Sign in to follow this  
pe668

Colonic Canon Ball (Final)

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 32d

The Legend of Captain Blood Beard - Part I

3002451000_bf3f5379ff_o.jpg

Blood Beard was infamous for his cruel and unusual punishments. Trade ships that he commandeered would often have a number of surviving captives which he took great delight in torturing. His signature torture method was appropriately named "The Colonic Canon Ball" or CCB. The procedure involved stocking a canon with a regular issue of gunpowder but with a reduced sized ball. The victim would be loaded head first into the canon, which when fired, would result in the shot entering through the top of the head and exiting out the butt.

Edited by SlyOwl

ahahah excellent ^^ I love it ! that's cruel, funny and very well done!

Brilliant, great detail, and loads of humour without excessive trans red.

My favourite entry so far, well done.

Edited by RichardAM

Ha! Ha! Ha! That is good! :pir_laugh2: I love the soldiers stuck in the cannon. However it'd be nice to have a story. I mean how did the poor guy get stuck in the cannon?

Edited by Ye Olde Pirate

That's the funniest entry I've seen until now!

I love the imperial soldier's head in the cannon while his legs flail about. :pir-grin: Your plants look great and I spy a little surprise under the planks... :pir-tongue: You captured the feel of the contest while still having a humorous entry which I always like.

Things you could improve:

Well, I really can't think of anything, except maybe to add a parrot somewhere for some wildlife.

This is a fantastic small entry and one of my favorites so far!

Nice work!

My opinion:

This is a very finished and good MOC. I like the fact that the soldier is stuck with his head into the cannon, that must be cruel...the pirates firing the cannon would die as well because the cannon would probably explode, but it is so cool I don't even want to comment on that fact :pir-devil: .

Minor improvements:

1) A little story would fin in nice here :pir-grin:. And so would a rat in the cage underneath the cannon.

2) Another pic (or two) perhaps? from a different angle, let's say from the front, to see more of the soldiers suffering :pir-skull: ? But do keep this one as your first one, I think it would be hard to improve it...

3) THERE IS NO THREE (yet) This is such a good MOC, and I can't comment on anything that looks so good already...

PS: although I am not a staff member, I can say you for sure that this amount of overlay is allowed. (How do I know? I asked a staff member how far we could go with this some time ago :pir-wink: .)

Please keep building entries/MOCs like this :thumbup: .

Edited by zorro3999

This is one of the best small entries I've seen so far, and since it's a WIP, I hope that these suggestions will prove helpful:

1. This is a very good scene, but what does it lack? An animal! Don't put in anything too large, just a parrot or rat, nothing like a shark of monkey.

2. It would look better and solve your overhang problems if the soldier coming out of the cannon were to have only his flailing legs showing.

3. A couple more pictures would be welcome. :classic:

4. Move the captain's hat so that the center of the skull is alligned with the center of his face and beard.

Other than that......... I'm speechless. :grin: This really is a great MOC.

Adam,

I think only the legs probably wouldn't fit in the cannon, as they are quite a bit wider than the minifig head.

Opinion

I like how you created your MOC, cruel and very evil. The postioning of the cannon ontop of a chamber with a dead skeleton is very good. How did that skeleton get there in the first place? I like how you put he blue armada soldier's head in the cannon, while the pirate is about to light the cannon and the armada soldier's head will blow up soon. You added some plants, which is good. Good choice of pirate minifigs. I really like the one with the really long beard.

Possible Improvements

1) If your trying to create a beach scene, add some yellow tiles next to the plants.

2) I think you could add some blood by the skeleton.

3) You also could add a rainbow parrot to your MOC just to have some color in it.

Non-Brick Related

1) You could add a story to you MOC and describe what is going on in your picture.

2) You could take some more pictures of your MOC. It is always better to have more than one picture.

Overall- This is a great MOC. I like how you made the scene by the beach. There are a couple minor improvements to make your MOC better. Other than that, your MOC is great! I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Haha, hilarious entry, pe668! :pir_laugh2:

What I like:

The abundance of foliage is excellent, especially the big tree parts in the back that offer a good backdrop. I also very much like the addition of the cage with the skeleton inside, very innovative. I also like the cannon on wooden wheels, not to mention the poor soldier stuck inside! :pir_laugh2: I also like the fact that this entry is color coordinated very well, and the torch that you used is a good substitute for the real piece.

What could be improved:

The pirate with the torch, however, is not so color coordinated. The red legs and hands don't go with the whole MOC, and why are the hands red? Also, a little nitpick would be the hat that the imperial is holding on to. I think that he would have long since dropped it; I would be more worried about not getting my brains blown out! But nothing to change about that. :pir-classic:

Overall, very funny entry, and a great way to show the cruelty of pirates. Good luck!

The pirate with the torch, however, is not so color coordinated. The red legs and hands don't go with the whole MOC, and why are the hands red?

I see no problem with red trousers, but the red hands I agree have to go - I think they are supposed to be covered in blood, but they are firing the bloke out of a cannon - not stabbing him to death!

Hahaha! That is so violent! But I suppose its to be expected with Pirates! :devil:

Wow thanks for all the help people, I'm quite new to pirate theme and Classic-pirates.com is tops in my books.

This is such a great forum; I have posted MOC's at other sites and not received a single reply.

The hands are funny as I do not have many pirates and all but one have red hands and legs. I'm quite sure I bought them that way but I couldn't find the exact set reference anywhere. Oh well, I agree that without a sword fight they need changing.

I don't have many suitable animals and I was deliberate in not using any blood, the horror is implied only.

One of my favourite touches was the officer's hat, even with his pending demise he is oblivious and clings to it.

The irony being that without a head it is hardly worth keeping.

I'll do what I can to complete it with my limited bricks and take some more photo's soon.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Edited by pe668

So the amount of overhang is acceptable then? I tried the cannon + victim within the confines of the base and it did fit, but just didn’t have the same visual impact, this looks so much better.

Edited by pe668

I like the improvments you did, now, it seems that's a really really great moc, but.. why didn't you took any shot from the other side? or from the front of the canon ? these 6 pics are approximately the same! we just see the left side a little ^^

I like how you gave a little story, and changed the hands from red, to normal yellow. I also see more foliage. Nice job before, amazing job now!

The improvements you made look good, BUT it is not allowed to start a new thread...it is said so into the rules I'm afraid...

EDIT: looks like a good-hearted staffmember has merged them. :thumbup: (Phred it seems, he posted at the same time i edited my post here, GO Phred!...)

Edited by zorro3999

The improvements you made look good, BUT it is not allowed to start a new thread...it is said so into the rules I'm afraid...

Thank you Fox. :pir-wink:

The Fox is correct and your threads have been merged accordingly.

Please let one of us know if the title of this thread needs to be changed.

I did change the WIP title to your final version title (hopefully that was good enough).

Feel free to alter the first post of this thread.

Great work BTW! :thumbup:

Very innovative and hilarious. :pir-laugh:

I may have to borrow that idea when i need to shoot some staff :pir-devil: .

(literally :cannon: )

......your threads have been merged accordingly.

Phew, thanks for that Phred!

I changed the 1st post to show the entry and added the original 1st draft here just in case someone wants to see it.

2940513429_f79419703a_o.jpg

Great work Pe668!

The spider adds a lot. This is one of my favorite small entries to this point!

This is exactly the kind of thing I expected when I first read about this contest! Funny ,but true to the violent nature of the contest :pir_laugh2: !

My only critique would be for you to make the captain slightly angrier and line the face up with the beard, but I do like it the way it is because of the captain giving the grunt an order.

Good Luck!

Edited by Razzer

One more suggestion: can you give the soldier a tricorne hat with a red plume to make him look more like Captain Zuloo? :jollyroger::pir_laugh2:

Just thought it would be nice to include him...I think you would get extra points for it just by doing so! :pir-laugh::pir-wink:

sorry cpt. zuloo...nothing personal