Sign in to follow this  
Guss

Pillaging and Liberating (Final)

Erdbeereis 1 : thanks a lot ^^ I like my sea shores like this, and I don't know if I will be able to modify it without a nervous breakdown, so sadly It'll stay like this^^

Zorro3999 : thanks man, I know my english suckss, but as I said, I didn't learn it at school, if you have some advice , they're welcome ( like your French : "natif " >> " natale" :wink: ) if someone don't understand something I wrote, just ask me.

yeah you're the only survivor.. well.. drunk survivor, but Imperialscout is not dead ! well.. maybe he will die soon ^^ and Erdbeereis just ate a rifle butt, maybe he'll survive^^

I'm not really "all out ".. I have some red, dark , and yellow bricks left ( but no yellows tiles...so I can't make the beach smoother, I wish I had! ) , I also have some space stuff and wheels of course :P ( and a lot of minifig that can't be used here, unless it's a space pirate attack ^^ )

My girlfriend offered me the castle advent calendar , and in it there is part I can use!! but she doesn't want me to open it until the december, 1st ... or she'll refuse to.. well.. you understood I think ^^

Jimbutcher : thanks a lot^^ the boat was hard to build with it snot hull, but the result is stronger than I thought ( I kicked it accidentally , and it's still complete! only the mast broke)

anyway, thanks again everyone :pir-grin:

Whoa! This MOC has come a long way since I last saw it! Sorry if it seemed I ever doubted you! :laugh:

There is certainly a lot going on! Loads of fun and detailed scenes everywhere. The only thing I could critisize the creation for is that many of the houses and figures aren't historically accurate, but that's totally understandable if you're not a pirates collector - and it adds diversity to the whole village, really.

There is also a nice background story going on in the descriptions, but it's somewhat hindered by many grammatic and spelling mistakes. The mistakes in spelling, punctuation and capital letters makes the text a bit hard to follow. But you're not a native English speaker, so I won't beat you about it too much. The story is still fun and versatile enough! :wink:

Thanks for this colorful and very detailed creation, I think you have a good chance of grabbing one of the prizes in this category! :grin:

thanks a lot sandy!

that many of the houses and figures aren't historically accurate, but that's totally understandable if you're not a pirates collector - and it adds diversity to the whole village, really.

actually I was a pirate collector, until my mother sold everything ^^ and when I came out of my dark age, the pirate theme disappeared , so I'm really glad that'll come back next year! for this moc I used a lot of city-star wars stuff ( 10144 ) , for the historically correct fact, I think they are not that far of what existed in the 1700-1800, but not in the Caribbean :pir-sweet: and maybe there's too many colours ... 3 coloured houses were not really current ^^

Guss, I see you have made some very well improvements on your MOC. Very good!

What I like:

1. The placement of figures and objects, really nice. Filled but not too cluttered.

2. The feeling you get when looking at it, it really looks like a good harbor and village.

What could be improved:

1. More villians, that's actually the only thing this MOC is missing.

thanks a lot Legoking ^^

thank you DarthPineapple , sadly , I'm running out of minifig :pir-grin: well.. I have city minifig, with police uniform or things like this, some space minifig, but I'm really missing some minifig that can fig in this theme ^^

thanks a lot Buttons ! but I don't think that my moc is really better than yours, more violent, more "bloody",bigger, but not technically better! I like your entry^^ you made the smallest entry for the big category ... and you did well! that's something that must be noticed! ^^

First Post Updated !

Sorry to double post, but I added the character description in the first page ( without the pics ^^ but with link to it, just click on the name of the characters ) , I also modified a little the pictures description, I tried to make it more "readable" , I don't know If it worked, as you noticed, I don't speak english very well ^^ ( and plus I have an horrible french accent! what ? you can't notice it while reading ? sorry, nevermind^^ ) . anyway , I think it'll be the final update, and I think I'll take a lot of pictures of it because I'll surely have to destroy it soon... ( because I don't know where to put it .. little apartment sucksss ! ) . so... Enjoy ^^

of course comments and critics ( and advices ^^ ) are always welcome, even if it'll be hard to photography it again, I'll see what I can do !

Edited by Guss

All the detail you have put into the characters is admirable, the things i like the most are the wrecked/burned ship and the guy pouring water on a pirate, that is LOL, it is clear that you have put a lot of thought into this and i hope you win a prize!

Edited by Talon Karrde

Great work on your entry Guss!

It's very clear that you put a lot of hard work in this and I think it really paid off!

You just have so many great and sometimes funny details which is always a plus for me and the design of the houses and ships is quite nice as well.

I really can't think of anything I would improve upon, so I'll just shut up and say, fantastic job Guss!

it is clear that you have put a lot of thought into this
It's very clear that you put a lot of hard work in this

Pirate is my favourite theme of all times, I really love it, the firs moc I did after my dark age was a pirate ship (I posted it here "sabre des mers" ) , then I did a little diorama, but I wasn't satisfied with it, so I bought some set to have some nice parts to makes pirates mocs ( the 10144 and the 4954 sets ) , I started a moc... and I saw the post about the contest... so I thought " this is the perfect occasion to make something nice with a nice background! ( I love when peoples makes background for their mocs ^^ ) So I worked on it, and here it is^^ I started to build it a little before the announcement of the contest ... So I had some times to improve it ( before I knew about the contest, I wanted to make a pirate village^^ but finally this is an attacked village ^^ ) . The only thing I'm sad about, is that I can't write a really nice background In english :/ (I often use the google translator to translate things^^ )

anyway, It seems that you like it, and I'm very glad of it^^ thanks a lot Talon Karrde and Erdbeereis1 !

Edited by Guss

I love it, it follows the topic to a tee, theres cruelty and bloodshed along witha bit of humor. I like the use of board members in the moc. There is only one thing that i would sudjest changing, and that is thhe one rifle, that is from the western series that the marine on the lighthouse was holding, other than that i hink it is the best one that i have see. Oh, and the story line was verry good too.

Outstanding work Guss! Man Im going to have to get moving on my big entry and raise the bar a bit too by the looks of this great village.

The descriptions for the characters and pictures is a nice touch too.

Bravo.

Thanks a lot Cpt Jr , sadly, I ran out of rifles when I built it , so Imperialscouts have a more modern rifle, but I don't think it's " shocking" ^^ and It's a rifle I got on an adventurer's set^^ not in a western set, sadly , I don't have any sets of this nice theme.

Man Im going to have to get moving on my big entry and raise the bar a bit

I scream clone, you don't have too , you can do a really ugly moc you know! so I'll have some chances to win! :devil: *fear the ISC entry... your mocs are so :pir-wub: I can't imagine how great will be this one*

anyway, thanks you very much ! I'm glad you liked it :blush:

thanks a lot AL FREDDO ^^

Btw I modified my moc before destroying, I make it like if it was 1 week before the attack ( I called it " One week ago" ) Am I allowed to post some pictures of it or must I wait till the end of the contest ?

(they're bad pictures, I don't have the white background anymore and I used not-natural light because I did it at night, but that's funny anyway^^)

Edited by Guss

Guss, you could giveus a link. I was flicking through brickshelf and I was thinking "This reminds me of Guss's entry"and so it was! :pir_laugh2:

do you think it is allowed ? anyway, I'll put the link tonight ( by editing this message, right now I'm at work ^^ )

good work GUSS

love the order of the town.. full of details.. maybe I would built a bulding more big... but it is jus a feeling.. good and fantastic job.. bulding big scenes is No easy

thanks for the comment RoVer, I didn't want to put a biggest building for 2 reasons, first, I don't have a lot of interesting part to makes one once these buildings done, second, I wanted it to look likes a little village, so with little buildings^^

as captain Zuloo said it s allowed here is a link to what does it looks like one week before the attack :

http://guss.teammu.com/modules/extgallery/...album.php?id=33

(there is 2 pages of pics, if you start to watch it with the viewer, you'll have to change the pages once you finished the first one )

I'm hesitating to post it in the entry post ( the first one) , let me know if you think it's allowed and if I must do it or not ^^

Edited by Guss