Sign in to follow this  
sam89

2004/2005 Sets and discussion thread

Well I find 7256 to be a good set with good useful parts.

I also like this idea with this rumored set with a Obi Wan JSF.

I guess I will get at least two of those when they come.

I also think this is a good move from LEGO!

Also the thing that they start to realize that

we want more mini-figs with the sets.

Finally realize they did!!

I loved the idea of buying x times the same set for my army building (me ironic?) :-D

i'm also very much tempted by the idea of an entire squadron of starfighters. i can see it already: a line up of 6 starfighters on one side and another six on the opposite side, and in the middle a group of starfighter pilots, preparing the mission :oo

Also they are smaller than the revisited X-Wing!!!!

Not easy to fit 3 Snowspeeders, 2 X-Wings and the Millenium Falcon!!

A couple of Jedi Starfighters could be nice. Too bad that Anakin's one is not all black!!!

I've decided I'll probably buy Obi-wan's JSF off ebay or something. Because I'm definitely not going to pay a high price to get Anakin's JSF again, as well as two more Vulture Droids (which aren't that great to begin with), just to get a ship that probably costs less than

The problem sam is that it will not come in its box: there'll be one box for the whole set (like the tie collection).

However you might find later on ebay just the Obi's craft with a copy of the building manual (that happened with the original OT Y-wing set).

However, the price was pretty high.

Good luck for your quest!!

perhaps there are people who are willing to trade certain units of this set... I mean a starfighter in exchange for two vulture droids,...

I doubt it because the only interest of this set is having Obi's fighter!!

But who knows!! Probably somewhere in this galaxy someone prefers yellow fighters, so keep lurcking for that someone :-D

According to FBTB, 3 of the already seen EP III sets showed up at the Sears site:

Taken from fbtb:

LEGO ROTS Pics

Three of the new LEGO Return of the Sith sets have shown up at Sears.com, complete with pictures and descriptions:

Wookie Catamaran (Yoda, Chewbacca, Luminara Unduli, two Clonetroopers, Wookiee Warrior)

Ultimate Lightsaber Duel (Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi w/light-up lightsabers)

Clone Turbo Tank (Clone Troopers, Battle Droids, Sand Trooper/Clone, Mace Windu with light-up lightsaber)

These pictures along with set descriptions were found at Sears.com, although they cannot yet be ordered.

by the way, bricklink is in many ways a lot cheaper than TLC. i just bought 2500 2 x 2 bricks for 40$ (+38$ shipping costs). a 1000 of these via s&h costs 70 euro!

no bricklink is not cheaper than TLC, no doubt about it, at least if you buy entire sets. And for rare minifigs and rares pieces, its much more expensive than TLC

*cough* Falcon Leia *cough*

:-D I don't use Bricklink for precisely that reason. I'll have to, soon, though - rebuilding all my old sets!

So do the people that have this think it's worth $50, or should I wait until bargain? (it's at my local TRU)

Oh, and does anyone want to trade their new stormies for some normal troopers? :-D

I thought the new star fighter was out in all stores. Our's came in at Wal-Mart here weeks ago.

I think I am going to try and find a old pilot and a new flesh officer head, and make a neeeeew pilot.

Well i like this set but as i already have a shuttle i may just buy the figs off of bricklink :)

Well i like this set but as i already have a shuttle i may just buy the figs off of bricklink :)

The shuttle is updated with new bleys, and the hinges on the backdoor are also updated. And the figs are pretty hard to find on bricklink. Last time I checked, there were only like 4 new officers even listed on Bricklink. I haven't checked on the new Stormtroopers, the new Darth Vader (without eyebrows and more scars), or the new Emperor (new skin tone).

The shuttle is updated with new bleys, and the hinges on the backdoor are also updated. And the figs are pretty hard to find on bricklink. Last time I checked, there were only like 4 new officers even listed on Bricklink. I haven't checked on the new Stormtroopers, the new Darth Vader (without eyebrows and more scars), or the new Emperor (new skin tone).

Lord Vader,

I think you should definitly buy this set, even if you don't really care about the slightly mofified shuttle.

The minifigs will be costly to get, especially considering it will be probably the last time we get imperial guards (my favorite minifigs!!! really cool red helmets).

Do as you wish my master ;) :P

I know its a good set guys but i really dont want to spend all that money on a shuttle i have thats got a few improvements, however im sure ill find it for a cheaper price sooner or later and ill crack and buy it. :) :P

yeah people should get the set only for the minifigs. i'm pretty sure it will be worth to sell the minifigs in 10 years :-D

yeah people should get the set only for the minifigs. i'm pretty sure it will be worth to sell the minifigs in 10 years :-D

You are so venal :P :-D

Yeah I am. maybe 5 years studying commerce finally get me into the dark side :'(

Yeah I am. maybe 5 years studying commerce finally get me into the dark side :'(

The dark side Jipay joined, pray for your soul I will :-D

Good luck for your finals ;)

You will do fine jipay and remember it dosent hurt to say to the tutor 'a pass you will give me' ;) :)

Well, just got this set, love the new figs! :-D

A bit disappointed by the little control room, but that was expected. The little carrier thing is kind of nondescript, and the shuttle is, well, the shuttle. Built it before. :/

Still, worth it for the figs alone!