58 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

@Jeebus Welcome to Eurobricks! I like the Black legion here, especially that wicked bowman! *huh*:thumbup:

Thank you Exetrius. I too found the Black Legion to be the most interesting one, even though I made it the most recently. Do you have any advice/criticism of my armies? They are all in early stages of creation so any advice/recommendations/criticism is appreciated.

Nice armies. My criticism would be the mixture of flesh and yellow skin characters. It is not so bad when you mix the other colours (eg. troll heads or fantasy style black ones), but flesh against yellow looks odd.

I don't think you should be showing the fake Rohan soldiers as they are direct copies of a lego product and so shouldn't be here. I think the rule is that you can only show such figures when they are something that lego doesn't make, and even then they should be in the special region of Community rather than in regular threads. Although I'm sure I will be corrected if I misunderstood the rule about bootlegs. That said, if you don't say they are fake, how is anyone to know ...?

8 hours ago, MAB said:

Nice armies. My criticism would be the mixture of flesh and yellow skin characters. It is not so bad when you mix the other colours (eg. troll heads or fantasy style black ones), but flesh against yellow looks odd.

I don't think you should be showing the fake Rohan soldiers as they are direct copies of a lego product and so shouldn't be here. I think the rule is that you can only show such figures when they are something that lego doesn't make, and even then they should be in the special region of Community rather than in regular threads. Although I'm sure I will be corrected if I misunderstood the rule about bootlegs. That said, if you don't say they are fake, how is anyone to know ...?

True, I used to have an issue with flesh and yellow, so I see what you mean. Nowadays I think it gives some variety. 

Yeah, I removed the Rohan soldiers. Thanks for the heads up! It seems the rule states to not post explicit replicas of existing Lego products as there could be pending lawsuits about copyright and such. 

I see that after forum update there is almost no post here. 
Anyone know on which forum/website moved this weiner measuring contest ?

I'm sure if there was a proper Castle theme happening at the moment there would be people inspired to amass soldiers again

To be honest I'm not so sure. I mean in Castle 2014 we had 6 new torsos? 3 black dragons and 3 other, 2 armors and 2 horse pijamas? Then 90% of people will use probably only 1 faction? We will end up with dozen of armies made from 3 minifigs. :D 

Don't undestand me wrong that's normal way of doing it, but I started building my army 2 years ago which was after they stop selling last castle. I have about XXX dark dragons but my total number of minifigs is still 10x bigger. 
If someone want to build an army he can find "castle" armies anywhere. There are figs in Star Wars, Super Heros. Nexo and my favorite Ninjago which even partially resemble medieval warriors. 

The main and only problem at the moment is lack of horses. Which is really annoying. 

On 14/08/2017 at 9:46 PM, Stelario said:

Don't undestand me wrong that's normal way of doing it, but I started building my army 2 years ago which was after they stop selling last castle. I have about XXX dark dragons but my total number of minifigs is still 10x bigger. 

If someone want to build an army he can find "castle" armies anywhere. There are figs in Star Wars, Super Heros. Nexo and my favorite Ninjago which even partially resemble medieval warriors.

Yes, there are loads of parts available, especially torsos, for building purist custom armies. And don't forget the CMF line, some recent ones (such as Frightening Knight, Rogue, possibly Gladiator, Faun, Winged Warrior, etc depending on your era) have been great.

On 14/08/2017 at 9:46 PM, Stelario said:

The main and only problem at the moment is lack of horses. Which is really annoying. 

They (the reddish brown, moveable legs ones) appeared on PAB walls in the UK, about 2 years ago. Maybe not a good sign as it can mean getting rid of stock, which might be why they haven't been seen since 2014 sets.

Yes I know about this horses unfortunately i didn't need them that time. If someone is building not a historical army but fantasy one he can easily use some other animals. Shame that camels and elephants aren't available any more but still there are new cats this year. :)

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, CyberInsaneoHD said:

Amazing scene! How'd you get the hill so steep?

Thank you 

here is a complete view of the diorama

Rise of Rohan 3

29 minutes ago, Praetorian_ said:

Thank you 

here is a complete view of the diorama

Rise of Rohan 3

Very nice. I also like the Isengard banner with the chain and the scattered rocks and debris giving the ground more texture than just flat colour.

Finally figured out how to post pics. Just an overview of part of my army. Post more soon. 

800x450.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by Shroffy123

On 2-2-2018 at 8:12 PM, SupremoDesslock said:

Too bad that nobody has published a post for a long time.

It sure is. CMF is a costly way to army build these days, plus the past series were TLBM and TLNM. Nexo Knights isn't the cup of tea of most castle/army builders. Neither are minidolls... You might be able compose some castle-ish figs from current Star Wars characters, but otherwise there is hardly any new material to collect for a castle army. :look:

here we are! since it is too much that no one post something I put some pictures of two of my little armies, skeletons and dwarfs .. 
Not really exciting but better than nothing .. have fun

dwarf%2001

skeleton%20army%2001

skeleton%20army%2004

43 minutes ago, Andremann said:

here we are! since it is too much that no one post something I put some pictures of two of my little armies, skeletons and dwarfs .. 
Not really exciting but better than nothing .. have fun

dwarf%2001

skeleton%20army%2001

skeleton%20army%2004

Liking the small cannon for the dwarves - I've seen a beautiful 4 barrelled one but it is a bit of a "cheat" to put together... do you have any close up views? Are you on Flickr?

On 11/3/2018 at 3:07 PM, nine09nueve said:

Liking the small cannon for the dwarves - I've seen a beautiful 4 barrelled one but it is a bit of a "cheat" to put together... do you have any close up views? Are you on Flickr?

Yes, I also saw the 4-barrel version and I was inspired by that, but it was too complex to build ..

I have a closer photo and an "exploded" one.

I'm not on flickr, only something on bricksafe

dwarf%20cannon.jpg

dwarf%20cannon1.jpg

Knight's Valor

39954117695_0d9fe0a501_z.jpg

The elite arm of Hislith, number one ranked guild, and the most honorable knights of the west. The Black Lance has nothing on these knights. Armed with silver weapons and armor that have been enchanted by the Lenarian Elementalists, these knights are sturdy and the strongest knights of Hislith. Along with protecting their kingdom, they have also been charged with hunting the werewolves, which stand against Wolf Queen Mav's pack. Leading them is none other than Lord Edorin Gwyn, the Champion of Hislith, and High Commander of the Hislithian army.

39954117315_b0f224ef07_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Lord Edwin Hill
- Lord Edorin Gwyn, Champion of Hislith
- Lady Eleanor Reinhart

39954117625_a933924f8f_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Adam Montierre
- Sir Valdin Khent
- Sir Richard Aliarne  

39954117235_340bcf2ecd_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Halienne Maxos
- Sir William Nox
- Sir Lyle Morne
- Sir James Andrews

39954117505_3f25aaa469_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Christopher Reinhart
- Sir Paul Leonne
- Sir Michael Bentsworth
- Sir Charles Maxwell
- Sir Alexander Alonn          

39954117205_864afef94c_z.jpg

From left to right:

- Sir Cedric Ayedin

- Sir Marcus Phillip

- Sir Jonathan Quincy

39954117445_4c3eac3b0b_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Alfred Faraquad
- Sir Hyle Bell
- Sir Nicholas Cale

39954117185_a536dc582c_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Edmund Artorias
- Sir Doran Allios
- Sir Terrence Mooreland
- Sir Gregory Fallod 

39954117405_a81b1b534e_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Dalton Amiliar
- Sir Vance Jalioppe
- Sir Caleb Oxford
- Sir Thomas Flynn

39954117165_feac658450_z.jpg

From left to right:
- Sir Corvan Alt
- Sir Lyle Markin
- Sir Jacob Osten

Finally finished these guys! After finishing many other projects, I actually decided to get their remaining pieces and finish the entire lot!

Hope you enjoy!

:classic:

53 minutes ago, Wardancer said:

If you don't shy away from customization the gentlemen might enjoy some of my latest additions:

It's really a shame that it's not purist because they look fantastic!