Nice figs Wardancer.  Where did you get the helms from?

On 23.3.2018 at 4:21 PM, x105Black said:

It's really a shame that it's not purist because they look fantastic!

Thank you. Using third party parts is a very soft form of customization and maybe worth a try...

6 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice figs Wardancer.  Where did you get the helms from?

They are from "Nicebricks" on Bricklink, an entrepreneur provider of custom parts in Monaco. He has good stuff. I have no idea how a single person has access to the necessary tools for making parts with this quality, but he makes them. I have bought several different parts from him and have always enjoyed it. I paid 2 Euro per helmet, but now they are 50% off. 

Edited by Wardancer

16 hours ago, Wardancer said:

Thank you. Using third party parts is a very soft form of customization and maybe worth a try...

They are from "Nicebricks" on Bricklink, an entrepreneur provider of custom parts in Monaco. He has good stuff. I have no idea how a single person has access to the necessary tools for making parts with this quality, but he makes them. I have bought several different parts from him and have always enjoyed it. I paid 2 Euro per helmet, but now they are 50% off. 

Thank you for the information.  I will have to look that up.  

Impressive songwm.  That's a lot of mounted orcs.  I can't wait for the Jurassic world sets so I can get some raptors and dilophosaurus.  Maybe even an indoraptor if I can.  

Gorgeous army; I also love the mounts. The dinosaurs work very well with the orcs. I picked up one of the newer Triceratops, and wish I'd picked up a few more.

Small army to contribute and is still WIP for my Rohan Armoured Rangers. I hope you enjoyed viewing them. 

42838540801_393883fe30_b_d.jpg

42790124872_5086c97e35_o_d.jpg

Very nice WhiteFang i like the use of the dragon armor.  

Nice figs and posing Whitefang. I wish the Spears were a little more common/cheaper. They are far superior to the old Spears, but are hard to come by.

No photos yet, as NONE of the mini figures are built at the moment, but I did get the Kingdoms Chess Set, very helpful. Only have two Blue-armoured crown soldiers. Born too early for that theme!

On 6/16/2018 at 1:27 PM, WhiteFang said:

Small army to contribute and is still WIP for my Rohan Armoured Rangers. I hope you enjoyed viewing them.

Nice one! I really like the painted helmet and armours.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:26 AM, songwm said:

An update of my Orcs army

Impressive army! Dewbacks fit surprisingly well.

1 hour ago, Brick2x4 said:

Nice one! I really like the painted helmet and armours.

Impressive army! Dewbacks fit surprisingly well.

Not a moderator, but you shouldn't quote that many photo's, it clogs up the thread

On 6/16/2018 at 8:27 PM, WhiteFang said:

Very nice party!

What's the colour of nasal helmet? I realized that the old stuff doesn't stand well next to the new colours, but this mix looks pretty nice.
How do you like the spears? I realized that the tip is a tiny bit too much soft and bulky, but of course they are an improvement over the primitive all-wood one-piece javelin.
I really dig the uniform look! I'm not so sure about the horses, coz on one hand I really like how you conveyed the idea of a particular breed, otoh, it could also be nice to mix another colors in.
Last note: the longsword/claymore: does it touch the ground when put into the clip?

<3

5 hours ago, Aine said:

What's the colour of nasal helmet? I realized that the old stuff doesn't stand well next to the new colours, but this mix looks pretty nice.
How do you like the spears? I realized that the tip is a tiny bit too much soft and bulky, but of course they are an improvement over the primitive all-wood one-piece javelin.
I really dig the uniform look! I'm not so sure about the horses, coz on one hand I really like how you conveyed the idea of a particular breed, otoh, it could also be nice to mix another colors in.
Last note: the longsword/claymore: does it touch the ground when put into the clip?

The cone helmet is steel grey. While I agree the new spears are soft and bulky, but I chosen that it because it brought contrast to the whole minifigure due to the 2 colour tones on the spear which I like it. Well, this is the first time I had done using these new horses. I find using the new horses for the yellow traditional minifigures is strange, while fleshie minifigures seems quite welcoming or rather suiting from aesthetics perspective. For the longsword, yes it almost touching the ground and it appears you are scrapping it. 

4 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

The cone helmet is steel grey. While I agree the new spears are soft and bulky, but I chosen that it because it brought contrast to the whole minifigure due to the 2 colour tones on the spear which I like it. Well, this is the first time I had done using these new horses. I find using the new horses for the yellow traditional minifigures is strange, while fleshie minifigures seems quite welcoming or rather suiting from aesthetics perspective. For the longsword, yes it almost touching the ground and it appears you are scrapping it. 

That mix of helms looks beautiful, nice contrast between regulars and the officer. Same goes for the spear, not only they are realistic, but you are right, it's also about the contrast.
I didn't meant to mix the old and new horses, I guess that there'd be too much of a difference, but rather the colors of the new ones. There's a famous brown-and-spot breed that weights like a small elephant, so yep, the reddish brown are amazing warhorses, but what about a black ones?
They miss sidearms, right? Do you plan to arm thos guys, and if you do, what will you use? I know that curved blade is much more appropriate for cavalry, but I'd give them the gladius. Or some kind of lego mace?

@Andremann Nice! Good use of the Garmadon faces and white hairs, I might put mine to use in such a way as well. :classic::thumbup: And the panther suits them well, too!

finaly I finish my gondor and elvs army, so I post here pictures of all my LOTR/ Hobbit armies :

orcs  army (around 220 wariors) :

44123854382_628150223b_h.jpg08 orcs army by richchie, on Flickr

Rohan army (not so good picture, must make new photo, on this you can not see that each rohan soldier is different...) :

42719299220_eaca2fe28a_h.jpgRohan by richchie, on Flickr

Gondor and Elves army :

44507179955_99ea1a8540_h.jpggondor and elves 1 by richchie, on Flickr

43605074850_d0536b7642_h.jpggondor and elves 2 by richchie, on Flickr

All my armies I want to add to my big project , I am building diorama  to show siege of city of Tharbad by orcs, Rohan, Gondor and elves will come to help the deffenders... City of tharbad was in tolkien world city, that belongs to kingom of Arnor, sister kingdom of Gondor.

The siege of tharbad you can not find in tolkiens books, but I decide to make small fiction, timeline of the story is between events from hobbit and LOTR.

here  I am posting pictures of progres in this diorama :

Hope you enjoy my creations :-)

I may be slightly jealous at that orc army you've got there. Just wow. Armoured, non-armoured, all sorts of different helmets and weapons. Very nice. 

Love the treb, and also the army, ofc. Are the dudes 100% personalized? I see some different faces! :wink:

there are more groups with the same weapons and armor but I tried to customize each face, I could not 100% but I'm quite satisfied