9 hours ago, John Cromwell said:

@zoth33 Thanks! If you want to know how I made them I used this link and compiled them into one document at their right heights and heat-transferred them onto plain white fabric and then cut them all out, obviously.

Very nice.  Thank you.

most of my legos are in my other house in new york ( i am staying at my country house in maryland ) but here is a small dwarf band i made 50696968756_dfb533fdf4_c.jpg

I transitioned in making armies based on the coat of arms and prefered to group them by colours. That way it doesnt matter if I only have 5 black falcons and 100 blue lions.
To me it feels better as there is a variety among the ranks but can be easily paired as a faction in a easy visual manner.
I also think about them in a more classic historical way, so have asigned them a kingdom allegiance.
Here a some

the red-white-yellow-gold:  english
the blue-red-gold-white: french
the green-black-brown-yellow: italian
the black-yellow-red: holy roman empire

Black Faction

Green Faction

Green Faction

Red Faction

Red Faction

Blue Faction

Blue Faction

@Niku, I especially like your English faction... and that’s not just me being patriotic! :laugh:

If I may make one suggestion: I would swap more of the bare hands for coloured ones to represent gloves and gauntlets. Hands were very vulnerable in medieval combat so if you or the army you were serving under could afford hand protection, you would have used it.

Edited by AmperZand

On 12/13/2020 at 7:27 AM, AmperZand said:

@Niku, I especially like your English faction... and that’s not just me being patriotic! :laugh:

If I may make one suggestion: I would swap more of the bare hands for coloured ones to represent gloves and gauntlets. Hands were very vulnerable in medieval combat so if you or the army you were serving under could afford hand protection, you would have and use it.

Glad you like the English Amperzand, I find their colours very eye catching and the emblems and flags also help. :grin:
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to change some, but sadly dont have that many spares to do so.
They will have to risk their hands or be better at fighting.

On 12/13/2020 at 8:59 AM, John Cromwell said:

Very nice, @Niku! That's an interesting way of going about making armies, also I like that you liken them to historical armies.

Thanks John, I find it more easy to incorporate new figs to the existing forces rather than collect on just some factions.
I based the colours on the typical depiction of the armies on some drawings,and games also.

I am planning to take a photo of more troops of the army and also of the civilians I have.

8 minutes ago, Niku said:

Thanks John, I find it more easy to incorporate new figs to the existing forces rather than collect on just some factions.

You're welcome! I'm just the opposite, since I like to collect official 'Lego factions', instead of making up my own (faction) and using certain torsos and shields to depict that faction.

Speaking of which, I just got another shipment of Black Knights, so I'll have to post updated pictures of the army.

Reinforcements have arrived!

New Recruits

Well, technically, I already owned the yellow knight in the middle, but his side plumes just arrived, so I thought I'd include him since he is now complete!

Now for some pictures of the entire 'army'.

The Grand Army

Left flank:

Left Flank

Center:

Middle Section

Right flank:

Right Flank

Enjoy!

These one are reminding me my first sets in my childhood. I sometimes find some spare parts and I would pay a lot now to get a full army lioke yours.

Very nice.

@SerenityInFire, Cool minifigures!

It looks like you gave them different faces to vary them which is a nice touch. Of the 700 or so minifigures in my display collection, no two are identical except in my platoon of Uruk-Hai. Among my Uruks, quite a few are the same.

I’m not a fan of fleshies and even less so of using them among yellowies. But to each their own.

One thing I would suggest is to keep your minifigures - and indeed all your LEGO - out of sunlight. Looks like you’ve got a sunny room there which is great for real people but not so great for plastic ones.

56 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

@SerenityInFire, Cool minifigures!

It looks like you gave them different faces to vary them which is a nice touch. Of the 700 or so minifigures in my display collection, no two are identical except in my platoon of Uruk-Hai. Among my Uruks, quite a few are the same.

I’m not a fan of fleshies and even less so of using them among yellowies. But to each their own.

One thing I would suggest is to keep your minifigures - and indeed all your LEGO - out of sunlight. Looks like you’ve got a sunny room there which is great for real people but not so great for plastic ones.

Thanks!  I generally keep my legos downstairs out of the sun, and just brought them up for photographing.  I generally agree with you about mixing fleshies with yellowies, but I just use the fleshies to denote some special characters, like the King and his Generals, and one of the wizards too.

@Shroffy123, I’m liking what I see! More pictures, please :classic:

I also count Murt from Ninjago among my orcs (though I changed mine a bit). I reckon Ninjago’s designers were thinking ‘orcs’ when they came up with the munce  species of ‘green brutes’.

Thank you AmperZand. Yes, ninjago is pretty much all I buy now as I wait for the next castle wave. Alot of good castle parts. 

My dragon army. The dragon lord and his bannermen. 

20210304_221532.jpg

20210304_221245.jpg

20210304_221341.jpg

20210304_222401.jpg

20210304_222209.jpg

20210304_215807.jpg

20210304_215130.jpg

20210304_215145.jpg

20210304_215155.jpg

Overview of all kingdoms assembled for war against the dark lord

20210316_181421.jpg

20210316_181503.jpg

20210316_181532.jpg

20210316_181541.jpg

8 hours ago, SerenityInFire said:

My Skeleton Army

wiKZMmO.jpg

Led by the evil wizard, his skeleton captain, and his skeleton chef

ljfrEtq.jpg

Nice army! I like the wizard minifig.

IMG_20211009_110555__01[11388].jpg

More and more variation in the making (archers, pikemen, king, queen f.e.)

Edited by LEGO.Inc