Rayman

Republic Gunship Nose Art

EDIT BY KIMT:

I've uploaded all posted pics here and I intend to keep doing so.

UPDATE!! 05/09/09 NEW WIP, please click page five for the link, thanks!

-Rayman

From my FBTB post

As you may have noticed in the upcoming Clone Wars animation the Republic Gunship nose sport WWII-esque bomber art, which is very cool as it showcases another form of the growing indiviuality of the Clones under the command of Jedi. However I never knew that they could paint so well. :)

This is my first non-minifg MOC, and although it is not what I usually do I enjoyed drawing this, and I do plan on making more gunship art as they appear in the TV series.

1studioraymanluckylekku2.jpg

The Aurek-Besh simply says Lucky Lekku 2 as I couldn't find out what this particular gunship was called. I'll change it when I find out. Otherwise she'll bear this name for now. The artwork is based on this gunship. I tried to caprture the style that LEGO used for their stickers so I was very liberal with the lineart making sure to retain weight variation throughout.

Here is the FULL STICKER SHEET.

Those with sharp eyes may have noticed that I have changed the colours on the Blue Twi'lek. The original Twi'lek wore a grey coloured clone suit which bothered me so I altered the colours on my version so that it is more true to Clone Trooper standards. The line weight and variations should correspond exactly with TLC's stickers. So if you are looking for some replacement stickers these should be as good as scan of the originals. I have also improved the contrast on the monkey lizard so that the colour of his beak stands out better against the outline. Other than that there are no changes. So if you are looking for some replacement stickers these should be as good as scan of the originals.

Please feel free to use these in anyway you wish, and give credit where appropriate-- I don't mind if you don't :). Included are also a set of blank gunship nose stickers so that you too can design your own gunship art.

WWII and Star Wars rock! 8)

Woohooh !!! Fiioowiet (whistling wit his fingers) That Green babe looks hot man!

Good work ! Especcialy after such a zoomin, you must have good eyes.

Very, very nice!

I just received 6 new white 6 x 8 slopes, knowing that there were people creating new nose art for the RGS. Looks like I know what one of these pairs is going to look like.

Now I just have to figure out how to physically make the decal...

I always had a rather strange interest in Aayla Secura and this one looks cute too.. Nice job!

BTW original stickers are lovely too

Those are some nice designs Rayman! :thumbup: They would be really helpful for people who want a different design other than the one they are given. :classic:

Lego12

That is mighty fine work. :wub: I rarely put stickers on, but the Twi'lek was too cool! I want another now so I can use yours as well! :grin:

Thank you for the comments :sweet:

I just received 6 new white 6 x 8 slopes, knowing that there were people creating new nose art for the RGS. Looks like I know what one of these pairs is going to look like.

Now I just have to figure out how to physically make the decal...

I am going to have to do that. That is much better than having to buy a whole new gunship. The slopes are about 50 cents each aren't they?

Those are some nice designs Rayman! :thumbup: They would be really helpful for people who want a different design other than the one they are given. :classic:

Lego12

I suppose that was the main reason why I started this project. It'd be pretty awesome to see what other designs people come up with in the future. My rate of drawing is too slow! But however

slow I am at drawing, I will try my best to draw up more nose-art as soon as possible.

Also here is sketch and higher resolution image of the Green-Twi'lek for those who are

interested.

This is probably is the main advantage of using stickers over printed pieces. :classic:

Edited by Rayman

Thanks for the decal. When i get my new slope bricks I will apply them. I may try drawing some of my own. Nice job and excellent drawing.

Awesome work.

I'll put a link in the Instructions Q's & A's for this.

I am sure a lot of people will enjoy those stickers :thumbup:

Awesome work.

I'll put a link in the Instructions Q's & A's for this.

I am sure a lot of people will enjoy those stickers :thumbup:

Thanks KimT, please do. I'll be adding more and more gunship artwork over the next two months. So it'd be cool compiling the stickers in a neat link.

Great Work! I look forward to seeing more of these. :thumbup:

Great work!

It makes me want to try some. I can't wait for anything else you present to us. :thumbup:

Thanks KimT, please do. I'll be adding more and more gunship artwork over the next two months. So it'd be cool compiling the stickers in a neat link.

Sure thing :thumbup:

The slopes are about 50 cents each aren't they?

Somewhere in that neighborhood. Not terribly expensive, but not exactly cheap, either. I've been lumping them in with larger orders, so the price sort of evens out.

When i get my new slope bricks I will apply them.

where do you get extra plates? bricklink?

I think, you've done a great job!

I had the ideam too, to make Gunship sticker'S, but yours are really better. So far on question, how did you design the Twi'lek (Which programm)?

And for and idea in the future:

Mak a red Twi'lek, maybay with some blue ''Force Unleashed: Forceweaves''!

greetings Star-Sam

Aw man, all of those stickers that you'll be making make me want to get more gunships. But I won't, I can resist. I'll just buy the white slopes from Bricklink some time and then use those to pretend ( :cry_sad: ) that they're different gunships.

It'd be cool if you were able to pinpoint every official gunship paintings in the series, though it may well be impossible. Good work on finding the green twi'lek. I would have never been able to see it.

Aw man, all of those stickers that you'll be making make me want to get more gunships. But I won't, I can resist. I'll just buy the white slopes from Bricklink some time and then use those to pretend ( :cry_sad: ) that they're different gunships.

It'd be cool if you were able to pinpoint every official gunship paintings in the series, though it may well be impossible. Good work on finding the green twi'lek. I would have never been able to see it.

Haha yeah, I think I'll have the same problem too, gunships here in Australia retail for $200, so there's no way I can buy a ship for each new artwork! :sad:

I have already found another Twi'lek painting on another gunship in the second episode of TCW. But the problem is that the gunship is in the background, and it is too blurry to see. I think I'll have to watch the Blu-ray to find out.

It's a shame because she looks like a red one too! The green twi'lek was actually very hard to find (I didn't see it at all, until I read an article about gunship art on StarWars.com.)

The whole stickersheet including the sketch took me about 10 hours to draw up on Adobe Illustrator. I am a pretty slow drawer. :blush:

Unfortunately I won't be able to finish off any new stickers for the next 3 weeks because I have my end of year exams coming up. However once those are over I'll be free to do as many stickers as I want. :classic:

That is some sweet art there. Fits in great with the Lego style and the Star Wars art. I'd love to see more! :thumbup:

~Peace

This is very nice art :thumbup:

Also took a look through the rest of your gallery.

Their is several cool stuff.

Keep it up!

Consider to make stickers for this RGS?

That would be sweet ;)

-Ras-

Sorry for the slowish update and thanks for your comments :classic: -November was my exam month :thumbdown: ... But the good news is that they're finally over and I am back drawing and designing again.

Amazon.com finally shipped my Clone Wars Blu-Ray a couple of days ago and I have been freeze framing the movie since picking out the quirky little things Lucasfilm has placed in the background.

I managed to spot three new potential artworks to LEGO-fy. Although one is still too grainy to extract - I couldn't believe that 1080 resolution was still not enough!

HUGE WIP IMAGE (about 220 kb)

The pose in the original artwork was ridiculously difficult to get right for a LEGO person, which explains why I have drawn up 2 different leg poses.

One that is faithful to the original drawing and the other more feasible for an Orange LEGO Twi'lek girl to strike. Two alternative Lekku positions were also drawn, and I made a set sporting ARC antennas for kicks and as a homage to Lucky Lekku. I am naming this gunship: Happy Flyer.

Which one do you think should go onto the final gunship sticker?

Gunship art number 4 is also in the works; but it's not a Twi'lek for those who are wondering :wink:

That new nose sticker looks great so far.

Looks like you're going to do another amazing piece of art.