Name: Speeder Bikes

Theme: Star Wars

Year: 1999

Pieces: 90

Minifigs: 2 Scouts, Luke Skywalker

Price: $10 USD

Peeron

Brickshelf Pictures

This is my second review on lego set 7128, Speeder Bikes. This set set came with some great minifigs and speeder bikes, all in one, I can't believe my eyes. Hope you like it!

Directions

box_cover.jpg

I like the picture on the directions because the back round is in the forest scene and shows the speeders in hot pursuit. It also makes the set stand out more.

Random Page

random_page.jpg

I just opened the direction booklet and this is what I got. It is showing the beginning part of making the speeder. Seems really simple, well it is.

View of speeders and luke

attack.jpg

In this picture, you see the entire set, with Luke and the scouts on their speeders preparing for battle.

Front View of speeder

front.jpg

You can see the front view of the speeder and how it would look if the speeder was going towards you.

Side view of speeder

side_view.jpg

Here, you can see the basic outline for the speeder. In the bottom, towards the back, there are skies used to slide across the ground. In the front on the bottom, there is a kick stand.

Back View

back.jpg

In the middle, you see a gray backpack and the handle bars to control the speeder.

Birds eye view

birds_eye_view.jpg

This is would it would look like if you were a ewok in a glider in the sky. Again, you see the speeder is brown and you see most of the parts that make up the speeder.

Tree

tree.jpg

This tree looks like what other trees would look like brown with green leafs. There also is a green base plate to help stand up the tree. I like how Lego used plants as leafs for the trees.

Minifigs

minigfigs.jpg

Finally, we get to the minifigs. Here we have 2 scout troopers and a rare kind of Luke Skywalker. What is cool is about the Luke is that it only comes in the set and the scout troopers are hard to find.

Accessories

accessories.jpg

With this set, it comes with 1 light saber and 2 blasters.

Build: 8/10 (I thought is set was fun to build, but went by really fast. It took me about 3-5 minutes to put together.)

Playability: 9/10 (This set is really fun to play with because of the speeders and Luke.)

Design: 10/10 (Lego's design for the speeders was genius.)

Minifigs: 9.5/10 (2 Scout Troopers, Luke Skywalker. Great minifigs for this set and I liked the scouts a lot!)

Price: 10/10 (Great price for amazing set!)

Overall score: 9.3/10 (I thought this was a great set to play with, price was right and the minifigs was just amazing and this is a must-have set for any Star Wars Lego Collector and it is a great addition to any ones army.)

Well thats it for my second review, hoped you enjoyed it.

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

My MOC Page

Thanks for the review, LegoKing. This must have been one of the first Star Wars sets, I don't even remember it! And a spectacular set at that: two sweet speeders and a cool tree (with a rare leaf piece), plus three cool figs (I especially like Luke's torso), and a chrome lightsaber hilt to boot. I would definitely consider getting this if I saw it in a store like Woolworths (which don't exist in the U.S anymore).

Yup, great work, LegoKing! Of course I already saw it in the Academy, but with the improvements you've made it really looks good, so :thumbup: .

I like the set as much as the review: two speederbikes, 3 minifigs and a small brickset for a measly 10 USD...boy, why was this released in my dark ages :cry_happy: ?

Keep up the good work, LegoKing :wink:

You've reviewed two of my most wanted Star Wars sets. I am sad that I cannot obtain these without purchasing them for x2-x3 the MSRP.

Great reviews, btw.

Edited by dj2005

Thanks for the review. It makes me want to pick one up!

Good luck in doing that since this set has been discontinued for a few years now.

I've bought me 2 of these and it's a neat set.

Not much more than that.

A shame they didn't release those cool figs in other sets.

I've indexed the review - thanks for reviewing this set LegoKing

Great review LegoKing! This was my first ever Star Wars LEGO set and an outstanding one at that. Perfect balance of quality minifigs, vehicles and environment and at the time, a low price point. You just couldn't go wrong buying this... so I bought two! :laugh:

Nice review and you have also done me a great favour.

Having read this review, I remembered that I did have one of these sets when they first came out. No idea where though so a search of the house ensued (including the loft and the shed) but nothing. A quick trip to my dad's house and a search of his loft and there it was. Abandoned during my dark years and forgotten when I left home! No instructions or box and the tree is missing but I have both bikes, both troopers and Luke - including two chrome light sabers! Even more of a bonus was I also unearthed my 7130 Snowspeeder (Hoth trooper missing :sad: ) and my 7131 Podracer!! Made my day!

And all thanks to this review!! :classic:

Cheers

Rog

Great review :thumbup: ! It's great that you took pics of the speeder bike from all directions. This is one of my favourite OT sets because of the minifigs. Luckily my friend who doesn't collect LEGO any more still had this and gave it to me.

Nice review and you have also done me a great favour.

Having read this review, I remembered that I did have one of these sets when they first came out. No idea where though so a search of the house ensued (including the loft and the shed) but nothing. A quick trip to my dad's house and a search of his loft and there it was. Abandoned during my dark years and forgotten when I left home! No instructions or box and the tree is missing but I have both bikes, both troopers and Luke - including two chrome light sabers! Even more of a bonus was I also unearthed my 7130 Snowspeeder (Hoth trooper missing :sad: ) and my 7131 Podracer!! Made my day!

And all thanks to this review!! :classic:

Cheers

Rog

I am glad my review inspired you to go look for your speeder bikes and you have found it. But it is a shame that it is not complete.

This was my favourite version of the speederbike (right untill they designed the fantastic one in the new RGS). Because of the pose given to the biker (leaning forward to grab the handle), it has a really good fast and dynamic look. Which unfortunately disappeared in the later versions where the fig is standing upright...

Edited by yellost

This is a special set to me, as it was one of the last I got before I entered my dark ages.

That doesn't make it look very good! :tongue:

Overall an average set, the figs are great, so is the speeder bike, but the rest is just boring bits that feels like TLC was trying to make it cost more.

3/5

P.S. Good review! Are you trying to get the Reviewer's Academy thing?

Good luck in doing that since this set has been discontinued for a few years now.

I've bought me 2 of these and it's a neat set.

Not much more than that.

A shame they didn't release those cool figs in other sets.

Yeah, I meant as in picking it up on ebay. Yes, that's the reason I want it, those cool figs...

Ew... I forgot about this set!

My mom, for no apparent reason (???) got one and sent it to me.

In fact, this might have been the FIRST Lego Star Wars set I got and the first new Lego set to touch my hands since I was 5.

(Was WONDERING where the Biker Scout parts in my bins were from...)

Man, I hate those "leaves". Too fragile.

B+ for the set A* for the review. When it came out I would have given it top marks but nowadays I'd put my scout troopers on the speeder bike from the 7676 RGS.

Cheers for the review! :thumbup: