Sign in to follow this  
Righteous Squid

Welcome to My Gotham

theaterindex.gif

Here is a taster of some of my Batman MOCs and MODs. More pictures and MODs/MOCs to follow:

The Batbike - modelled on the Agents bike but smaller:

batbike1.jpg

The Batboat - The Batboat is based on my own concept but with a couple of features kept from the original like the detachable jetski. Also MODed Killer Crocs boat:

batboat1.jpg

The Batwing - A Smaller Batwing easier for my son to play with. Designed with an eye to the Batwing in Tim Burtons movie:

batwing1.jpg

A Police HoverJet type thing:

gothampolice1.jpg

The Joker's Mobile Disco Shack - My own design:

jokertruck1.jpg

My design philosophy is to create sets that are fun for my son to play with. (And maybe me too)

Also to come: The Batmobile, Batquad, Mr Freeze's Lab, Snow Machine and Tricycle, Killer Croc's Tow Truck and Swamp Hut, and a Firetruck, though not the Kind that would be used by Gotham Fire Department.

Hope you Enjoy

Very nice and interesting, with a special comic-like (or... Burtonesque..?) feeling to it indeed. :thumbup:

I especially like the Joker disco truck. Can minifigs fit inside?

Thanks, and yes it fits minifigures.

Joker's henchman can drive and there is room for accessories and Joker in the back.

It also has a few other features.

I will post more pics but its not first on the list.

More of the Batbike soon:

Introducing the Batbike:

The bike. (the exhaust has been changed from other pics so they wouldn't fall off when my son plays with it)

batbike1.jpg

batbike2.jpg

Bike with Batman:

batbike3.jpg

batbike4.jpg

batbike5.jpg

batbike6.jpg

Bats races through Living Room Floor Square, Gotham, on his way to deal with a couple of pyromaniacs:

batbike7.jpg

batbike8.jpg

batbike9.jpg

Coming up next, Batbike versus the Incinerator.

I realy like the BatBike, You took a crappy agents bike and made it something really good :classic::thumbup:

And the BatBoat looks cool too :sweet:

HB Stalker away! :devil:

I like your customs--and your design philosophy. I have a 4 and a 6 six year old son, and they both love playing with the Batman LEGO sets, but with something like the Batwing, they really can't unless they're VERRRRY CAREFUL. And that takes some of the fun out of it. So building something that still looks cool, has play value, but is a little more durable makes a lot of sense. Some great sets--can't wait to see the Mr. Freeze stuff. He's our current favorite. :) Great stuff!

Very good, you may want to just use red or yellow trans, insted of both. Maybe you could add some bat wings on the sides?

Very good, you may want to just use red or yellow trans, insted of both. Maybe you could add some bat wings on the sides?

I thought about using Batwings when I was first trying to work out how I could do a decent BatBike, but when I got the Agents set most of my lego was in a different country so I had to use what was available at the time. However I have now taken the opportunity to try a couple of variations using batwings.

Is this the kind of thing you were thinking of?

batcycle6.jpg

Or this?

batcycle5.jpg

I think the smaller bat or dragon wings are better but sadly I only have them in trans red. Try and imagine it in black:

batcycle3.jpg

batcycle4.jpg

I also changed the colour digitally to try a more Batman friendly colour scheme:

batcycle1.jpg

As for using Trans red and trans yellow. The red are the rear lights of the Batbike and I prefer the machine guns/rocket launchers/cannons or whatever they are in yellow. There's got to be a little yellow somewhere to keep the Batman colour scheme consistent across the whole range of BatVeichles. :wink:

Nice job on the batbike - the transblue should be reserved for Nightwing, though. You wouldn't happen to have that fig? Cause he's the more...compact vehicle user. Same with Robin. Batman-well, look at the tumbler, big and menacing. Just like Ra's al-Ghul said "Use theatricality as your weapon." Or something like that. Don't take me wrong, I love the bike. good work.

Nice job on the batbike - the transblue should be reserved for Nightwing, though. You wouldn't happen to have that fig? Cause he's the more...compact vehicle user. Same with Robin. Batman-well, look at the tumbler, big and menacing. Just like Ra's al-Ghul said "Use theatricality as your weapon." Or something like that. Don't take me wrong, I love the bike. good work.

You're quite right the transblue would be perfect for Nightwing. Unfortunately that colour in the photo is just computor generated. I don't even know if this piece is available in trans blue. I did buy a second Agents bike set though with a view to making a bike for Nightwing or Robin. Sadly though I don't have the Nightwing figure nor do I have the right selection of red, green and yellow pieces right now to make one for Robin. Maybe sometime. :cry_sad:

As for the Tumbler. Don't get me started on that. :sick:

Maybe its becasue I'm just from a different Batman era. Late eighthies-early nineties comics and the Burton films. Batman does have a bike though in The Batman cartoon which my son is enjoying at the minute. He also has a mech suit (Batman that is, not my son). I guess I'll have to come up with a Lego one too.

Cheers!

Awesome! Love the bike. I would like to see the disco shack indeed. :thumbup:

Maybe its becasue I'm just from a different Batman era. Late eighthies-early nineties comics and the Burton films. Batman does have a bike though in The Batman cartoon which my son is enjoying at the minute. He also has a mech suit (Batman that is, not my son). I guess I'll have to come up with a Lego one too.

Very nice indeed! I think the little dragon wings in black would be perfect. They never made them in trans-blue, but I believe there were opaque red ones if that would be suitable for Robin's?

If memory serves, don't Batman and Robin use identical bat-cycles in the animated series? (Not that that should stop you from making them different if you want to of course!)

I like the Batbike the best although would a black slope look better than a trans-grey?

Awesome job,

-Lloyd

incinerator.jpg

The Professor was feeling pleased with himself as he drove home from work through Gotham. He was nearing a breakthrough in his research on developing better and cheaper fireproof materials. Suddenly he found himself engulfed in jets of flame.

sl735474.jpg

He had been warned that his research might make a target. He was under attack from the Fire twins, 'Flash' and 'Wild', and their dreaded Incinerator.

sl735475.jpg

Too late the professor wished he had checked his cheap wig for fire regulation compliance.

sl735476.jpg

Lukily for the professor all was not lost. The Batman had seen the smoke and was rushing to the scene in his trusty Batbike.

sl735477.jpg

Batman dodged the jets of flame to get close to the Incinerator.

sl735478.jpg

He leapt from the Batbike onto the back of the Fire twin's truck.

sl735479.jpg

And with one swift punch he took out Flash.

sl735482.jpg

As a well aimed Batarang found the truck's weakspot Batman leapt back onto his Batbike.

sl735483.jpg

The Disabled Incinerator was going nowhere and even now the police raced to the scene.

sl735484.jpg

As Batman was leaving he heard a buzzing sound, like an insect approaching at great speed. Suddenly flames spewed out of the sky narrowly missing Batman. Batman swung his Batbike around to give chase, but he was too late. His assailant had disappeared from sight. This fight wasn't over yet.

sl735486.jpg

This week I have been busy building as I obtained a bucket full of old lego. I have now added a boat for Mr Freeze, the first module of my batcave and a BATtle Mech to to my Gotham collection. Having watched the cartoon with firefly with my son I also decided to make my own version and have the Fire twins as his henchmen. Coming up next, The Firefly, the Batcave and the BATtle Mech.

I also made my own version of the Ventriloquist and Scarface while working on the Batcave. Here are yellow and fleshie versions (obviously limited by piece availability):

ventriloquist003.jpg

ventriloquist002.jpg

Let me know what you think :classic:

Sweet story...darn cheap wigs! :tongue:

I like the Ventriloquist--especially using Dr. Henry Jones for Wesker. I may have to steal that idea. Can't wait to see your Firefly.

I like the Batbike the best although would a black slope look better than a trans-grey?

Awesome job,

-Lloyd

Thanks. Here is the bike with the black slope. Unfortunately it has had to go back to the Batwing until I obtain another. :hmpf_bad:

batbikeblack.jpg

Great stuff Righteous Squid, I love your Batbike. It looks very sturdy and strong without going into Tumbler territory, which is great, because I think the Tumbler is overrated. Love your yellow car and Inferno battle too, that had me laughing, brilliant work on modifying that recycle truck.

Your Ventriloquist is also very cool, I might try something similar if you don't mind.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I like the Ventriloquist--especially using Dr. Henry Jones for Wesker. I may have to steal that idea.
Your Ventriloquist is also very cool, I might try something similar if you don't mind.

No problem guys, its not stealing, its sharing and borrowing. Thats why we post isn't it, so go ahead. I loved Dr. Henry Jones suit for the ventriloquist but not so much his head. Its one of Lego's best character likenesses and I just can't get past it being Dr. Henry Jones. Also I don't really have a suitable fleshie face for Scarface but I really like the Breakjaw one (although as my son pointed out there is no scar). I guess if Lego don't continue the Batman line and release their own version I may have to start some more serious customistation. If you have other any suggestions for other suitable heads feel free to share.

Love your yellow car and Inferno battle too, that had me laughing, brilliant work on modifying that recycle truck.

It had to be done. My son was given the recycling truck and the truck and speedboat coastguard set by friends for his birthday. They were much to tame for him to bother much with so I was free to be a little bit more 'creative', (or should I say 'destructive'?). :tongue:

Batman had driven through Gotham trying to find the anonymous Airbourne Arsonist again, but failing to catch sight of him he returned to the Batcave.

batcave1.jpg

He sat down at the Batcoms station to see if he could find any trace of the flaming flying firestarter. Suddenly the perimeter alarm was activated. Someone had found the Batcave, someone moving too fast for the cameras to track. While he had been searching for the blasted burning badguy he had been tailing him.

batcave3.jpg

The infernal inferno-monger searched the Batcave for his noctural nemesis. He wasn't in the biochemical lab, though there were lots of lovely inflammable chemical conncoctions. He held himself back. Once he had blasted the bateared batfreak to cinders then he could enjoy himself.

batcave4.jpg

The Batman wasn't in the Armoury either. How a couple of overenthusiastic actors had found there way there was anybodys guess. Not yet. After the Batman ...

batcave5.jpg

The Batman wasn't in the bikebay, but his bike was still warm and the tank filled with lovely gasoline... No, no, must keep focused. The Batman must become a fireball, then there was time to play ...

batcave6.jpg

Ah, the explosives and fuel store ... lovely missiles, gas canisters ... No, no, no, oh YES!

batcave8.jpg

It was too much for the flamehungry Firefly. Surely his appetite was big enough for just one snack before the main course...

batcave7.jpg

Just as his finger squeezed on the trigger he felt a gentle tap on the shoulder...

batcave9.jpg

Thats all I have time for tonight. More Tomorrow.

I'm rather curious about the size of that Bat-bot.

Also, I like your rendition of the Batcave. Looks much better than Legos in my opinion, with the various levels and rooms.

Finally, do you have anymore pictures of your Bat-boat?