Lord of the Lego Legions said:

White Lions

whitelions.jpg

Are those knights helmets official pieces? I like em

2 hours ago, woodford86 said:

Are those knights helmets official pieces? I like em

Those are the BrickForge Great Helm

13 hours ago, natesroom said:
  Hide contents

How did you get so many of the torso's??

Money. Find a store that have them, then purchase them. The dual molded DBG / black legs are also in the BAM.

Edited by MAB

On 6/26/2022 at 9:09 PM, natesroom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20220623_205858

How did you get so many of the torso's??

Here in South Africa I guess demand is low. I picked these up over 3 weeks. Currently, almost a month after they first appeared, there are still loads of knights in the BAM towers and more in the back.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:44 AM, MAB said:

I guess you can call them what you like, but presumably Silver Falcons are just an offshoot of the Black Falcons if they carry BF shields into battle. Personally, I'd have them all right handed. It looks a bit strange having half left and half right handed and assembling into a formation where they split down the middle. The swordsmen in the middle are going to clash with their neighbours.

Makes sense, will make some changes when I get the rest of the parts I need (plumes, helmets, quivers, axes...)

Lucky, here in Calgary I found a few about a month ago but they've been sold out every time I've went since then. Talking to people it sounds like there's some Bricklinkers in town that raid the store on resupply day every week. Can't say if its true but if it is that's super frustrating, and there's an Alberta store with 70 in stock right now sooo...

On 6/24/2022 at 2:44 AM, MAB said:

Personally I'm not a fan of making the falcons red when they've always been blue, so I've been putting red capes on mine to hide the falcon crest entirely. They're gonna be my kings guard for the lion knights together with the BAM shields.ptKlnOS.jpg

2 hours ago, woodford86 said:

Personally I'm not a fan of making the falcons red when they've always been blue, so I've been putting red capes on mine to hide the falcon crest entirely. They're gonna be my kings guard for the lion knights together with the BAM shields.

They look good, and it fits with the printed cape on the front. Fortunately I have quite a few of the chainmail torsos from Kingdoms and the fright knight cmf to do similar figures. 

I think I found my Black Falcon leader. In my world the Lion's are the royalty, the Falcon's are just the most powerful house and most likely to overthrow the king if they wanted to. Lannister's vs. Starks kind of thing. Torso is from Bard (The Hobbit).

GiTM0PR.jpg

Edited by woodford86

Hello there!

These are some of my smaller castle factions.

Trolls
Lead by their evil overlord; an anonymous black knight
51401937383_bc68ef790a_c.jpg20210825_142450 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Green Dragon Knights

51401674111_fe4dd5293b_c.jpg20210825_103019 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Dragon Masters
51402433604_a55e59c230_c.jpg20210825_103751 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Black Knights
51401937333_7a3fe0701d_c.jpg20210825_112850 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Fright Knights
51402652130_951b838f1b_c.jpg20210825_145348 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Freefolk
An uneasy alliance of smaller factions who oppose the rule of the more dominant factions (Crusaders, Crown Knights etc.)
51400932127_a4e93333d2_c.jpg20210825_140210 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Classic Castle Knights
51402437559_af0c5f44f0_c.jpg20210825_122649 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Forestmen
51401678101_dd688849d9_c.jpg20210825_134503 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

Civilians
51402438309_a128eeed6d_c.jpg20210825_123750 by Jelt Aquila, on Flickr

I’m currently reworking a lot of these (and my larger) armies. So I might post a new update soon.