Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

This is going to sound kind of mean but who cares? It doesn't look that much different and frankly maybe Lego shouldn't waste so much of their damn time designing boxes, and design some NEW FREAKIN sets instead!

I think they look nicer and will probally attract the average fan more then the current boxes do (since they look the same as everyother theme and are dull compared to the first 2 designs) With Episode 3 round the corner and the OT DVDs just 2 months away I think now is a good time to change.

Chall! :)

hm... my first thoughts were' cool, looks like the early boxes... but they doesn't... this whole front of the box looks more like the back of it.... no idea, why, maybe it misses some black frame or something like that... :wacko:

I like it ! it is a great idea to do this. The new SW boxes were just blue like all the lego and the star wars logo was big but not readable from big distances.

So sweet

It prob will be the Tie collection. People should have learned after the mess with that. :) It could be the Y Wing.

I'm not a SW Lego fan, but Mace Windu would rock! I love him, and the purple light saver.

Aren't they showing another new set off then? That Train rumor set?

maybe its a single minifig, or some beast, e.g. a bantha or something like that.... that would be the only senseful sneak preview i could imagine... they surely won't show a blurry picture or something like that...

Well I guess it's the famous UCS Y-Wing that was mentionned a while ago, but I also hope it's a brand new set we've never heard about. Maybe you could post about that on the main page Sam.

Only one week before knowing the truth :)

Well there where romours aboy two new sets, some time ago. In a 10131 topic...

Well I guess it's the famous UCS Y-Wing that was mentionned a while ago, but I also hope it's a brand new set we've never heard about. Maybe you could post about that on the main page Sam :)

OK ;)

Cool, I actually think it looks better. I preferred the original design they had way back when star wars lego began but last year they changed it to the blue style one.

I still haven't got the x-wing or snowspeeder yet so I hope to get them with these new "retro" style boxes!

Jon.

Sounds good, I can't wait to find out about what it is. There have been many rumors lately about some sets, including the y-wing. And someone dragged up an old pic of one from a lego mag. I hope we see some new interesting things.

And we will see the final design for the 10131 set, in the cool new box!

Jon.

I think it is the ucs y-wing but I hope it's not. Ucs are way too expensive -_- 169

Well it's not long now until Comic-Con, which starts in 2 days. We'll get to see some good pics of 10131 and hopefully this new sneak peek.

If you want to get the free MINI TIE you have to go to Comic Con, and since you live in Finland, I doubt you'll be able to go.

Why doesn't Lego just give these away in the Magazine? There is always Bionicle crap with it, why not for once a nice little tiny set? :(

I got a free MINI TIE once with Lego magazine in the UK. I guess us Brits are just lucky.

No it was done randomly. I have only been a member 10 years, why should have I gotten one? :(

Some what looks like bad news, that was posted on FBTB:

"I recieved my copy today. The Lego Magazines seem to be getting smaller and are not how they used to be. Well inside it had an article about Lego Star Wars at Comic Con. There will be both a life size Vader and R2-D2. There will also be detailed dioramas from the scenes in the movie. They will be giving free mini ties away too. It stragely said people would get a first look at the new Falcon that "won't be appearing in stores until next August". That is strange. Anyone going should take lots of pics to post in the forums."

That better not be what the sneak peek is!, or I'll be very disappointed (n)

If they do that I think this would have been the worst year in term of communication for lego... Missleading people like that is not a good way to keep customers.

Anyway I bet my money on an UCS Y-wing

Well here's a pic of the of the 10131 box art that jipay posted in another thread

DSCN1031.JPG

I love it! B)

But it looks like the sneak peek is only going to be for the Lego Star Wars game. Here's what someone posted on FBTB, from Hyperspace:

"LEGO premieres their Star Wars video game -- here's a LEGO-brick version of Obi-Wan Kenobi from the game."

I was hoping for a sneak peek of an actual set, but oh well.