Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Witch Hunt Mafia - Day 1

Charles, why would you think that the inquisitor, one sent to remove the witches from this town, would actually be a witch?

Well, the Lord did say "Trust not the one you think should be trusted the most." He said that in the back of the Bible somewhere...towards the end.

Maybe this Sorry-growth would like to speak up and defend himself? I shall not commit myself until my studies have proclaimed that he is indeed a witch, and in that case, he shall hold my vote. However, until then, I must await for futher evidence to arouse.

I feel we are making no progress here. It seems the witches are clouding our judgment. We need a sign, something Lord, please!

Cristopher, you seem to know a lot about how the witches work. I always assumed they work at night because that is when we sleep, and thusly are off guard...how do you know their power increases at night? Have you perhaps dabbled in their arts yourself? I would not condemn you for knowledge, but of practice, there is no redemption...

Bernard, I am a warrior by nature and I do not have belief in magical myths. Witches and Heretics are a bunch of buffs that pray to some demonic beings that is unknown to us but reveal to them by night. Clear enough, none of us including myself has experience to ever know the darkest truth. It seemed there are the ones whom infiltrate into our village and poison our minds in daylight and attacked us when we are most vulnerable at night...

Been to countless wars and fought with multiple enemies whom wants to see our village to be doomed and god has always blessed our victory. It was only recent, that our village managed to enjoy peace and prosperity with the recent trade connections from foreign lands... Could we ever be discovered the outcast among us?

Agreed my dear friend. I suggest that we work from the bottom up. You know the saying, lay down with the swine, and you'll get up a witch. Perhaps Pablo should be the first killed. Even if he's not a witch we would be well rid of him, and his normal stench is worse than the stench of a decaying man, so we need not worry about that.

Just like you nobles to suspect the peasants first. Charles may be on to something about the inquisitor, but I'm not completely convinced just yet. Certainly not enough to vote against him.

I feel we are making no progress here. It seems the witches are clouding our judgment. We need a sign, something Lord, please!

Well we just have to wait untill morning and go from there I guess... :sceptic:

Unless God [OOC: Is Tiny Pie playing as God? :laugh: ....] gives us a beaming light from the heavens and shines it on the culprit...

Just like you nobles to suspect the peasants first. Charles may be on to something about the inquisitor, but I'm not completely convinced just yet. Certainly not enough to vote against him.

You're trying to shift the blame to me, who didn't even accuse you, because some nobleman wanted to get rid of you because you smell? Are you a mad man? I did no wrong to you, yet you try to side with a man who I did not even assault. I'll be watching you closely now, mark that.

Let the Lord give us a sign, as the Father has said. Shed us some light, even the smallest clue can be investigated with great detail!

You're trying to shift the blame to me, who didn't even accuse you, because some nobleman wanted to get rid of you because you smell? Are you a mad man? I did no wrong to you, yet you try to side with a man who I did not even assault. I'll be watching you closely now, mark that.

Let the Lord give us a sign, as the Father has said. Shed us some light, even the smallest clue can be investigated with great detail!

So me saying that someone might be onto something is accusing you? I said I didn't believe it, and I wasn't going to vote for you. If anything, I'm more suspicious of the noble then you.

A few hours into the first day of the witch hunt, the town was stumped. Inquisitor Fernando sighed. His stomach rumbled too.

"We will continue this after lunch.." he said. The crowd soon dispersed.

Charles and Joan retreated to their manor, as did Philip to his. Elisa trailed behind them. Muttering to himself, Fernando walked back to his quarters. Pablo returned to his own hut too, hopefully to take a long overdue bath. Christopher went back to the town barracks along with Henry.

Martinus seemed to head back to the bakery, though no customers arrived.

Gustavus and Hernan began to work on their farm once more.

Mustafa and Bernard set up their shops down at the market just as Sabrina, John and Cassandra arrived.

Alexander returned to the church. Following close behind him were Miguel, Isabella and Sergio.

(Feel free to use the avatars I've put in the original post, they're much clearer than the original ones, though they look less scary. :wink: )

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Welcome ladies, I take it you have come to look at my wares? I have much more were this came from back at my house, but I'm sure I can find some nice things for you here.

*flourishes a silver crucifix*

Here is just the thing to keep by your bed during these most unholy times, I'm sure it will help protect from the wicked witches, and if not, then it sure is a beautiful piece. Can I tempt you with some exotic perfumes? All the way from Arabia and beyond, and with a strong and unique scent, much like a garden in the late spring.

*walks into the chapel, genuflects and kneels to pray*

... and Lord, please give us the wisdom to find these witches and remove them from our town. The people here are good, this scourge is more than we can manage. The only place I feel safe is right here in these hallowed halls, the one place I feel that evil cannot enter. But it feels close, like it's closing in on us, and all the blessings are barely keeping it out. Please, hear me... Amen.

*stands, genuflecting again and backs out of the chapel to consult the scriptures, hoping to find some clue to identifying the evil*

[OOC: LOL I forgot about how long a "mafia day" lasts >.< :blush: I feel like an idiot :look::grin::blush: ]

Supper? After you've just eaten Breakfast? That's a little weird... :look:

*Walks around market* Hmm what should I buy....

Hey Mustafa got any nice arabian rugs? I might need some for my house as my rugs are wearing out.

*Walking into the barracks*

Take a look around us.... We don't have enough men to station in key installations as we had sent them out for borders patrol to protect our boundaries against those barbarians. There are only a few of us left, manning and protecting this village. We need to spread our soldiers in thin formation, making sure that we are cover the village premises as much as we can.. It's most unfortunate that these witches had decided to target our village at this moment...

*Looking above the sky, standing in deep thoughts*

I'd like to buy some carrots, I have to make a huge meal for my husbands birthday thats coming up. Although, I think thats why he's been acting so oddly lately. I'll await his return from the church to ask him what he wants as a gift.

I'd like to buy some carrots, I have to make a huge meal for my husbands birthday thats coming up. Although, I think thats why he's been acting so oddly lately. I'll await his return from the church to ask him what he wants as a gift.

I only want you my dear. :wub: Maybe you could finish our tax reports though? You know how bad I am with numbers :blush:

(OOC: been busy working as a volunteer for LEGO this weekend with their "Childrens' Dream City" event in Stavanger (some more information about that is available in the Events-forum, but unfortunately it's in Swedish, blame copmike :tongue:) And haven't had the time to post anything until now)

Oh, have to add, what I'd really like to see for my birthday would be for our nice village to be rid of all witches and heretics so we can live in peace.

...And it was by that light that they were able to vanquish all signs of tyranny from their kingdom and impose a free rule over the government...

Oh, excuse me there. I was just reading the next chapter of this book and writing a document on the effects of vigilante groups invading a non-democratic government. Carry on with your duties, don't mind me...

...And it was by that light that they were able to vanquish all signs of tyranny from their kingdom and impose a free rule over the government...

Oh, excuse me there. I was just reading the next chapter of this book and writing a document on the effects of vigilante groups invading a non-democratic government. Carry on with your duties, don't mind me...

Methinks that Philip is treading upon dangerous ground. It is bad enough that he is more concerned with his 'learning' than the Lord, but now he seems to be pondering dangerous ideas... :sceptic:

*eyes Philip suspiciously* I am wondering if this will be a cold winter. Maybe we need to consider other sources of heat. Perhaps all of those unnecessary papers he has amassed. :hmpf_bad:

*sigh*

Just because I devote myself not only to the lord but to these texts does not mean that I hold every opinion within them. It is pointless to burn my papers as you would a witch- is that an accusation?

*sigh*

Just because I devote myself not only to the lord but to these texts does not mean that I hold every opinion within them. It is pointless to burn my papers as you would a witch- is that an accusation?

I'd say that comparison is a bit of a stretch. Is someone getting defensive??? :look:

No, I'm afraid I'm just worried. The idea that witches could set this town in turmoil is a scary thought, and ever since I learned of their prescence, I've had images of cackling witches in my head.

I could use a snack. What foods are offered the cheapest?

Hernan stands in the middle of town and announces the following:

I realize these are tough times we are in at the moment. We as peasants are many times looked down upon by you nobles. Then we have this whole Witch fiasco which only adds to our problems. To my dear father (Parent), please put yourself at ease; these times of witchery will hopefully be gone soon enough. To our Father (Priest), I am looking to you for spiritual guidance. Your wisdom can help us, and I choose you to lead us through these horrific times.

*Walks around market* Hmm what should I buy....
I could use a snack. What foods are offered the cheapest?

I know what you two want...

Come down to Main Street Bakery where I offer a whole plethora of tasty pies, breads, and even pastries! Don't worry about prices, our tasty pasties are the cheapest in Azufre, and best of all, you don't need to pay until 2010! I repeat you don't need to pay until 2010!

So

(catchy theme song plays)

We've got the best food in the world,

so come on down to Azulfre!

De-de do da da de do de da dada de do do do de do dodo do !

( advertisement ends)

I must remind that everyone should not put their trust with anyone. Among us there is a witch and we have no clue how much (heathen) psychology theyv'e studied or good at acting they are!

Stay safe, sensible, healthy, and have trust in the lord!

(Kneels down and prays for the witches head's to blow up and good business)

:classic:, Martinus

I don't have to pay for a couple hundred years? Amazing! I'm coming right away!

(OOC: I haven't been able to post all day because I was busy with school.)

Hi everyone! I have just woken up from my nap. I will now walk around the village..... :classic:

I don't have to pay for a couple hundred years? Amazing! I'm coming right away!

What? Oh right, yeah what he said... you don't need to pay for centuries.

Ha,you forgot to read the tiny print that appeared on the bottom of the screen for half a second. :tongue:

:look: Do you get angry when annoying people scam you into a supposed " deal"? If so shop a Main Street bakery, where it's highly unlikely this would happen!

:grin: