Brickset

Peeron

Bricklink

Brickshelf

The Review

The Box

Front

017.jpg

This detailed illustration shows the walker moving into a lush, green forest, with plenty of flashy laser blasts and an explosion. This seems to have become the standard for most star wars sets.

Back

018.jpg

This shows the functions of the set, the awesome line of kashyyyk lego that was released in 2005, and a couple of alternate models that can be built with the elements of the set. Sadly, these seem to be missing from most sets nowadays.

Instructions

Front

019.jpg

This is the same as the front of the box. The instructions are idiot-proof (its such a simple set).

Back

020.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you can tell the age of this set by looking at the advertisement for this "new" game.

The Minifigure

021.jpg

The solitary minifigure in this set is a good one. With special dark red markings on his helmet and torso, this is the only set this great fig has ever appeared in. it was never really specified as to what sort of clone it is, however I think it may have been based on Commander Neyo. At any rate, this is a great fig with great details. I would have liked to see one more clone to fight alongside the walker, but I guess it is a small set and that would have driven up the price.

Accessories/Weapons

022.jpg

The only weapon included was a blaster for the clone. Of course, it being an older set, it is an old style "megaphone" blaster. I'll probably just buy a whole bunch of new blasters off of bricklink to replace all of my old ones.

The Walker

023.jpg

Ths is definitely one of the best vehicles in SW. It is mostly gray, but with green, dark red, and tan highlights here and there. It is fairly sturdy however it isn't quite as steady on its feet as I would have liked. Still, the designers managed to make it movie-accurate with a minimal amount of pieces.

The Seat

024.jpg

This is the simple area where the pilot sits. Its basically just a plate for him to sit on, and some handlebars. I think, however, that in the movie it was more of a saddle that the pilot sat on. This may seem like a minor mistake but it is my biggest quibble about the set from a design point of view.

Shield

025.jpg

This is a very nice printed piece that is the only thing protecting the pilot. Without it, he would probably be pretty vulnerable to sniper fire. The entire sheild/blaster mechanism rotates.

The legs

026.jpg

These are simple but effective. They are basically just "clicky hinges" with a few parts attached at the sides. The only complaint I have about them is that, because of them, the walker seems to fall over more than I would have liked.

Armament

027.jpg

These give the walker a slightly intimidating appearance. They can rotate but can basically only point at the ground.

Front View

028.jpg

This basically just shows the nice armor plating at the front and one of the blasters. If you were a droid, its possible this could be the last image you ever see. :tongue:

Back View

029.jpg

Here you see the hinges of the legs, a communications antenna, and the blaster in its holder. This is probably the angle from which the walker looks worst at.

Entire Set

030.jpg

Overall

Design: 8/10 The only thing wrong with it is the seat and the sturdiness of the legs.

Playability: 9/10 This set is small enough to be played with and some cool battle scenes can be made with it.

Minifigure: 8/10 the one included is good, but I think there should have been one more.

Ease of Build 10/10 This little beauty goes together in minutes.

Price: 9/10 The ebay and bricklink prices of this are actually not that bad.

Conclusion

I got this set for 15 dollars canadian about two years after it came out on ebay. It was new in box and totally undamaged. I thought this was a steal because it was clearly a great set. Had I not been in my "dark ages" when this originally came out, I probably would have bought at least five. This is one of the most-owned sets on Brickset, and there is a reason for it: its cheap, well-designed, and comes with a great figure. If you can get as good a deal as I got, I highly recommend you pick this up.

Thank you for reading my 6th review! Comments, questions, and constructive critisism is welcome.

Could someone please add a poll?

Great set and great review!

I love these Walkers, great to build an army: 1 AT-AT, 20 or more infantry-clones, some speeders and some of these, led by a commander...my dream army.

7250 was an excellent parts set for its time. Not only did you get a good amount of those joint pieces, but an exclusive clone as well to boot!

Edited by Rayman

Great review millacol88 :thumbup: . This set is great and you really know how to capture the feeling of greatness of it :tongue: . Looking at this set I wish the TLC return to release small ships and "real" ones and not to release inexpensive sets just like battlepacks.

Thank you for that great and very informative review! :classic:

That´s really a fine and detailed craft, and a very interesting MF indeed!

Thanks for all your comments. If anyone knows the price in EUR or GBP, it would be greatly appreciated. I also think its interesting to note that this is the second time in as many weeks that me and someone else have reviewed the same fairly old set in the span of a day. :tongue:

don't worry, even if it is two years later.

your review brings this great set back in mind :wink:

Nice reveiw.

I simply adored this set sadly mine is kinda missing peices now. This review has got me looking for the peices and I found them :grin:!

It is a great minifig included in this set (although not terribly movie accurate :tongue: ) Terrific Review! :thumbup:

EDIT: Oh and by the way I have three of these beauties. The last two in TRU and luckily another from Dewsbury second hand market in a massive bag costing

Edited by Razzer

A fine review.

I'll add it to the index.

This is one of my favourite smaller Star Wars sets.

Cool fig and great parts

I never picked this set up and now wish I did. There are parts in there I like and could always use another clone.

Good review.

I used to have this set but not anymore(traded it for Jango Fett)

I remember buying this one at a garage sale for 50 cents(good times)

I used to have this set but not anymore(traded it for Jango Fett)

I remember buying this one at a garage sale for 50 cents(good times)

A good swap, getting another scout walker will be cheaper than buying Jango, he costs an arm and a leg!

Hey, I know this topic is old, but i tried building the alternate model if anyone is interested.

13721722083_bb5e6f244d.jpg

13721692995_ebac45e6b7.jpg

13722076354_60329fe70a.jpg

13721691515_4e969b2f54.jpg

13722077704_3fedc1cdd4.jpg