hewkii9

Rihanna

This topic does what it says on the tin - does anyone else here on EB like Rihanna? If so, why?

I'll start us off. I like Rihanna. Favorite songs of hers? Probably Disturbia first, than the ubiquitous Umbrella, then Shut Up and Drive. Sadly, I've never been to a Rihanna concert. Darn you mid-sized town Ontario :thumbdown:

Anyone else out there?

rihanna-08-big.jpg

Edited by hewkii9

Musically, yes, on occassion, visually, yes, always. :classic:

Amen to that! I'm not the biggest fan of most of her slower songs.

A couple of her songs are OK-ish but she really scares me. :wacko:

:skull:

She's cute, as long as she shuts up!

Wow, are you some sort of Anti-Rihannaite? I bet you've been waiting for someone to post a Rihanna topic so you can spread your slander :tongue:

Although she is very cute indeed.

Shoc, why does Rihanna scare you?

Musically, yes, most of the time, visually, yes, always. :classic:

yep ^

the video for umbrella is fething hawt

Shoc, why does Rihanna scare you?

Partly because of her voice, partly because in her music videos she always looks at the screen and poses a lot. :wacko:

:skull:

the video for umbrella is fething hawt

Language now, we don't want this thread to turn into a den of danger and debauchery now do we :grin:

Partly because of her voice, partly because in her music videos she always looks at the screen and poses a lot. :wacko:

She's not looking at the screen, she's looking into your soul! :devil: It's just the style of her videos. But I don't hear what's so wrong with her voice, I quite like it.

Wow, are you some sort of Anti-Rihannaite? I bet you've been waiting for someone to post a Rihanna topic so you can spread your slander :tongue:

I just don't like winey, commercial crap with no guitars. sorry

Does she still sound good live?

I would like to see Rihanna live too (naked, that is, preferrably with a heavy cold and soure throath).

No, I think she's OK :thumbup: , but as Captain Greenhair says, she is "fixed up electronicaly", but in these days, aren't they (the artists) all? :sceptic:

Edited by zorro3999

Oh well, apologies then - to each their own.

And unfortunately I wouldn't know about live that well, as I've never actually been to a Rihanna concert.

I would like to see Rihanna live too (naked, that is, preferrably with a heavy cold and soure throath).

Wow....... Ok....... :sceptic:

No, I think she's OK :thumbup: , but as Captain Greenhair says, she is "fixed up electronicaly", but in these days, aren't they (the artists) all? :sceptic:

Most Rap and R&B artits are. I've heard a few of the newer rap artist in person, and they were absolutly horrible. Many of the new rap and R&B artits use a voice box and so in person they sound completely different.

Anyways, back to Rihanna, ya, i like her music. She looked alot better when her hair was onger though.

Darn you mid-sized town Ontario :thumbdown:

Hey! That's my mid-sized town too! And I agree, you spend enough money to build a big hockey arena right in the middle of the FREAKN' CITY and you expect to see some high quality acts. :hmpf_bad:

Anyhow, Rihanna isn't my type of music - I have to go to Toronto to see my type of music....

Blackice.jpg

...need I say more?

Amen to that brutha :tongue:

She has does have a nice voice though I got to admit.

Also one of the finest looking things in America (Aussie chicks are better though :tongue::wink: )

I don't really like R&B I am more into rock but I guess some of her songs are OK. LT. Col. Thok Great choice in album :thumbup: .

Edited by Skipper 24

Well actually she was born in Barbados.

Read an article about her, apparently her story was a bit sad being that her dad did drugs and alcohol a bit too much :sceptic: Her story was kinda inspirational I thought :thumbup: