Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

hm...i'm a little bit disappointed... the engines aren't really what i was hoping for and they should have come up with a better solution than to use slopes for the fins...

The cart is a little simple, but I think the A-wig looks better than the original; the shape is a lot better (thanks to those huge wedges that didn't yet exist in 2000) and I really like how LEGO did the engines on this one :)

I really like the A-Wing Sleeek and fast..

The X-stream games Technicians looks nice, with an Old X-Wing transport thingy with it :)

Remember this might not be the final version

I agree that this is a very good set. The colour scheme of white and dark red is better than before, and the design with the curved pieces make it look very sleek. The addition of the mechanic and trolley is good too.

A-Wing looks great, though I agree 'tis a shame about the stickers. But I guess the good thing about stickers is that if you want to you can go for the SUPER clean look and just leave 'em off (I leave off about 70% of the stickers that come with sets... just think it looks better that way).

Honestly, though, even with minor complaints here and there I have to say that there is an amazingly strong lineup of SW sets coming up. Far from losing steam, the theme just seems to be improving. I mean, sheesh, check out what we have to look forward to in the next few months.... awesome! :oD

AllShips.gif

The cart is a little simple, but I think the A-wig looks better than the original; the shape is a lot better (thanks to those huge wedges that didn't yet exist in 2000) and I really like how LEGO did the engines on this one :)

sure, the nose looks a lot better and the cockpit section is also very nice.

obviously it will sell very well...

so you don't mind there are these lego technic steering wheels on the engines?

i'd like to see the other side of this machine and see how they fixed the legs of this thing...

Here's some new pics of all the Jan sets:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/le...=1&world=(none)

Interesting points:

- A-Wing piece count - 194

- Mechanic only has a sticker at the moment (probably a prototype)

- The B-Wing has a few stickers, including on the contolr centre

- Slave 1 comes with missiles and Han in Carbonite!

- TIE Interceptor piece count - 212

Thanks Sam for these pics ;)

From what we have already seen, apart from that crappy Slave shooting missile, there are some great parts/features in those sets !!!

I love the fact that the carbo Han fits perfectly in the Slave1 :oD + really nice missiles (normal ones).

I also love the helmet from the mechanic in the Awing set ;)

Really can't wait January ;)

What is with the rebel tech's torso??? It luks like a badly done sticker, the grey doesn't match at all :()

Thanks Sam

I wonder if the TIE will come with a stand or another chap apart from the basic TIE pilot.

The A Wing looks great, my favourite to be honest.

Slave 1 looks a lot more sturdy and bulky to me, some good detail too.

I'm not a big fan of the B Wing but do like the design they have used, shame there are no close ups of the figs.

Overall an impressive selection *satis*

Dave

What is with the rebel tech's torso??? It luks like a badly done sticker, the grey doesn't match at all :()

It's just a prototype.

His helmet also luks a bit dodgy. Is that a prototype to? I hope so, I think he would look bettrer with a Hoth Hogan helmet.

Why no close up of the B-Wing minifigs? Could that be a Mon Calamari (with a dark orange sculpted head) next to the Suluban fig? :)

Why no close up of the B-Wing minifigs? Could that be a Mon Calamari (with a dark orange sculpted head) next to the Suluban fig? :)

The fig on the ladder is the Sullustan. The other fig is a B-Wing pilot.