The Middleman

Review: 4766 Harry Potter - Graveyard Duel

4766... coincidence? I think so.

Graveyard Duel

101_0115_r1.jpg

Beautiful.

The Figures

101_0138.jpg

I LOVE those two. Except the capes. Once I'm finished with my current project, I'll make some mods to them and build my own graveyard... hard to top this, though!

Risque. ;)

The death eater's head is double-sided...

Potter!

Costume design for this movie looks like it's going to be cool. I love the uniforms.

A new face for Wormtail... and a new hand. Spooky.

All your skellies. It doesn't tell you to use all the pieces, but they're included - isn't that nice of them?

The Graveyard

101_0116.jpg

The gate. Lovin' it.

The fence... a little flimsy, but hey, who cares?

The parrot gravestone. Pretty cool.

Opened.

The skull gravestone. Not as good as the parrot one.

Opened. Yes, the two skelly tiles do fit together nicely.

A shot of the back because I don't like it.

The rebirthing cauldron. Cool beans.

A wicked cart, yo.

And the coffin removed from it... That back piece folds down too, just didn't show it.

Black skelly limbs!

The frog grave. One of my favorites. Note - another black lance. A lot of the pieces recur throughout all the line, so by the end you have a few of a bunch of them, which is really cool. I think it saved LEGO money, too.

BOO! Can't see it here... the pieces used to attach the skelly to the lance are white battle droid arms. Nifty. Oh, and I also like the inclusion of normal red flowers again.

The tree. My least favorite piece of the set. It's flimsy. You may also note that the 1x3 33 degree inverse slopes are old brown.

The crypt. Wooooo. Cool stuff for the roof.

Yay! Trash can. I love that piece.

A view from the front.

Another.

And opened. It's a bit silly one for an opening mechanism, but I love how the flooring's put in. There are two partial skeletons in there. Can't really see em.

And my favorite grave. Tom Riddle's.

The back. Still lovin' those chains.

Flipped up to reveal snakes.

And once again...

The Final Verdict: 9.6/10

Figures: 10/10

Playability: 10/10

Build: 10/10

Pieces: 10/10

I just can't justify giving this a 10 for some reason. Maybe it's the gray cloaks. Maybe it's the flesh tones. Maybe it's the partial skeletons. Maybe it's the big skull piece for that grave. But NONE of those are worth taking a point off any of those categories.

Buy. This. Now.

Next: the Hungarian Horntail!

once again you have done it. very good review BloodyJay.

Im looking forward to get this set

I think i'm going to have to buy this, as well as a few of the other GoF sets. I usually don't buy HP, but these are too cool.

I have to admit that I'm not a big Harry Potter movie/story fan, but I really like HP Lego which just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for sharing the images Jay. I should be getting mine any day now. This will make a great Halloween set. This is what the movie monster/studio sets should have been like.

I'm also not a big Harry Potter fan, but there's every chance I'll be buying this. That black skeleton is just too cool! I love it when Lego takes a trip to the dark side. Fright Knights and Time Twisters in '97, the Studios 'horror' subtheme in 2002 and now this and the sinister black queen in the chess set. Great stuff!

This is only peripherally related to this topic, but I just wanted to say how darn cool the lego skeletons are. I love how, instead of looking like a "lego-ized" version of a real human skeleton, they actually look like the bone structure a minifig would have under his little plastic skin. So cool. :^D

Oh yes, and this set rocks.

Must have now cause, I need it.I want it even more now.When you open the crypt you said there were 2 partial skellies, and I saw 1, but just barely.I could tell though that it was the green & black skelly.Anyways nice review. ;)

There're two skellies under there, they just don't show up well.

Got this set and I'm lovin' it, except it only came with one white battle droid arm. Do'h.

Jay, how're you planning to modify Voldemort's torso? I'm trying to figure out a way myself, since these cloaks look like tattered ponchos.

This is the best among the HP IV sets. It's a complete scene of the graveyard duel.

The things that i like about this set are:

1. The small house

2. The gate and fence. It will form a closed rectangular space when it's folded up togehter.

3. Tom Riddle's grave.

I dislike:

1. The gray cloaks. They are too large for the minifigs.

2. Cedric is not included in this set. I wish to see more new minifig of other characters appearing in LEGO HP line.

Wow,

that looks really great.

I love HP and THIS might get my first set :-D (christmas coming soon *G*)

Aredhel

i like the cloaks :'( . i'm actually gonna get loads of hogwarts express from POA to makethe train bigger and

more cloaks for my death eaters

Got this set for Christmas.

I must say, it is truely awesome. No juniorisation in the whole set. Well, maybe that 4+ pirates skull piece. But I am very impressed. Great price for once. Tons of pieces-usable ones at that, once you get over the colour change. 4 great minifigures, Voldemort's face might be a bit too small though(well my Voldemort's face was).

Thanks for the review Bloody Jay, and thanks to Yoda for the other review. This is defintly one of the better HP sets that TLG has produced.

Nice review, BJ. If I had the money, I would get this set, but my money's being saved for EXO-FORCE, must have those mech's! I agree, the cloaks look weird, but when you look at all of the other great parts, those don't stand out at all. Cool!

Backpack, how may times are you going to double or triple post? For Pete's sake, use the edit button!

Grevious Its the admins/mods to say that ;) You are just here to relax and have fun okay? he he

Great review and YES this is THE HP SET to get. I bought two of these and they're awesome :oD :oD

KimT

Nice review, BJ. If I had the money, I would get this set, but my money's being saved for EXO-FORCE, must have those mech's! I agree, the cloaks look weird, but when you look at all of the other great parts, those don't stand out at all. Cool!

Backpack, how may times are you going to double or triple post? For Pete's sake, use the edit button!

I think this set is worth much more than the Exo-Froce junk, but that just my opinion ;) . If you can get this set, you must defenitley buy, it has a good price for the pieces you get.

RELAX! HAVE FUN! NOW!

Hehe, sorry. I'm kind of used to doing that on another site, so it carried over. :)

at first i only got this set for the :^D but now i like it all you forgot to mention *voldemort* face glows in the dark i give it a *y*

I haven't read HP Goblet of Fire yet, so could someone clue me in on why there is a black skeleton with a green skeleton torso and arms? I know that the Lego HP Dementors used these pieces, but uncertain why the second black skeleton does.

^^^

i suppose the black/green skellie represents the spirits of voldemort's murdered victims that rise up from the grave to assist harry potter during the battle.

this set owns! hopefully more GOF sets will be released in 2006.

i suppose the black/green skellie represents the spirits of voldemort's murdered victims that rise up from the grave to assist harry potter during the battle.

i.e. his parents

did u follow the movies? or books in that case..

Edite: Ohmgg 201st post :D I DONT SAY OMG BUT I LIKE THE SOUNDING OF OHMG