@LEGO_Knight12 Hands down the most impressive orc army display I've ever seen! Not just a great and diverse army, but the irregular positioning of the ships makes for a very dynamic scene. Love it! :thumbup::thumbup:

This orc army is boringly... BRILLIANT! *oh2*
I really like it, it's wonderful how you accmplished the ragged army look, and the small boats are nice touch. That's one heck of a gold sunk in these ships, I guess. :wink:
Have you thought a bout a sea? Maybe just blue slopes and some white for waves could fit?

18 hours ago, Exetrius said:

@LEGO_Knight12 Hands down the most impressive orc army display I've ever seen! Not just a great and diverse army, but the irregular positioning of the ships makes for a very dynamic scene. Love it! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you. I try to randomize them so that it does not look too boring...LOL

16 hours ago, Aine said:

This orc army is boringly... BRILLIANT! *oh2*
I really like it, it's wonderful how you accmplished the ragged army look, and the small boats are nice touch. That's one heck of a gold sunk in these ships, I guess. :wink:
Have you thought a bout a sea? Maybe just blue slopes and some white for waves could fit?

I had not thought of that. Maybe next time I could try add 1x1 round plates of trans-blue and clear to create those wave effects. Thanks! :sweet:

It'll be nice, and it wouldn't cost a fortune, neither lots of time.
Do you have any enemy navy, so that the orcs have someone to fight?

On 12/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, Aine said:

It'll be nice, and it wouldn't cost a fortune, neither lots of time.
Do you have any enemy navy, so that the orcs have someone to fight?

I do not have an enemy navy in mind. I was thinking more about the Orcs attacking a coastal wall. :)

7 hours ago, LEGO_Knight12 said:

I do not have an enemy navy in mind. I was thinking more about the Orcs attacking a coastal wall. :)

I've got some Elves that would take on your orcs ?

Very nice Army-,,much better with the ships! Reminds me of the opening scene from Warcraft II.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:19 PM, Rogue Angel said:

I've got some Elves that would take on your orcs ?

Very nice Army-,,much better with the ships! Reminds me of the opening scene from Warcraft II.

Join the Horde like the Blood Elves that you were meant to be! :grin:

Thank you. Tide of Darkness comes to mind! LOL

17 hours ago, BardDandelion said:

Here are my Legions of the Damned:

For more photos go to thread I made for that army: click.

You have posted so many great armies here. ;)

:devil_laugh: Great variety, yet good consistency! The giant demon with the armour on is well-done, and I like the burning.. bisons?  

35 minutes ago, shadowshade13 said:

i can't upload pictures...they say too little space help

Read the "images" section of the FAQ.

Ok, so I finally got myself to choosing and uploading the photos of my army. Honestly, I'm not happy about the result, and I hesitated for months before sharing the stuff.
Small remark: what you'll see is inspired by a famous and lovely The Northern Horde, a barbarian cavalry force that you may see here and here. To have an overal idea what kind of effect I was trying to achieve, look no further than this:

DSC_2167_zpsd83606e8.jpg

My idea was to create a counterforce, the polar opposite of The Northern Horde, an Imperial Cavalry. I tried, but well... uhm, well, I think I failed. My cataphracts have all the shortcomings of the usual clone armies, while having very little of their spell. Idk, maybe the photos just suck, I wished for something different, but whatever; this is the result.

And Lo, When the Imperium Marches Against Gul-Kothoth, Then Dark Sorceries Shall Enshroud the Citadel of the Obsidian Crown

KHIpFLU.jpg

2yafQ8L.jpg

JBnDA6w.jpg

VpatYfo.jpg

ShNiQWN.jpg

wVvArDW.jpg

uos2Oaa.jpg

Oenwiv9.jpg

6gtgJGw.jpg

Edited by Aine

That is quite impressive Aine.  That is alot of horses.  Really nice looking army, love all the old school dragon knight shields.  

@zoth33 Thanks for your support! I am not totally happy with the photos, they really didn't capture the atmosphere I wanted to achieve, but speaking of the numbers... yeah, I got them! :pir-devil:
I'll try to make a bit more detailed photos on Sat/Sun of the particular dudes, and I'll give some bit more ideas about the Imperial Cavalry.

@richchie Those are lovely soldiers! My favourite part is the merry-go-round horse. I wanted to use one for a princess - oh, that shiny bridle -, but it definitely works amazingly well as a commander's horse!
Where are those pikes from?

Lining up all of those flags must have been fun!

21 hours ago, MAB said:

Lining up all of those flags must have been fun!

Yeah, it was such a pain! :-D
Here's the one last look at The Empyrial Cavalry:
7LrRyDx.jpg

Centre: 49 Heavy Cavalrymen + 1 General
Wings: 2x 25 Medium Cavalrymen
Scouts: 50 Light Cavalrymen in four troops
Archers: 2x 25 Mounted Bowmen
In all: 200 horsemen.

Also, I heard about a horrible deed of necromancy being commited in the North!

Edited by Aine

On 5/10/2019 at 2:13 PM, Aine said:

@richchie Those are lovely soldiers! My favourite part is the merry-go-round horse. I wanted to use one for a princess - oh, that shiny bridle -, but it definitely works amazingly well as a commander's horse!
Where are those pikes from?

those pikes i bought together with custom gondor soldiers (torso, shields, helmets) from this BL shop https://store.bricklink.com/Friend.bricks?p=Friend.bricks#/splash

Thanks for the info! I'm searching for some nice javelins, spears and halberds, as I don't really like the classic lego stuff, and these look very nice!

edit: Wow, that's amazing shop! I remeber seeing it a year or so ago, and I drooled over some of the stuff. Fortunately I was able to overcome the urge to spend all my money oh their products! :pir-devil:

Edited by Aine

Impresssive cavalry force they are a formidable force

i also love the Gondor troops, thanks for sharing ?

After few years of collecting  and some changes in layout, let me introduce final layout of my orcs army (245 minifigs  + 2 cave trolls)

Army consists of 200 infantry, 20 bowman an 22 support units (4 of them are scouts on wargs, 8 are siege crew for catapults and balistas)  and 3 commanders

this layout can be add to my largest MOC - siege of tharbad as a siege army.
I try to make orcs infantry not such a clone army, but probably on this picture you can not see that most of the orcs are made by combination of existing LEGO LOTR an hobbit orcs staff. I also add some custom heads and shields

Many thanks to my friend, who help me with building such a great army  : https://store.bricklink.com/Friend.bricks?p=Friend.bricks#/splash

47922848548_9a7c9d6013_h.jpgOrcs army (flickr) by richchie, on Flickr

Edited by richchie