Review Lego set 6054 Foresmen's Hideout

indexed.gif

Forestmen's Hideout

Release: 1988

Pieces: 198

Figures: 2

Original price: $17,50

The story

Inside the great forest there are not only wilde animals to look out for.

People entering the great forest always get the feeling being watched, but they never find any traces of people if they look around.

They say it are the Forestmen who are in full control of the great forest, and its them who watch anybody who enters the great forest.

Some knights ask there self: Where al those forestmen come from, where do they life?

How do they always know where you are in the forest?

Well, I know the answer tot that, It was me Odeüs who lived among them for a few months.

I have made some drawings from a few of their buildings and maybe than you understand, why this people are

rarely seen inside their great forest.

The building

The Hideout is a type of building the forestmen use to keep an eye on parts of the great forest.

It is manned with 2 forestmen, who patrol the area, esspacially roads. The hideout itself is very difficult to see because there is a tree every 10 feet. besides that a hideout has many diverent shapes because the base of the hideout is a hollow tree who can be found al lot in the great forest. Inside this tree a room is made to live en watch the direct suroundings of the hide out. There can also be a target found for practise witch bow and arrow. Its not that every forestmen is born with great bow skill, its pratice, practise, practise. Besides this all, the hideout is quite modest. It can look deserted in a few minutes, or be made habitable in second.

7245.jpg

7256.jpg

The opening in the tree gives the forestmen a quick way to hide or the escape the tree in case of great danger.

7249.jpg

Inside this tree a room is made to live en watch the direct suroundings of the hide out.

7260.jpg

The following drawings give a idea how the tree would look if we cut them in half (a ridiculous idea of course :classic: )

7252.jpg

7254.jpg

Well, I hope you enjoyed the discription I gave of the forestmen hideout.

Hopefully you understand more of this people who are living their own life in the great forest

For now I greet you all, and I'm hoping to see you soon.

Odeüs

Thanks very much for the review! also own this set and made a few pictures some months ago for a review, but somehow i forgot to make it then. This is one of my favourites of the forestman sets, i like the size of it and the neat hideouts it has :thumbup:

Hi Antoi,

First of all, welcome to Eurobricks. :thumbup:

Secondly, thanks for doing up this wonderful great review. I am always a fan of Forestmen and I think you have done a great job. Perhaps, could you do a small favour for me and the rest of the community? :classic: Could you resize your pictures to 640x480 instead? These pictures are too big for my tiny bandwidth to handle. It will be nice if you could resize it and allow some of our poor members like me to have a much faster download and viewing pleasure instead.

And yes, I enjoyed viewing this simple review of yours. It's great. :sweet:

Thank you very much for this review of the oh so wonderful 6054 hideout. IMO, you just can't beat Forestmen sets. :cry_happy:

The Forestmen's Hideout is one of the best sets of its time (end of he 1980's), I used to have ALL the forestmen's sets but I haven't rebuilded them yet so I don't know I still do.

Your review is OK, and I thank you for making it, because I really used to like them in that time, they were great with my Lions and Falcons...Oh, the times... :thumbup:

Great review and welcome to Eurobricks! Perhaps you could resize the pics as Whitefang said, but other than that :thumbup: to a cool retro Lego set.

I have only reentered lego in the last couple of years, but I bought some Forestmen off Bricklink very quickly a they seemed cool.

Cheers

ISC

Were Forestmen exclusive to only certain regions of the world?

Thanks for all you comment, and your welcome.

After years I'm finally back with lego :tongue:

How could I ever forget it!!!

I agree with al you, who say the forestmen are one of the best Lego evert released(I think actually the best)

The details are so great and everything is build from little pieces instead of the big pieces you get in sets now.

Is there anything you people missed in the review? Its my first so I could learn enough for you all:)

Oh, pictures should be better now. Right??

Oh, pictures should be better now. Right??

Antoi, some of your pictures are still 1600x1200 and 800x600. Pictures with 640x480 will allow faster download due to its small size. I really hope you will amend it to 640x480 to help our members whom have limited bandwidth. On a side note, Antoi if you any more Forestmen sets, please do more reviews for us. :wub:

As others have said, welcome! Thank you so much for this review! Ironically I just purchased this set (along with 6066 Camouflaged Outpost) two days ago from Bricklink, so this has been great for me. :classic:

I love the way you did the review, more like a story. I've never had a Forestmen set before, so I can't wait to recieve mine in the mail.

Thanks again!

I remember buying this set when I was a kid! Great set! I wonder what it would look like if all the black 'tree' parts were replaced with brown.

Antoi, thanks for resizing these wonderful pictures. :thumbup:

It certainly helps alot. If you have somemore forestmen sets, I will love to see more of them as well. :wub:

I like this set, this is a nice review but.. how did they get to the first floor ? :wacko:

Welcome to EB, Antoi! Good review, and a creative story line :wink: .

but.. how did they get to the first floor ?

Magic? Alot of sets have this :tongue:

Edited by Dwarvenlord

The image links are all nonfunctional; all that's showing up is that "Posted Image" placeholder.

That's because the review was posted 6 years ago. :wacko:

The image links are all nonfunctional; all that's showing up is that "Posted Image" placeholder.

As mentioned in my previous post, it appears this is the same situation as the 3053 Emperor Stronghold Review. This member, Antoi has not login into Eurobricks for more than 3 years and it is highly unlikely that the images will be able to restore back. It is unfortunate indeed that such old classic reviews are no longer made available for viewing.

I will leave it to the History Moderators to decide if it will still continue to be remain in the index. Thank you.

WhiteFang

I have a suggestion. Perhaps a new topic for those who have older sets like these could share with those who are seeking reviews of such sets. Not sure if there is any interest. Might be nice from a historic perspective to see how some lines have changed over time such as castle, pirates, etc. An overall view of sets over the ages sitting side by side. It's a thought.

I've personally been delving into the Vikings sets and in the process of collecting the pieces.