Sign in to follow this  
Joebot

Unlikely Society -- Chapter 15!

Chap15CoverA.jpg

Yes, it's finally here -- the next chapter in my increasingly sporadic "monthly" superhero comic. My apologies for the delay on this one. I don't really even have a good excuse, like I was abducted by aliens, or I was mauled by wolves, or anything cool like that.

On the bright side, I'm test-driving a new application for adding the word balloons, and it freakin' ROCKS. It drastically cuts down on the time it takes me to do the lettering. This application is my new best friend.

So, please check it out, and let me know what you think!

-Joebot

A very good new chapter indeed, an intriguing story and wonderful photographed too. Very cool! :thumbup:

I'm a huge fa of your work! I hope that you keep it up, and keep trying to get along making them QUICKLY!

Joebot, I must apologise that I had not viewed your comics before. In fact, after reading this chapter make me want to look back for more of your past creations. It's interesting and very nice to read. The pictures are capitivating. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us. :wub:

Nice episode. I like the new plot twist.

Also, what new program are you using?

It's called Comic Life by Plasq. I highly recommend it for anyone making Lego comics. I'm still on my free 30-day demo, but when that expires, I'm definitely going to be purchasing the program. I'm using the Mac version, but they do have a Windows version too for all you poor saps still using Windows.

I'm a huge fa of your work! I hope that you keep it up, and keep trying to get along making them QUICKLY!

Thanks! Yeah, I know, I need to get back to the close-to-monthly schedule. Unfortunately November isn't a great month. Every year I participate in the National Novel Writing Month program, which means I'm supposed to be writing 50,000 words of a novel throughout the month. That doesn't leave a lot of time for Lego comic-making. But, we'll see how it goes ...

Joebot, I must apologise that I had not viewed your comics before. In fact, after reading this chapter make me want to look back for more of your past creations. It's interesting and very nice to read. The pictures are capitivating. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us.

No need to apologize! I'm just glad you enjoyed it.

Great addition Joebot! It's good to see you back at the camera. I like your camera angles a lot and am learning from how you integrate the text. I think I need to reconsider my font size and word balloon shape. It's good to know someone else who does this stuff to compare work with and challenge myself at ways of improving. You have a great knack for laying out a story. I can't wait to see how this one concludes. I love getting more of Holy Frijoles's back story. It's like when you watch an episode of the Simpsons and it revolves around your favorite secondary character-an extra treat!

Great addition Joebot! It's good to see you back at the camera. I like your camera angles a lot and am learning from how you integrate the text. I think I need to reconsider my font size and word balloon shape. It's good to know someone else who does this stuff to compare work with and challenge myself at ways of improving. You have a great knack for laying out a story. I can't wait to see how this one concludes. I love getting more of Holy Frijoles's back story. It's like when you watch an episode of the Simpsons and it revolves around your favorite secondary character-an extra treat!

Taking pictures is probably my LEAST favorite part of the whole comic process! I think I've gotten better at it over the years, but it's always a bit of a chore.

Laying out the panels is fun though. I like that part a lot. As I'm reading comics, I find myself studying the panel layouts to see how they accomplish certain things. One of the best artists for that is Mark Bagley (Ultimate Spider Man, and now DC's Trinity). He does some really interesting things. He can do a complex, two-page spread with 15 different panels, and yet he somehow guides your eye unerringly across the page in exactly the right direction so you never get confused. He's awesome.

I like the font that you use, Hinckley! It fits well with the whimsical, silly world that you've created. I could see using a smaller font size maybe, so you can cram more text into a panel.

The Holy Frijoles backstory was a bit of a surprise for me when I wrote it. It just sort of happened, and I went with it. I have NO IDEA where it's going in the future, but hey, that's what makes writing fun.

I think we should create some sort of "Lego Comic-maker" blog with tips, techniques, and so forth.

WOW! This was my first one I ever saw (forgive me, but we all have to start somewhere) and I was up late into the early hours of the morning reading, then re-reading them. Issue 2 was a shock, I thought they would go on to be the 'superiors', but why did you kill of the orgional unkilely society, though these are alot more origonal and funny. Your avatar finally makes sence. Thank for making 'em!

Very good JoeBot! I really like them and I can only encourage you to continue this way. My brother also uses Comic Life , although I do not know what version (and it's Windows too).