Sign in to follow this  
The Rancor

Which Castle Sets Do you want for 2009?

Which Castle Sets Do You want for 2009?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. What Castle set Do You want to be produced in 2009?

• An Orc Castle
    • An Elf Castle/Forest Castle
    • A more detailed Crownie Watch Tower on It's Own
    • A medieval windmill and farm
    • Extra medieval village add-ons
    • Better battle packs (includings Orcs or Townsfolk)
    • An Elf Tree Hideout
    • An Elf War Machine of their own
    • A battering ram (no, not a seige tower)
    • A trebuchet (minifig scale)
    • More Impulse sets
    • Something Else (Which is specified in user comments)

I voted Orc Castle, so long as it's not a conventional stone castle and more 'orcish' (fuelled by seeing a prelim pic of an orc shaman) and ofcourse for more villager sets, to decorate my castles surrounding lands :sweet:

I would go with elf castle, well, not much of a castle but some sort of hideout with all the trees or on top of a huuuge tree. And maybe one of those trees can be transformed into an ent to protect the hideout and the elves? Orcs ain't supposed to have a castle in my opinion cuz they roam around looting villages and castles. :sadnew:

Add-ons for village is a defnite go so that orcs will have something to loot. Crownies would have troubles defending the civilians cuz they can't take advantage of castle any more. They have to go from strength to strength to take the evil orcs down! Time to enlarge the scale of the crownie army!

Battle packs and impulse sets for dwarves!! Or even another stronghold for them would be perfect to put them back on the map. They are by far the weakest of all.

The presence of some other mythical creatures would also be cool! Zombies for the undead, goblins/shamans for the orcs, griffins for the crownies... More kinds of weapons available for different races would also be appreciated. Combats ain't always about numbers after all. Tactics matter alot too.

A few impulse sets.

A dwarf impulse set maybe.

A village folk impulse too.

A village folk "battle" pack would be nice. just to add civilian casualties >:E

AN ORC/TROLL CASTLE!!! Maybe an orcish village too.

and enough of ballistic items. Every other set has a siege weapon. Don't they ever build small structures for smaller sets nowadays? Like a small dungeon?

I would also vote against Elves... the Castle theme is already "balanced" as of now. An expansion would be great, but that would be exhausting their possibilities too soon. Maybe in 2010.

and I've been thinking... how will the Elves look? their most distinguishing feature

are their ears, how are you going to put ears?

and I've been thinking... how will the Elves look? their most distinguishing feature

are their ears, how are you going to put ears?

Light yellow skin tones perhaps?

Voted for the option - "Additional medieval village of add-ons". The series "The Castle", lacking peace of buildings and villages. Yes, many boys like words such as "war", "Battle", "war", "knights" and so on, but all but completely forgotten that always lands were seized and peaceful people, not just castles populated servants King and rytsaryami with the generals. That is why, I believe that the village and other peaceful construction, such as the medieval mill - does not look like something Village's, especially the combination of peaceful and military sets - would be ideal - and that is to capture and the war. So, the best that can pripodnesti us in 2009 - is a medieval market, I think all seen his picture, and I look forward to other peace building. :sweet:

I have voted for extra medieval village add-ons. I'd consider the windmill and farm as part of that category. The castle town square, which is going to be released next year, is a brilliant start, but I'd love to see more such stuff. If TLC produced more brilliant castle sets like castle town square, I'd definitely start collecting castle sets again.

I voted for the windmill and farm. It would be great to have one of those outside a castle where orcs can pillage it... ;)

I didn't realise you can vote for multiple choices until I had clicked submit and realised my vote didn't change, but was added. Anyway, I voted for a Troll Castle and a Medieval Windmill and Farm. You gotta have a Troll castle, you just have to. Or a Troll encampment of some sort. Hey, there's an idea. A base plate with a bunch of shelters and tents, a camp fire, a small Troll black-smith, maybe a little prison as well. That would be neat.

A windmill + farm would be an awesome addition to the Medieval Market Village, more peasant life would be great. And little additions to the Market Village would be awesome, sets consisting of some stalls and a few peasants + goods, or a small Tudor house, perhaps a court yard with a Jester and audience. Ah, speculation.

~Peace

Light yellow skin tones perhaps?

What, like fleshies? Eww no thanks, besides it was confirmed we won't be getting Elves next year. Where did the idea come from anyway?

Revivals of some of the old sub-themes would also be nice, like forestmen! I missed those forestmen sets when they were released :sick: and now I want them so baaaaaaaaaaaaadly!

A kingdom with no bandits and all is kinda dull.

Why would you want them so badly?

Forestmen sets and figs can be bought on eBay or Bricklink.

I'd rather see a new subtheme be it elves, fairies, mermen or forestmen.

New torsos and new accesory is what I hope for.

We got plenty of torsos for Mr Robin Hood and his friends.

Wolfpack, Forestmen, the blue forestmen torso and the new ones in 10193 Medieval Village Market.

So a nay! on rereleasing

and a yay! on new torsos and accesories.

So a nay! on rereleasing

I agree, more torsos, more variety.

Forestmen sets were okay, but Elves are cooler Forest people with pointy ears... :sweet:

Anyway, we can expect some sort of Forest-y setting for the elves. :wink:

A troll-battlepack would be extremely neat, as it is now it's a bit pricy to build your troll-army. perhaps something like the 7667 Imperial Dropship, but with trolls.

Why would you want them so badly?

Forestmen sets and figs can be bought on eBay or Bricklink.

I'd rather see a new subtheme be it elves, fairies, mermen or forestmen.

New torsos and new accesory is what I hope for.

We got plenty of torsos for Mr Robin Hood and his friends.

Wolfpack, Forestmen, the blue forestmen torso and the new ones in 10193 Medieval Village Market.

So a nay! on rereleasing

:thumbup: I want all these things too. Elves and centuars are definitely something I would like to see ASAP too

The thing for me though is that I can't get some old forestmen sets cuz I am in China, where there is few old sets. :alien:

Buying them off eBay is a bit too costly because of the international shipping fee and the fact that there is little gurantee on quality...

I think TLG should make new sub theme..

as in 2007 undead vs Human, in 2008 orc vs dwarf, in 2009 should elves vs bandit..

so I want elves set an bandit set..

but, I like the village add-on idea (farm and so on), cause it's 2009 now and 10193 has been released..

but I think some of idea here has been granted by TLG.. you could see the prove by looking at unreleased set in 2009..