Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Witch Hunt Mafia - Day 1

Witchsig-3-1.png

The sun blossomed from under the hills, and light spread across the countryside. The church bells of Azufre greeted the new day.

IMG_0931.jpg

Priest Alexander eagerly hurried out of the church. Word had reached him that the inquisitor had at last arrived in Azufre.

IMG_0935.jpg

A large crowd had gathered in the town square.

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

Atop a wooden platform Inquisitor Fernando stood. With the raising of his hand, the noise from the crowd died down.

IMG_0940.jpg

"Citizens of Azufre..." he began, "this town is in great peril! This town is cursed! Cursed by the foulest of witches and heretics. As we speak, the Devil's servants seek to destroy this good town. They seek to plunge this town into the flames of chaos, and engulf us in heresy! Will you allow this to happen to your beloved town?"

The crowd yelled in outrage.

IMG_0942.jpg

"Then we must fight against the heathens! Every day, we will decide who has fallen to heresy, and they will be executed. The coming days will be grim, but once this is over, we will be free from the Devil's gaze, and will be once more live as the righteous children of God!"

IMG_0944.jpg

With that, the crowd let out a great cheer, and began to return to their homes - it was time to get out the old pitchfork and torch. It was time for a good old fashioned witch hunt! Inquisitor Fernando smiled with satisfaction.

Rules:

Witch Hunt Mafia will follow the basic rules of mafia. Every day the town will be able to kill someone off. To do so, they will need to get the majority of the players to vote for one player. Once someone is voted off, it will be night time, and those with night actions will be able to PM me to tell me what they are going to do. If the day lasts for more than 4 real days, it will be night. Night will typically last about 2 real days, and if you don't PM me your night action in time, it won't be counted.

In addition to this...

I. Thou shalt not vote without typing it in bold. Please use these examples: Vote: Player or Unvote

II. Thou shalt not edit thy posts. Doing so 3 times will incur the wrath of God.

III. Thou shalt not post in the game threads when you are dead. You're dead. Act like it.

IV. Thou shalt not give hints or suggestions about the game when you are either dead or are not a participant. Feedback is okay though.

V. Thou shalt not be a sore loser. It's only a game.

VI. Thou shalt not sign up if you are not going to participate.

VII. Thou shalt not rush the host. I'm just trying to take some pictures in natural light.

VIII. Thou shalt not - err, seven commandments are good enough aren't they?

IX. Thou shalt not quote what I said from a PM. If you must, please paraphrase. Quoting one of my PMs will also incur the wrath of God.

X. Thou shalt not judge a book by it's cover. Just because they have angry faces, it doesn't mean they're heretics.

To clarify...

- You are allowed to communicate with other players via PM

- There are a lot less heretics/witches than there are town members initially, though it is possible for them to convert town members.

The Inhabitants of Azufre:

- Sergio.jpg Sergio (lego12)

- Cassandra.jpg Cassandra (Bob the Construction Man)

- Hernan.jpg Hernan (stash2sixx)

- Charles.jpg Charles (Hinckley)

- Miguel.jpg Miguel (Quarryman)

- Bernard.jpg Bernard (Trexxen)

- Elisa.jpg Elisa (Wilhelm Screamer)

- Pablo.jpg Pablo (Atoll Dweller)

- John.jpg John (Darth_Legois)

- Isabella.jpg Isabella (kill will)

- Alexander.jpg Alexander (ImperialShadows)

- Mustafa.jpg Mustafa (Dragonator)

- Martinus.jpg Martinus (Pickerel)

- Henry.jpg Henry (darthperson)

- Fernando.jpg Fernando (ptdapen)

- Sabrina.jpg Sabrina (I Scream Clone)

- Philip.jpg Philip (Adam)

- Gustavus.jpg Gustavus (wouwie13)

- Christopher.jpg Christopher (WhiteFang)

- Zepher - Confirmed

Reserves

- alexrider7

- Username Taken

- ImperialScouts

- Lt. Col. Thok

- Norrington

- Sir Dillon

- pr0visorak

Those Residing in the Kingdom of Heaven

-

Those Burning in the Flames of Hell

-

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

And so it begins. Let's burn some witches! The less disruption to my trading the better I say. I've got some shipments of coffee arriving tomorrow, and some fine silks the day after, and I certainly don't want some wart-covered old hag dirtying them.

Hey, the church is looking particularly nice today. Looks like someone gave it a good scrubbing over night, ready to receive the confessions of the wicked heretics. I like it. :thumbup:

And so it begins. Let's burn some witches! The less disruption to my trading the better I say. I've got some shipments of coffee arriving tomorrow, and some fine silks the day after, and I certainly don't want some wart-covered old hag dirtying them.

Hey, the church is looking particularly nice today. Looks like someone gave it a good scrubbing over night, ready to receive the confessions of the wicked heretics. I like it. :thumbup:

You only care for about these witch hunts because they'll allow you to have more business? Blasphemy! And why do you wear a turban? You part of another faith or something?

The Church always looks nice, and it is always at its peak! Have you ever thought the Church looked ugly? What say you?!

Finally, the hunt for the witches.. have begun. It's time for us to search for some possible witches' clue. Time for us to notice our villagers' movement. Witches are known to be secretive....

You only care for about these witch hunts because they'll allow you to have more business? Blasphemy! And why do you wear a turban? You part of another faith or something?

The Church always looks nice, and it is always at its peak! Have you ever thought the Church looked ugly? What say you?!

We have our first suspect! Mustafa! :tongue:

Maybe we should study the picture and see if anyone was missing? But I doubt anyone even a witch- would miss it.

Now now Mr. Fernando, there is no need for you to be like that. It almost sounds like you're desperate to accuse the first person you see... Now, as to what you have said. I am just as eager as the next person to kill these witches, I was merely musing to myself that, as a business man, I am hoping that it doesn't cause too much trouble. I want us to get these witches and heretics as quickly and cleanly as possible. As for my turban, it is the latest fashion in all the big northern cities. It is also very useful for when I am out travelling in the East looking for new suppliers, it keeps the sun off. I am, however, a very strong Christian, and attend Church every Sunday, as our dear father could tell you. Besides, I've never before in my life heard of a witch who wears a turban, if that was what you were trying to imply.

As for our lovely church, it was more of a comment to the hands in the sky as to how much I like it. :wink:

Now now Mr. Fernando, there is no need for you to be like that. It's almost sounds like your desperate to accuse the first person you see... Now, as to what you have said. I am just as eager as the next person to kill these witches, I was merely musing to myself that, as a business man, I am hoping that it doesn't cause to much trouble. I want us to get these witches and heretics as quickly and cleanly as possible. As for my turban, it is the latest fashion in all the big northern cities. It is also very useful for when I am out travelling in the East looking for new suppliers, it keeps the sun off. I am, however, a very strong Christian, and attend Church every Sunday, as our dear father could tell you. Besides, I've never before in my life heard of a witch who wears a turban, if that was what you were trying to imply.

As for our lovely church, it was more of a comment to the hands in the sky as to how much I like it. :wink:

Aye, perhaps I was a bit too rash. From my experience, foreigners seem to be of much lower faith then people raised in the West. But we must be hasty with getting rid of the heretics, before it is to late. Your faith is very good from your words, and your turban is justified by your merchantism. Wait, is that even a word? Anyways, the turban is not for witches, it is just unusual, like the heretics.

People, has anyone not been to Church lately? What say you?!

Maybe we should study the picture and see if anyone was missing? But I doubt anyone even a witch- would miss it.

Nay, nobody is missing from ou little gathering. I just had a look around.

Aye, perhaps I was a bit too rash. From my experience, foreigners seem to be of much lower faith then people raised in the West. But we must be hasty with getting rid of the heretics, before it is to late. Your faith is very good from your words, and your turban is justified by your merchantism. Wait, is that even a word? Anyways, the turban is not for witches, it is just unusual, like the heretics.

People, has anyone not been to Church lately? What say you?!

That's all right, it is your job to try and find the witches after all. :classic: I agree that we must eradicate this pest, these vermin, before they cause detrimental damage to our Western society. I didn't notice anyone missing from church on Sunday, but then, I was busy praying that my shipment of tabac would make it here safely, after all that news about storms out to sea. :grin:

John raises a good point, where should we start. I guess that once someone dies, we'll be able to start looking al all the people who possibly mighthave wanted to kill that person, but for now, I'm a bit of a lose. :sceptic: Why aren't the witches wearing their pointy hats so we can burn them and get this over and done with? :hmpf_bad:

That's all right, it is your job to try and find the witches after all. :classic: I agree that we must eradicate this pest, these vermin, before they cause detrimental damage to our Western society. I didn't notice anyone missing from church on Sunday, but then, I was busy praying that my shipment of tabac would make it here safely, after all that news about storms out to sea. :grin:

John raises a good point, where should we start. I guess that once someone dies, we'll be able to start looking al all the people who possibly mighthave wanted to kill that person, but for now, I'm a bit of a lose. :sceptic: Why aren't the witches wearing their pointy hats so we can burn them and get this over and done with? :hmpf_bad:

Oh, if they all wore those hats, then I would be unemployed! Hahaha... I can make jokes too...

Should we really wait until somebody dies? We should try to find out now and prevent the death. Someone should not become a scapegoat to your proposed idea just so everyone else can go about. I suppose we need to hear everybody's stories about whatever, maybe what they were doing and see if it lines up. Well, what have you people been doing lately?! What say you?!

I have spent all night preparing the church for the arrival of the Inquisitor and now that he is here, I can almost feel the evil retreating a bit, knowing that it is about to be challenged more strongly than was ever possible for me, a simple, humble priest.

It is quite a relief to have you here, Master Inquisitor. I have prepared an office and rooms for you. We are a small parish, not wealthy like you may be accustomed to, but you should be quite comfortable here. The people are good, most of them, but a few have been led astray by the evil that must be stopped. Together, we can restore things to what they once were, I know it, the Lord has told me so.

Personally, I have eyed the foreigner a bit suspiciously as well. He is from a land where the people dabble in things we wouldn't... Still, it would be unfair to judge prematurely.

Yes I just looked after I said it and I noticed no-one was missing but ...

II. Thou shalt not edit thy posts. Doing so 3 times will incur the wrath of God.

I must admit if I were a witch [im not, Ive been living in this peacefull town all my life I would never hurt anyone in my precous town...well it used to be peacefull but now its over-run with evil :cry_sad: ]I would kill Someone powerfull....

But pretty much I guess we have to wait... :sceptic:

[OOC: In the Baritones on Day-1 The FBI agents died so we had some sort of lead but no such thing yet.]

Oh, if they all wore those hats, then I would be unemployed! Hahaha... I can make jokes too...

Should we really wait until somebody dies? We should try to find out now and prevent the death. Someone should not become a scapegoat to your proposed idea just so everyone else can go about. I suppose we need to hear everybody's stories about whatever, maybe what they were doing and see if it lines up. Well, what have you people been doing lately?! What say you?!

Sounds good, I may as well start. I've just been doing the usual really, overseeing shipments and viewing my recent purchases. I've visited the markets a few times and of course was at church on Sunday. I met this lovely lady yesterday who should be around here somewhere. Other than that, not much different. I was planning another trip to the big cities in the north, as I usually go visit around this time of year, going around to all the nobles and the rich to sell my more expensive items. I think I might wait until all this is over first, however; I want my home town free of vermin, for fear of returning to a God forsaken Hell-hole.

Ive been doing my normal Buisness- Weaving.

And attending church on Sunday.

Im feeling hungry right now I shall go eat supper.

Ive been doing my normal Buisness- Weaving.

And attending church on Sunday.

Im feeling hungry right now I shall go eat supper.

Supper? After you've just eaten Breakfast? That's a little weird... :look:

I have spent all night preparing the church for the arrival of the Inquisitor and now that he is here, I can almost feel the evil retreating a bit, knowing that it is about to be challenged more strongly than was ever possible for me, a simple, humble priest.

It is quite a relief to have you here, Master Inquisitor. I have prepared an office and rooms for you. We are a small parish, not wealthy like you may be accustomed to, but you should be quite comfortable here. The people are good, most of them, but a few have been led astray by the evil that must be stopped. Together, we can restore things to what they once were, I know it, the Lord has told me so.

I forgot to thank you for your efforts to greet me. Well, thank you for that! I would like you to give me a report on everybody's confessions. That may be a good place to start. Plus I would like to hear a little more about your preachings.

Yes I just looked after I said it and I noticed no-one was missing but ...

I must admit if I were a witch [im not, Ive been living in this peacefull town all my life I would never hurt anyone in my precous town...well it used to be peacefull but now its over-run with evil :cry_sad: ]I would kill Someone powerfull....

Are you suggesting that I would be killed if you were a witch? Blasphemy! If I am attacked, I will surely suspect you. In fact, what are the Ten Commandments? That is a great first test. Also what have you been doing recently? Actually, what have all have you been doing recently! That I repeat! What say you?!

Supper? After you've just eaten Breakfast? That's a little weird... :look:

When Did I say I just ate breakfast? Hmm you must live on the other side of town then o.O

Are you suggesting that I would be killed if you were a witch? Blasphemy! If I am attacked, I will surely suspect you. In fact, what are the Ten Commandments? That is a great first test. Also what have you been doing recently? Actually, what have all have you been doing recently! That I repeat! What say you?!

Iam offended that if you were attacked I would be the prime suspect :cry_sad::oh3: What kind of Inquistador are you? if you are this 1-track-minded how will you catch the evil in this town!?

I didnt name you specifically I have no motive why would I destroy my town which I have lived in ALL my life?, I did not intend to threat anyone Just stating a fact of what I think the demons will do... :hmpf_bad:

Umm I already stated earlier I have been continuing my buisness with Weaving so Ive been very busy with that.

Also

The ten commandments

1. You shall not worship any other god but Yahweh.

2. You shall not make a graven image.

3. You shall not take the name of God in vain.

4. You shall not break the Sabbath.

5. You shall not dishonor your parents.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not commit perjury. 10. You shall not covet.

I would like you to give me a report on everybody's confessions. That may be a good place to start.

I have been reviewing those myself, but the people seem to live simple lives, mostly transgressing in small ways that they appear truly sorry for. I am afraid that those who are evil have learned to disguise their true natures, preventing easy detection. I have wondered about a few, especially the women who seem to offer temptation to the working men by liberally exposing their assets and using sharpened tongues to charm. Many of the local parishioners have expressed an inability to prevent wayward thoughts about these women, it could be the first step in luring them to evil.

Plus I would like to hear a little more about your preachings.

I have preached the good word, the joyous redemption and the sanctified life to them. I have cared for them spiritually and, when possible, tried to help them in their daily lives. But times have been tough here in Azufre, and I fear that some have fallen to evil out of fear, desperation or greed. No one can be above suspicion from the lowly, smelly farmer to the highest gentleman.

I have used all the words at my disposal to warn the people of the risks they take when dabbling in evil... the fits, loss of hearing, speech, and sight, loss of memory, loss of appetite; hallucinations, and sensations of being pinched by invisible hands and bitten by invisible mouths, yet some of them giggle at such things as if they do not take it seriously. Maybe that is a manifestation of demonic possession, yet it occurs on hallowed ground where such things should not be possible.

It is like we have returned to Ashkelon, filled with evil witches, needing the swift sword of our Lord to bring them to destruction!

Hello everyone. My job is to work out in the fields all day. Im afraid that I can't provide much else.

I don't really follow about what goes on. When did that platform get here? Who is that man in red? Why is everyone gathered in front of him cheering?

Maybe thats why our town isn't thriving, lazy townsfolk... Oops! Seems I put to much lipstick on again.

Hello!

I am but a simple baker, but I'm sure I can help with these witches!

Would anyone like garlic bread?

I believe my pitchfork is in need of a little dusting, for it hasn't been used in years. Hello, fellow citizens, I am Phillip the noble. I have no patience with witches and would rather engross myself in my studies than engage in filthy witchcraft.

And so Day 1 begins! I'll take that offer on the garlic bread. I've been busy this morning...so I didn't get any breakfest...and garlic bread sounds delicious!

We shouldn't accuse anyone of anything, because there aren't any clues so far....I'll take a look to see if I can get any information from the townspeople.....

Mmmm. I'd like to taste the fruits of my labor, the grain I picked earlier and gave to you. If you dont mind. I just hope my lipstick doesnt ruin the flavor.

And so Day 1 begins! I'll take that offer on the garlic bread. I've been busy this morning...so I didn't get any breakfest...and garlic bread sounds delicious!

We shouldn't accuse anyone of anything, because there aren't any clues so far....I'll take a look to see if I can get any information from the townspeople.....

Mmmm. I'd like to taste the fruits of my labor, the grain I picked earlier and gave to you. If you dont mind. I just hope my lipstick doesnt ruin the flavor.

Have some!

As far as our witch problem goes, we must stay strong and be levelheaded. Be hopeful, he have already destroyed that vile creature Magiko!

OOC: Curse you non-edit rule!!!!

I've heard that witches are allergic to garlic. Oh wait, no. That's vampires. Oh I wish witches showed the symptoms of vampires. Then we would see them burning right now, and other things. So far there's no way to tell without a clue, but hopefully that won't mean that someone needs to be killed. Go on and have your banter. Maybe we'll find out who's a witch from it. Remember, I'll be watching you...