Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

The Black Meg by DARKspawn

indexed.gif 65b

01blackmeg.jpg

It's not often we see great MOC's like this with custom hulls. According to this Brickshelf gallery, she belongs to Captain Pete and his wife who go galavanging off attacking trade shipping and other small ships.

Enjoy!

Brickshelf

that's a really nice ship ! great find :thumbup: , the rear is awesome,the shape of the entire ship is soooo beautiful, the hull is really cool, the details he put inside are just WOW *huh* ! and the figure head is :wub:!

really really great ship!

That is one extroardinary creation. I like it!!

It seems Darkspawn is a member of EB.

Lets hope he sees this!

A truelly beautiful model. Everything is superbly detailed.

Thought it was an interesting approach using "upside-down" rigging, but one which worked brilliantly!

I love the little telescope for the pirate in the crows-nest too :pir-tongue:

Edited by Duck

Nice find Captain Zuloo, this is truly a masterpiece, the hull is well done although I ask myself why he did do this for such a small/mediumsized ship, didn't he have hullpieces or is it just to do something special?

That's a beautiful ship... :pir-oh:

The custom hull is magnificent and the details on the back are wonderful!

Thanks a lot for posting this Zuloo!

Captian Zuloo, this is a really good pirate ship. I really like the sails and how you cut them to fit your pirate ship.

You'll notice how the title of this thread reads "The Black Meg by DARKspawn", not Captain Zuloo... Zuloo just created the thread and has nothing to do with the creation of the Black Meg whatsoever.

Captian Zuloo, this is a really good pirate ship. I really like the sails and how you cut them to fit your pirate ship.

Well thanks - I'm flattered. I didn't build it though. I'm not quite that good with LEGO.

And Mister Phes, just because I shorten your name to "Phes" does not mean you can call me "Zuloo". Captain Zuloo to you! :jollyroger::pir_laugh2:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I have just invited Mr Darkspawn to join the discussion.

And Mister Phes, just because I shorten your name to "Phes" does not mean you can call me "Zuloo". Captain Zuloo to you! :jollyroger::pir_laugh2:

Go rinse your mouth, sailor Zuloo!

Wow, the hull is incredibly nice! It's definitely a challenge not to use those big hull pieces! I like the sleek look of the ship. And I like its colours. I think the whiteness of the sails goes well together with the other colours.

Go rinse your mouth, sailor Zuloo!

Oh it's on Tiber! I'm not the one obsesed with Kiwis am I?

I really like the chain in the water. It looks a heap better than just an anchor floating on top of the water!

G'day guys! I am really honoured by the reaction to my creation. This is the first pirate ship that I have built & I found it quite challenging. I don't own a lot of prefab hull pieces and actually try very hard to avoid using prefabs where ever possible (with the exception of structural support). The sails were cut from sheets of A4 paper but worked suprisingly well. I am usually a purist but I wanted a realistic look for my sails and the spacing of the masts were different from the classic LEGO pirate sets. This build was a major learning experience, not only just in building a priate ship but historically speaking as well. I am already planning bigger & better ships for future builds.

And we are indeed honoured to have your presence amongst us!

The technique you've employed to create the hull is rather impressive. Even though it lacks the curvature found in the prefabricated hulls the inflection of the stern and bow isn't overly obtuse thus enabling the technique to work effectively.

The Black Meg exemplifies using some ingenuity can allow builders to overcome limitations in their inventory which may otherwise prevent them from attempting to create certain types of MOCs. Highly inspirational! :thumbup:

Stop using such big words! :pir_laugh2:

I had no idea that you were a member here DARKspawn. I suppose I should have checked the member lists to see if you were a member here before I frontpaged your MOC. I really like your design, and I look foward greatly to your future ships.

Nice work Darkspawn, the hull worked out very well! :thumbup:

I do think that the stern is a little high, this might look nicer if it were a little lower, or hanging over the back a bit more.