Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

Well, it changed today on S@H for Ireland to "Backorders accepted, will ship by 26 January", so I got the jitters about availability and went ahead and ordered at the €116.99 price. However, I hope to make up for the high price by buying the more expensive pirate sets from the UK if they appear on amazon.co.uk or the one or two UK toy retailers I've found who ship to Ireland.

I ordered two of these earlier today using a helpful work colleague's address in Northern Ireland for £68.50 each. I have already picked up all the pirates sets in the US in December and will acquire other sets in Northern Ireland when they start to appear in shops (e.g. Argos, where online reservations are possible or Smyths where they have an in-stock guarantee system). Interestingly enough the total postage to Northern Ireland is only £5.50 whereas the euro postage to ROI is over €14. Bring on sterling parity.

Eventually I think that a weak sterling might have some impact on UK prices as the sets aren't made in the UK and it surely costs more in sterling terms to import the sets. Only adverse market conditions will keep the prices down - but then again poor economic conditions have not stopped lego trying to fleece Irish customers interested in 10193.

David

Oof, the shipping for this is half the cost of the actual set. It'll be a good 295 NZD to get this. That's giving me second thoughts... :look:

~Peace

Does anybody know the instuctions number for this set? i just found out that the pirates set instructions are up on lego's cache, so maybe those are also. It's a 7 digit number, like this: 4550002

Hopefully I'll have ordered this set within a month, but I just don't have the $149.99 yet...

Hrm... I haven't heard of that offer. I did get a free pick-a-brick box for spending over $75 though.

The offer was mentioned in the Winter Annual Passholder Newsletter.

I ordered this on Christmas Day I think, and my order status changed today to 'shipped'.

Hopefully should be seeing this in the next few days.

Yeah, i also asked that already...does anybody know it, please??

Edit: Okay, these are the numbers:

Book 1 - 4549347

Book 2 - 4549348

The instructions are not online yet, unfortunately...

Edited by metalandi

I had no idea earlier this day, how lucky i'd get later on. When the door bell rang at about 11 am, i just thought "who's that? no way the set is already here!" I opened the door, and the guy had a package for me, i was surprised that it was not too big, and had no idea what it was..then i read, that it said "lego direct" on the outside! I opened it, and inside there was the box of this lovely set. :wub: I'm kinda surprised how "small" the box actually is, since i'm used to get boxes that are twice as big as what is in it from TLG :hmpf_bad: Just finished building it, and i think i'll be stayig up all night to stare at it. Gotta search the best place in the house for it, for sure :tongue:

Btw., i wrote S@H an email a few days ago, to now when i'll get it, and it took until today they answered, the funny thing is, they wrote that the shipment is in progress right now and it will be shipped tomorrow :hmpf:

Edited by metalandi

I orded the Medieval Market Village dec. 26th 2008.

Today (05_01_2009) it hasn't left the warehouse yet.

I emailed them yesterday, no reply yet either.

Can't wait.

I guess you have to be patient, they take pretty long to answer. But i think it takes longer as usual at the moment, because of the holidays.

Btw., i wrote S@H an email a few days ago, to now when i'll get it, and it took until today they answered, the funny thing is, they wrote that the shipment is in progress right now and it will be shipped tomorrow :hmpf:

Just in case you get it twice now.... I might be interested in some spare parts :devil:

Yeah, i also asked that already...does anybody know it, please??

Edit: Okay, these are the numbers:

Book 1 - 4549347

Book 2 - 4549348

The instructions are not online yet, unfortunately...

Quoting myself here :tongue:

Just enter one of these numbers where the x's are in this link: http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildin...ons/xxxxxxx.pdf

But as i said earlier, they are not online, still.

@DJ Force: Hey, i didn't even think about that! That would be really awesome, but somehow i doubt that they would make such a big mistake :tongue:

Edited by metalandi

I guess you have to be patient, they take pretty long to answer. But i think it takes longer as usual at the moment, because of the holidays.

True,

The order left the warehouse yesterday

And now it's on back order.

Which I for one think is great - it shows how quickly it must have sold in the first weeks of release! Definitely a success then :wub:

I ordered mine Friday Night Shipped from from Mephis ,TN to SC) got it this afternoon.

I still have the blue building to complete but my two youngest kids (8 and 6) havent stopped talking about how cool this set is. I think their comments speak volume to how cool this set is and in some ways has more "playablity" than dozens of other sets aimmed at there age group.

Off to finish my build!

Ordered mine on the 28th and it arrived today along with a load of other stuff.

Looks really nice in the pictures and even better in my house !

Just gotta build it now :classic:

Hurrah!

Mine came yesterday!

/jig

What a great set this is. I have to say, it took me roughly 3 hours to build the minifigs, accesories, and Blacksmith's, but that was with my two year old son 'helping', and the fact that I'd emptied the bads into a big tub to avoid spillage. Probably added two hours on to the process by doing that!

The Inn gets done tonight :classic:

Hurrah!

Mine came yesterday!

/jig

What a great set this is. I have to say, it took me roughly 3 hours to build the minifigs, accesories, and Blacksmith's, but that was with my two year old son 'helping', and the fact that I'd emptied the bads into a big tub to avoid spillage. Probably added two hours on to the process by doing that!

The Inn gets done tonight :classic:

All part of the fun! My girls are used to the numbered bags so much, they get frustrated when sets don't have numberings on the bag.

Actually i was rather surprised myself. when i saw they weren't numbered. :tongue: I could have sworn i saw numbered ones in a review before.

OOOOOOH! What a beautiful set! :blush: I've been waiting for TLC to realese a set like this one! I can't wait to get it! :grin: