Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Kirk

The Captain's Tricorner (First Pirate Moc)

Hi all,

This is a rebuild of my one and only Pirate Moc... it's called "The Captains Tricorner (or The Theft)"

It's part of a triple MOC... The Theft, The Joy and The Law. In these 3 moc you see what happened with the pirate that stealed the tricorner.

The story:

Under the pirates it's a sport to steal the tricorner of the Imperial Commanders. If a pirate get one, it's like a trofee. The pirate can brag with it until someone else comes home with a new one. Until that day... he's the king and can drink for free... all day long.

What do you think... C&C is welcome !?.

Picture:

the_theft044.jpg

Gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=349167

Gallery (the first build):

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=313540

Grtz,

Kurt (B)

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Captain Kirk, this is an awesome MOC!

But first of all isn't a "Tricorder" some technology which originated from Star Trek? (being Captain Kirk you should know :pir-grin: )

Am in corrrect in assuming the title of this thread should be "The Captain's Tricorner" and that some mystical Star Trek influence has caused a typographical error?

Am in corrrect in assuming the title of this thread should be "The Captain's Tricorner" and that some mystical Star Trek influence has caused a typographical error?

I would say this is the case. But let us know ASAP mate, because this is frontpage quality! And we don't want to be frontpaging the incorrect name.

that's a nice building, I love it! it looks really better than the first time^^ I love how you made the crane holds the chest, the gallery isn't public yet, I'll try again later to see all the details then I'll edit this post^^

EDIT : I really like the 2 coloured roof, the "dock" with it crane is also really beautiful ! ^^

Edited by Guss

Dear Capt. Kirk,

thats looking like the facade of an impressive building!

Are you planning to extend it to a complete building with back wall and interior?

I really love how you did the roof! Good use of pieces and colors. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Captain Kirk, this is an awesome MOC!

But first of all isn't a "Tricorder" some technology which originated from Star Trek? (being Captain Kirk you should know :pir-grin: )

LOL LOL LOL

It's indeed "The Captain's Tricorner" and not Tricorder... my intergalactic keyboard was to fast for me.

I tryed to change the tittle but I was not possible... I only could change my txt.

Grtz,

kurt

I would say this is the case. But let us know ASAP mate, because this is frontpage quality! And we don't want to be frontpaging the incorrect name.

The Title is: The Captain's Tricorner (The Theft)

Honestly… I didn't expected to be frontpage news (= first moc).

THX to all for the very kind words... THX !!!

Dear Capt. Kirk, thats looking like the facade of an impressive building!

--> It's a Mediterranean/Carribbean Hacienda... or a part of it.

Are you planning to extend it to a complete building with back wall and interior?

--> That was not the original idea... maybe in the future. But I like to build a building with interior... I have already a idea... but not the bricks... 8)

I really love how you did the roof! Good use of pieces and colors. :thumbup: Kind regards, Teddy

-->Thx Teddy & all the other members... I like it that you love it... ;)

Thats one nice MOC! But isn't the pirate wearing a Tricorner?

That's correct... but it's all about the tricorner in his hand.

This is the tricorner with the blue plume of the Imperial Captain... the minifig in the left window... next to the girls.

Off Topic: Is it possible for me to enter the contest (Pillage the Village)... or is this only for members/...

Grtz,

Kurt (Belgium)

Edited by Capt. Kirk

It's indeed "The Captain's Tricorner" and not Tricorder... my intergalactic keyboard was to fast for me.

I tryed to change the tittle but I was not possible... I only could change my txt.

Only Moderators and Adminstrator can edit post titles so I've taken care of that for you. Interestingly enough I've never heard of those hats being called "Tricorners" it's always just been "Tricorn" but according to Wikipedia there is such thing as a Tricorner Knob!

Honestly… I didn't expected to be frontpage news (= first moc).

First MOC or not you've done very well! :thumbup: We want to help you get it out there so it can be seen as many people as possible.

Congrats, Capt. Kirk! A really nice creation :thumbup: .

Now where are your PTV entries :pir-grin:

Congrats, Capt. Kirk! A really nice creation :thumbup: .

-->THX Dieter... 8)

Now where are your PTV entries :pir-grin:

--> Gone build it on Sunday... Small, Medium or Large... I don't know... but I build one. See You Dieter (funny Avatar)

Is it possible for me to enter the contest (Pillage the Village)... or is this only for members/...

Sadly, it is only for members. :pir_bawling: However I do believe that you are a member right? So welcome aboard! :pir_laugh2: (And yes if you joined after PTV started you are still a member. =)

Thats one impressive MOC you have there. I loved how on each picture i spotted some detail i hadnt on another, such as the officers wife and child looking out of the next window, or the delicate roofing, or the tiles on the floor!

An excellent job, keep it up :classic:

Sadly, it is only for members. :pir_bawling: However I do believe that you are a member right? So welcome aboard! :pir_laugh2: (And yes if you joined after PTV started you are still a member. =)

Thx Capt. Zulloo... it's all new for me. I have never taken part in lego contest... looking forward to be part of it.

Zorro3999 already have given me some text and explanation what is possible and what's not possible (THX Dieter).

I will try to take better pictures for your frontpage (at the moment they look a bit dark).

If you still want the moc on your frontpage offcourse... :pir-blush:

If not... :pir_bawling:

Grtz,

kurt (B)

I will try to take better pictures for your frontpage (at the moment they look a bit dark).

If you still want the moc on your frontpage offcourse... :pir-blush:

If not... :pir_bawling:

Nah, don't worry about it mate. We worked with what we had, and we are pleased with the results. So stay put and you might want to check the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage in the next couple of days... :pir-classic:

That picture is much better quality! I wasn't too pleased with the one we used for the frontpage because it was rather grainy, so if one of the laddies could replace it with this one we'll be much better presented.

Make that Matn's next assignment and I'll deal with the code to replace it.

EDIT: Why is it not on the frontpage?

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Because Phes replaced it with King Kahuka's throne. (I think because the monthly schedual says so)

It will be back later this night.