Shadows

Halloween Month Vignette Contest

Halloween Month Vignette Contest

Rules and Discussion

Join Eurobricks in celebrating Halloween in a way you've never celebrated it before, wait... you've never celebrated it before? Well, here's your chance! All you have to do is build a vignette, following a few simple rules, and you could win a fabulous prize!

The Idea

Build a vignette that represents Halloween in your Classic Town. It's that simple. Aren't sure what Halloween is? Well, this is the internet, you could probably find something there, or if you're lazy, try this.

The Rules

1. Entries should be posted to the entry thread by midnight CST, October 30, 2008. No other posts should be made there. You may use this thread for discussing the entries, asking questions, or making silly jokes involving potatoes. Voting will start on Halloween, October 31st.
  2. One entry per person.
  3. Each entry is allowed up to 3 pictures, no larger than 800x600. The first picture posted will be used as the thumbnail for your entry, so choose wisely. Be sure to post that entry in the entry thread or it will be disqualified.
  4. Entries are to be built on an 8x8 base (baseplate, plate, or bricks) with up to 1 stud plate overlap allowed on all sides.
  5. Elevated parts may extend up to 5 studs out from the edge of the base. Allowed: a tree limb. Not Allowed: a wall. Use common sense or we'll hit you.
  6. Minifigs and parts held by minifigs may extend 3 studs out from the edge of the base.
  7. No piece limit.
  8. No height limit.
  9. Official LEGO parts only. No clones. No modified parts.

The Prize

To be announced. Stay tuned for more details as they develop!

Simple, isn't it?

So get started now, there's a whole scary world out there just waiting to be built!

Are you playing a trick on me ImperialShadows? Every time I click on the discussion thread it brings me back to this same subject. Please move this post if it's in the wrong place. Anyway, what potato jokes are you talking about? :look:

Are you playing a trick on me ImperialShadows? Every time I click on the discussion thread it brings me back to this same subject. Please move this post if it's in the wrong place. Anyway, what potato jokes are you talking about? :look:

Whatever do you mean, you've posted this in the proper place. :blush: Crap, dammit. Stupid link.

As for the potato jokes... this is the place for them. They all go here. Without exception. Where else would you expect to put them? :wacko:

I don't really have an Idea, but I'll try to manage something ^^

So long without posting and when I come back I found this amazing contest! :sweet:

I have very few "scary" lego elements but I'll try to do a little vignette and, who knows? LOL :grin:

I'll make a vignette! :sweet:

Ok, Imperial Shadows....here's a potatoe joke: Knock, Knock. Who' there? Potatoe. Potatoe who? Potatoes are good. There. Are you happy? What an A$$... I know you are but what am I?

Edited by lego12

This looks like a fun contest to enter. It will be hard, but I think I can pull it off.

SamTheLegoMan1 : thanks, that's a nice Idea, I think I'll try something like this tomorrow ^^

Nice entries so far, everyone! :thumbup: But I'm not so sure about TheBrickster's entry... Isn't this supposed to be a Town themed contest? :look:

I don't know what I could make yet and I don't have much time on my hands either, but I'll try to get something in. :classic: And thinking about my entry, I have a question: Are engraved bricks from a Lego store allowed? Or do they count as modified parts?

But I'm not so sure about TheBrickster's entry... Isn't this supposed to be a Town themed contest? :look:

My Classic Town happens to be of the Wild West variety - a Ghost TOWN. :skull:

ahah I love sandy's vignette, the birds... frightening !

I think that brickster's one is nice too! and no one said that it have to be actual town! a western one can be nice... well.. maybe ^^

ISC : your vignette is so cruellll .. I love it^^

EDIT : I added a minifig, I updated my post in the entry topic.

Edited by Guss

I have just finished my vignette. I must say, I'm rather proud of it. I will have pictures up later tonight or tomorrow. It will be my first vignette ever! :classic: I hope you will all like it!

Edited by Cpt. Willabee

I knew that link was faulty! :tongue: Hinckley would've never done that! I'm thinking of some potato jokes right now! :laugh:

Very scary entry, Willabee! I also like ISC's and Sandy's, very appropriate. :devil:

Jimbutcher , you don't like mine :cry_sad: ... joking ^^

cpt. willabee that's nice entry ! maybe my preferred one! ( after mine of course :tongue: well.. I lied, I prefer yours^^)

Dammit, Willabee, You stole my idea! :angry: I was going to make something very similar: a couple of trick-or-treaters who are ringing at a door behind which some kind of real monster awaits them. But your classic horror movie setting of an abandoned house is much better! :hmpf_bad: The execution of it is excellent too. The characters are perfect and you can see right away what is going on. Good job! :thumbup:

Oh well, I already have a new, much better idea! :devil:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi