Sign in to follow this  
Darkest Hope

Star Wars or Castle?

Hey all, long time no see.

Anyways, lately I bought my first few of the new castle sets 5x Knight, 1x Good Wizard and 2x Mine Defender)

Unfortunately with my mind being easily changed, I watched Star Wars again and I kind of would like to build some Star Wars mocs. I don't have enough pieces to do both and would like to display them for a while. Minifigure wise I have an ok amount of figures, and I was planning to get both some castle and Star Wars after Christmas. So my problem is, what do I choose, Epic Fantasy castle or Sci-Fi brilliance Star Wars?

Thanks everyone if you can help

Sorry if this topics in the wrong area...

<DH>

Well I honestly don't know how much I can help here, but I can relate and maybe give you a few tips, I collect mainly Star Wars AND Castle, I know you said you don't have peices or money for both, but its really not that hard, you don't have to spend a lot to get both, I to display mine for a while, and actually I have a lot of space so I rarely dis assemble mine. However you can make the Star Wars mocs out of the star wars sents you have, and the Castle buildings out of the Castle sets you have, Bricklink is a powerful resource when ever you need sets for a certain MOC and eventually you will be able to accumilate enough bricks to not need to buy any more. If it was me, having to decide with one of the two, I guess I would say star wars, it has more room to grow, You can build bases, ships, whatever. Castle is somewhat more limited, but you get more of the Kingdom feel with it, so they each have they're perks, so good luck!

I feel the complete opposite of MK.

I think Castle is much better for MOCing. Practically everything from Star Wars of reasonable MOCing size has been done in an official set. I guess you could try to do a Star Wars styled MOC, but that doesn't appeal to me. Castle seems to have more possibility for creativity.

Steve

Epic Fantasy castle or Sci-Fi brilliance Star Wars?

I don't think 'brilliance' is a word I would describe anything Star Wars (non-Lego) put out in the past decade.

:tongue:

I myself prefer Castle over Star Wars, but I did buy a few of the new Storm Trooper Battle Packs. I prefer the Yellows to the Fleshies.

Did you consider both? You could display castle for a month, then starwars. Or you could go out like a good boy and buy lots of bricks so you can do both! :classic:

I would prefer the Castle theme, but then I must also say this is just MHO, everyone has to decide for himself!

We really can't just choose for you, everyone is different, it would be like asking: "What is better: bananas or apples?"

If we all say castle, and you follow us, you might end up feeling sorry you didn't choose Star Wars (or the other way around). If you can't choose, go with Captain Zuloo's "option".

I think this desicion is at the end what do you prefer spacecrafts or medieval battles but for my part I think maybe Star Wars :thumbup: . The Star Wars universe is very, very big and if you want to do a MOC of a particular ship or vehicle you always can visit wookiepedia.com :thumbup::tongue: . The Castle line from the other part has a lot of potential in the area of the scenes something that Star Wars have too, but for the last you need some more cash :classic: . So if you like more the Sci-Fi choose Star Wars but if the Medieval battle is what you like choose Castle :wink: .

Mhh maybe you can buy a little amount of the 2 themes, and then build funny mocs, like an orcish AT-AT ^^

I don't have enough money to buy enough of one theme let alone almost every theme. Then again my idea of getting "one" theme generally means getting at least one of every set. :tongue:

I'd say castle. Star Wars is neat, but seriously limits your creativity. You need to go by what other people have written to much. To me it feels cramped.

With castle you can have all sorts of things, like orcs in fleets of blimps battling each other with ice-cream catapults! Yum.

:knight: Pickerel

P.S. If you spell each other eachother the second option is psychotherapy in spell check. Weird! :wacko:

I was in the same situation, Darkest Hope. After buying a few Star Wars sets I just didn't feel that were all that great so I went with Castle and enjoy it very much.