Mister Phes

CONTEST - Pillage the Village - Creative Critic Award

Creative Critic

ccpromo.jpg

This is an entirely different aspect of the contest where the aim is to provide constructive feedback for the Pillage the Village entries.

What is constructive feedback?

This is where the writer evaluates what they like and dislike about a creation, and then relays the information objectively to the

builder. The important point is to express honest opinions in a helpful manner, whether good or bad. If you can do that creatively at the same time, you just might have what it takes to win some fabulous prizes.

Where does this happen?

First, you need to express an interest in participating in this aspect of the contest by posting in this thread. After that, all you do is comment on the entries in their own threads and the staff will observe and judge the quality of your efforts.

How will this be judged?

The staff will assess the Creative Critic Award on the following criteria:

1. The usefulness of the information provided.
  2. The professionalism in which the information is conveyed.
  3. Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. (We will be lenient if English is your second language but for primary English speakers there are NO excuses!)
  4. The volume of quality creative criticism you provide.

IMPORTANT!!! A high post count alone will not assist you in winning a Creative Critic award and excessive, short, or unhelpful posts may result in disqualification. If your idea of a good comment is: "That MOC looks awesome", you may find yourself in a spot of bother. You probably won't get a warning either.

You don't have write about every single aspect of the MOC in one post, but it is recommended you focus upon something on interest and write a good paragraph about it.

How do I enter?

Again, all you need to do is express a desire to join by posting in this thread and then commenting on the entries in their own entry threads. From the moment you post here, any posts you make will be under evaluation so think carefully about what you say.

When does it start?

As soon as you post here!

Are there prizes?

Yes, check out the The biggest Prize Pool in AFOL fansite history? for more information.

As always, the judge's decisions are final.

Helpful Tip

The best Creative Critics will provide ongoing feedback, so it's not necessarily a critique once and then wait until contest's end to receive your result. Find ways to continually provide feedback and you'll have a definite advantage.

Do you have what it takes to be a Creative Critic?

:jollyroger:

I'll give this a go Phes, it sounds fun, and I like commenting on people's creations anyway. :pir-classic:

Nice photo at the start there by the way, although next time I would suggest... oh wait, it hasn't started yet. :grin:

Creative Critic ON! :thumbup:

I'm in 100%! I will provide very honest and constructive feedback and help out members!

Creative Critic ON x2! :P

Edited by lego12

I will try so too, I develloped my own commenting system a few days ago, so I will keep using that...

PS: Lego12: giving positive feedback isnt what we are supposed to do, we must give HONEST and CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, so if its bad, then it is bad.... No more mercy :pir-classic:

English is NOT my primairy language I fear, but I will do my best.

TO MR. PHES: I already gave (I hope constructive) critic to all of the entries that have been posted till now. Must I repost them or will they be taken in consideration as well? I ask this because I don't want to look like a "late starter", who only gave critic to the last entries.

Edited by zorro3999

Oh, I'm in for sure! I love being a critic, it makes me feel helpful and I would expect the same quality of posts on my models as I would give to anyone else's =D

And also, to be fair, English IS my first language, so judge as harshly as you deem necessary =P

~Trexxen

Another way in which this contest is completely unique! :pir-wub: There are already many on the forum that give creations healthy advice, and it's great to see that that constructive commentary will be even more worthwhile.

I would certainly like to be a part of this. It is a very good idea! :thumbup:

TO MR. PHES: I already gave (I hope constructive) critic to all of the entries that have been posted till now. Must I repost them or will they be taken in consideration as well? I ask this because I don't want to look like a "late starter", who only gave critic to the last entries.

I was wondering this as well...

I will like to give it a try too, and contribute my thoughts and views on their particpating entries. :pir-sweet:

I'm willing to try my luck with this category, too. :wink:

*cracks whip* It's time to get constructive!

Count me in! I have already did everything you said in all of my post in others entries. So I am up for the challenge!

You can count me in too, but i have already posted on some peoples threads already, will these count weter for or against?

The best Creative Critics will provide ongoing feedback, so it's not necessarily a critique once and then wait until contest's end to receive your result. Find ways to continually provide feedback and you'll have a definite advantage.

Since you've requested that your earlier feedback be taken into consideration we shall! We will extend this offer to everyone, HOWEVER, if a critic's feedback has been brief or less than helpful then it's perhaps wiser not to make that request because it may hurt their chances. In your case Zorro I think it's a very intuitive move because you've been a standout critic! :thumbup:

Count me in too; this looks like a fun and very creative way of challenging ourselves to become better critics of LEGO creations everywhere.

Kudos to whoever originally thought of this idea, whether it be Mr. Phes or not. :thumbup:

my critics are not very creative but anyway, I'm going to comment every mocs that enter the contest, so count me in ^^

Awesome, count me in this one. I think this is one of my stronger points, so hopefully I'll provide some good feedback for those MOCers out there. :pir-blush:

I have made previous posts that I would like you to take into consideration, Mister Phes. I will join this contest now!