Sign in to follow this  
Darth Lion

My "Rotta's Rescue"-vignette!

indexed.gif

Hey guys!

Here's my first MOC on eurobricks.

It names "Rotta's Rescue" and people who saw the new film "The Clone Wars" will remember this scene.

Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano find Rotta, the baby-hutt (Jabba's son) in a dungeon on Teth. While they are on their way to find a chance to escape, the brave clone troopers defend the front door with their lives...

vignetterottasrescue001af2.jpg

vignetterottasrescue003nq7.jpg

vignetterottasrescue005ho5.jpg

Hope you like it. :tongue:

MTFBWY

Lion

Edited by KimT
Indexed

Nice work.

A very good vignette.

Now I haven't seen the movie yet, but it still looks good to me :classic:

I'll say exactly what KimT said ^^

that's a very good vignette, but I haven't see the movie yet ^^

And if You were to deeplink the pics, then I'd gladly add it to the MOC Index.

If in doubt on how to, then look in my sig below and follow the link to the tutorials.

I haven't seen the movie either, but this looks really good. You've put a lot of detail into your first posted MOC. I could see this as an entry for a SW contest. :thumbup:

Yep that's the right way to do it.

Now go to your first post in this topic and press "edit", then deeplink two or three pics and we're set to have this beauty indexed.

Yep that's the right way to do it.

Now go to your first post in this topic and press "edit", then deeplink two or three pics and we're set to have this beauty indexed.

Yeah. It's done. :classic:

Thx for the help.

Thx! Yeah, I wanted to put much details in the vignette. I also put the tan bows over the dungeon to make it real. I'm sure I can train my skills by looking at these beautiful buildings in this forum. :classic:

Greetings

Lion

Ps:

@skinnyboy: Yes, I made this Vignette for a building contest at Imperium der Steine.

It's a german forum. I'm a moderator there.

Edited by Darth Lion

Super.

I'll index this later today.

Now I have to go shopping and do some daily chores :angry:

I can add myself to the people who haven't seen the movie, but the Rotta-minifig was so adorably cute that I just had to buy it! I got Anakin at the same time as well, but I'm still hunting Ahsoka, Obi Wan and Assajj Ventress minifigs.

Anyway, this vignette is quite nice! I just love how cute and miserable Rotta looks behind those bars! :wub:

By the way, have you guys noticed that you can put Rotta as a head for a minifig torso - and the result looks hilarious, as Rotta's hands suddenly become floppy ears! :grin:

Your vignette looks super! And the backgound you chose fits right in (box of a snake or somethign??)

Your vignette looks super! And the backgound you chose fits right in (box of a snake or somethign??)

If I had a snake, I probably would use its box as a background, yeah. :laugh:

But no - I used my decorative skills to make a background on a little table in our kitchen.^^ (sand fresh form the sea^^)

@sandy: Yeah! This minifigures are very sweet and a must-have in my collection. But I didn't buy them apart. I bought the complete sets "AT-TE Walker" and "Republic Attack Gunship". But not only because of the figs. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to buy the old AT-TE/Gunship so I had to buy the new ones. Thx for the tip. lol

I just tried not to laugh when I saw Rotta on the body of Anakin. :grin:

Gruß

Lion

Ps: Ahsoka is really impressive. Her headpart is wonderful and the face so .... orange.^^

Perhaps you could resize some of the pics in the 1st post?

The first one is good, being 600x800, but the rest are a little too large.

Perhaps you could resize some of the pics in the 1st post?

The first one is good, being 600x800, but the rest are a little too large.

Okay. Hope, they have the right size now.

vignetterottasrescue003nq7.jpg

vignetterottasrescue005ho5.jpg

Greetings

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

Very nice first Moc.

One of My favs from the film.

How did you get that super cool backpack?

Clone Wars better than 1 and II!!!!

Thx.

The backpack was my idea. It wasn't easy because sometimes the backpack looks to thick. I made it as little as possible. You need this brick. Then you put this one onto it. (if possible in white)

Then you clip this guy on this brick and clip it on two of the four free places. You clip this guys on the last two places. At last, you need a 1x2 republic-sticker from anakin's jedi-starfighter and there it is...

If you have this one in new gray you can use it instead of this guy. Like you wish!

Greetings

Lion

Edited by Darth Lion

I like your MOC and how you included Anikin and his padwan. I really like your background. How you included the sand and white texture. Nice job!

Great!! :thumbup:

Much Details and A nice Background!! :thumbup:

I Think it is Really good!! :sweet:

Undersigned MoWo

100 posts!!! :devil:

Indexed.

I've moved the smaller pics to the first post, so that the pics correspond with the "rules" of the index.

Thanks again for sharing your work with us :thumbup:

Excellent vignette there Darth Lion! Nice compostion, really detailed and it's great to see someone incorporating lil' Rotta into their MOC!

As a suggestion, if you 'rotated' the lower section so that the door is on right and your greebled wall at the back it would mean you could pose your clonetrooper so you get a better view of him from the front rather than looking at his back. You'd have two sides open to view the lower floor and could build a bracket or archway along the edge opposite the door to support the upper floor. Like I said, just a suggestion, it's still quality MOC :wink:

I'm another who hasn't seen the movie yet but still really want to, reckon I'll catch it on DVD release. I have watched the first four episodes of the series though and really enjoyed them.