Lasse D

Review: 4999 Vestas Power Plant promo set

This is such a cool set, and I\'m glad I finally found a review on it! Many thanks to the reviewer for displaying the set in detail! I accidentally discovered this set one day when looking at parts inventories on peeron.com, and I couldn\'t believe how awesome it was! Then to discover what a limited release it was (and still is right?)... what a disappointment. But thanks to this review thread and another thread on this set I realized that besides the green rock pieces and the three white technic plates at the end of the blades, the rest of the parts are pretty common. I\'m going to have to gather the parts myself... yes I\'m another 4999-obsessed Lego fan...

I am one of the many who love to have this set, so I am building it myself. I allready have sortoff half of all the parts I need.

If you are building it yourself get the Power Functions Set, you will get all the PF components (only the long wires) plus a few off the cogs. (including the white one with clutch)

Dr. Brick

Thanks for that tip! If I get the 8293 Power Functions set, all that'll be left is the 50cm extension cables as far as the power functions go...

Edited by domboy

Not to revive an old thread but ... has this set ever been released to the general public?

Edited by DrJB

It's a shame, considering the set that was for the general public, but no. This set remain an extreme example of exclusive, available (rarely), on the premium side of the secondary market :classic:

I ended up finding a new and sealed one of these within an hours drive of my house! A Vestas employee who doesn't collect lego decided to sell it to clear a bit of room in his shed. (Yes you heard me, his shed!) I was suprised when i made the trek to discover it was in pristine condition so i snapped it up. His mate who worked on the same local project and lives in the same area also has one which he opened is also looking to sell so i'm in the process of grabbing his as well. Given i'm halfway through bricklinking one looks like i'll go from having none to 3 in a short space of time! :)

...looks like i'll go from having none to 3 in a short space of time!

That is an incredible lucky find! I'd love to have another, but they are way over the $280 I originally paid years ago. I just can't bring myself to spend that much (or more) on a single set again. I'll just have to settle increasing the height of my 7747's :classic: