Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

Yeah. Obviously, it's still early, and things could change (who knows why), but the general rule is that these types of sets are sold in LEGO Brand Retail stores.

For one thing, SAH has been around for a long time, long before we had LEGO stores. Also, those of you that can walk into a LEGO store, take a look at the Exclusives section next time you go in. This is where you find the sets that other stores don't carry. Green Grocer, Taj Mahal, VW Beetle; these are only found in LEGO stores or on SAH (at least in the states).

At the moment, I can't see why the LEGO stores would not have a shelf reserved for this set. Of course, my store never saw the Peril in Peru set. It was only available on SAH as far as I know. BUT, it wasn't an exclusive, because I saw it at TRU.

Time will tell. Be patient grasshoppers.

Yeah. Obviously, it's still early, and things could change (who knows why), but the general rule is that these types of sets are sold in LEGO Brand Retail stores.

For one thing, SAH has been around for a long time, long before we had LEGO stores. Also, those of you that can walk into a LEGO store, take a look at the Exclusives section next time you go in. This is where you find the sets that other stores don't carry. Green Grocer, Taj Mahal, VW Beetle; these are only found in LEGO stores or on SAH (at least in the states).

At the moment, I can't see why the LEGO stores would not have a shelf reserved for this set. Of course, my store never saw the Peril in Peru set. It was only available on SAH as far as I know. BUT, it wasn't an exclusive, because I saw it at TRU.

Time will tell. Be patient grasshoppers.

but but but, what if I miss out :tongue:

Ill order this off SAH as we will likely have to wait about a year for David Jones in Australia to order it in :hmpf_bad: . They are due to get the Green Grocer in November this year.

Im sure Lego wont sell out of this fine set, and if they do they will simply make some more.

Besides it wouldn't be much in postage

I don't know if these have been posted already, but i found a few closeups of the new maiden fig in duechaser's flickr folder:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/291713...1d4f630b2_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3167/291798...0b737979e_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/291798...4f38126f2_o.jpg

She's also got a printed back :wub:

And also pictures of the new cows:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/291713...987f4b4b8_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/291713...cf5a4d368_o.jpg

Edited by metalandi

The S@H exclusives have always been carried in the Brand Stores from what I know. Stash, correct me if I'm wrong please. The significance is...I don't know. An exclusive set being carried in a brand store. That's the extent of the significance I assume. I don't think we should frontpage it or alert the authorities...

Huh? I wasn't complaining or anything, just saying that if it's a S@H Exclusive, why would they put it in [brand] stores? I suppose for people who don't have the internet (which isn't very many)... Ah well.

Frown, OFF. :tongue:

Two words for all you town lovers out ther: RENNAISSANCE FAIRE!!! You can feature this set into your town with out breaking the charm by making it a rennaissance festival right in your town square or park.

Definitely, I mentioned this earlier. You could easily apply this set to even a modern looking city. I will probably get this for my City and modify the backs and roofs to be modular design. Closed in, 4 walls, removeable floors and roofs, etc. I don't care for the dollhouse open backs but I guess the kids like it that way. My kids love the way we build our stuff with 4 walls as long as they can take floors and roof off to get inside.

Is it me, or does the cow look kinda mega blokish? :alien:

maybe a bit, but how would you suppose how a LEGO cow looked like? It's just the same thing as with the giant Troll/ogre; kinda duploish, but still very nice! :laugh:

I'm already happy the chicken, the rooster and the duck are brick build, i think a mould wouldn't be a good idea for those animals... :sceptic:

Well, for me that's nothing other than with the horses. I think such animals look better if they are made of one piece than they would look brick-built.

Personally I think they look more like Duplo if anything, but I still love them! They are not any worse than the horses which are perfectly fine.

I am so excited about this set! :grin: All of the great new figures and pieces, plus lot of animals, both brick-built and single-piece.

To be honest, i'm looking to the pictures of this set every single day since they came out. I'm already obsessed. :tongue: Can't wait to get it for my birthday in january, this will be on display in my shelf for a long time for sure.

When I get this set for my birthday in february, i'm derictly going to integrate this set in my LEGO town! I only have to mod the smity: other anvil, and get rid of that water wheel (i like the wheel btw, but i already made one by myself).

She's also got a printed back :wub:

mmmmmmm printed back. :classic: I think everything in the set is PERFECT, except for the moo cows. But I suppose that the look has yet to grow on me.

Suprisingly, the thing that I like the most is one of the smallest parts, and that's the market stall. It looks so cute, with all the pots full of food and the little sign. It's very nicely done. To ease the pain of not buying it I'm going to make my own stall in a bit :P

I know this has been asked so many times, but when is it out?

In the UK that is xS

Hoping,

~A.S.

Suprisingly, the thing that I like the most is one of the smallest parts, and that's the market stall. It looks so cute, with all the pots full of food and the little sign. It's very nicely done. To ease the pain of not buying it I'm going to make my own stall in a bit :P

I know this has been asked so many times, but when is it out?

In the UK that is xS

Hoping,

~A.S.

Not soon enough... :cry_sad:

Jan '09

It was shown on Legoworld and the cows looked so good. They also remind me a bit in form of the Polarbear (from Artic)

The market stands looked also very good. I hope they also make some smaller sets with cows and market stands. I think Brickforge had put a great idea in Tlc's mind.

Edited by Wout

Welp, my birthday is February the 10th, so hooray! Unless it's buggering sold out, I should be able to get it for my birthday!

That just leaves Christmas....

I'll probably get the King's Castle Seige, and, because no one has bothered, review it.

So yeah, Christmas Day = My first review!

Mark it on your calenders!

~A.S.

This is an amazing set at a great price. This would even go well in my city I think.

Yeah, if there is a renaissance fair that is! :laugh:

Seriously, though, this is a nice set! :wub: A Castle fan's dream indeed. Great figs, great accessories, great design, great everything. I especially like that it has so many of the new parts from 2009. :thumbup:

However, I won't get it because I'm not into Castle enough to spend so much money on a Castle set. :sceptic:

This set is great! Such a cool village with lots and lots of details! :thumbup: Best LEGO Castle set since the early 90's!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Agreed :thumbup:

Agreed :thumbup:

That is the coolest avatar ever Awesomestar, made me laugh half to death! lol I don't recommend you getting the King's Castle Siege. Even brick journal critisized King's castle siege for being so useless to play with in the interior. Take it from me, I bought the dang thing because I was desperate for a castle, REALLY desperate. When I got it, it was fun to build, but once I finished I could not do much with it. Secondly, the towers are all facades, they are not assessible with minifigs (no ladders, nothing). Thirdly, for one hundred dollars you could do SOOO much more and buy so much more. Save it for the pirate ship or something else, trust me, don't spend it on castle siege. The castle is at best a 6.5/10 and that's not harsh. I have one and I know, I don't like it enough to ever buy an enclosed caste like that ever again because LEGO used too many few pieces to design it, it's like barely a structure when ur done. You will also realize it has more of those prefab parts for the walls of the castle then you can imagine. The individual bricks are very very limited. It just feels like a castle for kids x_x, i would have liked to see it like the taj mahal, cafe corner, green grocer etc. THOSE require some real brick work.

Edited by legobear