iH Master 13uilder17

Broken Droid Pieces?

I bought 3 BD battle pack 3 weeks ago. Just today, 2 of my SBD legs broke rendering them useless, and several arms of the BDs have been broken. Where can I get replacements? Are they free? Has this happened to any of you guys? Why am I asking so many questions??? :tongue:

You can replacements here they are usually free if you have proof of purchase. I have never encountered that problem but some of my Battle droid hands have snapped for no reason soon after getting the set.

This has never happened to me, but a few of my brother's Super Battle Droid's arms/ legs haev broken clips, which he superglued. The joint where it broke can not move, but other than that it looks normal.

I've never broken any.

I have had problems with my regular battle droids getting weak and loose.

They can't stand straight anymore :sceptic:

But that's mainly because I left them in the old version MTT. And staying folded in the loader for six months was a little more than they could stand :hmpf:

Generally I handle all my SW figs with care - open set, build set and then carefully disassemble and store until I get a large basement where I can have them on display :wub:

I'd suggest you'd either call LEGO direct and complain or place an order on Bricklink.com for your broken parts.

When I bought Arkham Asylum, the 4 droid arms on the stretcher seemed a bit off. Then a few days later, when I opened the stretcher to put a minifig in (note it had been on display and not been 'played' with before hand), the bar attached to the droid arms simply pulled away, the droid arm clips had all snapped.

I put in an order for replacement parts, and I did say they were not broken when I bought the set, but they were incredibly weak. About a week later I get a package from half-way across the world, 4 new droid arms. :sweet: As of this date they still remain intact. :grin:

~Peace

You know what, I was just about to post this.

About a year ago, I purchased a few Droid BPs. About a week ago, half of my Super Battle droid's arms snapped. However, for those who are having this porblem, and you have hydraxon, then I have a cure for them Look at this:

dscn1033.jpg

I tried this for my new figs and it looks great. Plus it has better hans now. :classic:

On one of my 25 SBD's, the leg joint snapped. I just used tac to fix it. Another few arms on my BDs hands snapped, so I snapped the arms half way so they look like they have been sliced off by a lightsaber! :devil:

J

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I have 14 SBD's and all remain intact so far.Admittably, i don't 'play' with my lego much though.

However, from my 50 or so BD's i have had mabye 3 or so arms of original BDs break, but most sets include extras, so i'm all good.

I Would say complain to lego customer service, they'll give 'em to ya.

The weak arms a result of shoddy molds and bad plastic from the year 2007 (so long ago! :laugh: ). I wouldn't be surprised if mine did the same, if I can find them. :blush:

My SBDs got used in a birthday cake (mine) last year, and were put in warm water to soak. About half of the twenty or so of them broke in some way or another. :sceptic:

Hm, no, this has never happened to me, but it has happened to other fig parts, and these are more fragile, so would imagine they would break easily. I would suggest to not interchange or play with them too much, although TLG might want to improve on this... :sceptic:

Yes, this has happened to me before with SBD's. Mostly, I think the mold is a wierd shape for a clip. 3 of my SBD arms have broken, but I had extras. I've also had Cllone Trooper arms spli in he back, pressure breaks I suppose.

DSR

Yes, this has happened to me before with SBD's. Mostly, I think the mold is a wierd shape for a clip. 3 of my SBD arms have broken, but I had extras. I've also had Cllone Trooper arms spli in he back, pressure breaks I suppose.

DSR

almost like the spoils of war, you have to repair or treat "wounded" soldiers,

Yeah this is a problem that the TLC haven´t improved and I wish they did :cry_sad: . When I first bought the 7163 Republic Gunship I start building the set and when I try to put the arms of the SBD on their torso they just broke away :cry_sad: . Now that minifigs are very rare and goes for like $20 each on ebay and bricklink :thumbdown: . I have this problem in one of the Wookiee Attack BDs too :sceptic: .

You know what, I was just about to post this.

About a year ago, I purchased a few Droid BPs. About a week ago, half of my Super Battle droid's arms snapped. However, for those who are having this porblem, and you have hydraxon, then I have a cure for them Look at this:

dscn1033.jpg

I tried this for my new figs and it looks great. Plus it has better hans now. :classic:

Yeah, I don't really like the battle droids that much. They brake really fast.

Well, yeah, I got the SBD leg connector broken. Maybe is the hard plastic they use. IT will be good if they replace with the one like Magna Droid

same problem here, on normal BD's the hands snap sometimes. I just replace them with the spare white skeleton arms i get in almost EVERY set that has skeletons in it...

Ahem!

Perhaps you guys ought to accept that LEGO isn't a toy?

It's meant for collectors and is to be handled with care.

If it breaks, well then you've been acting childish towards it.

:grin::laugh::wink:

I've never broken any.

I have had problems with my regular battle droids getting weak and loose.

They can't stand straight anymore :sceptic:

But that's mainly because I left them in the old version MTT. And staying folded in the loader for six months was a little more than they could stand :hmpf:

I have the same problem with my droids, but even the ones I didn't put in the old version of the MTT are a little bit weak

However, I've never broken a Lego brick as far as I can remember.

I have found that the clips break mostly because of poor tolerances on the battledroid molds. The pins that the arms and legs are clipped on are not exactly round, but are in fact very slightly oval. Especially when the 'flash' (the plastic residue 'squished' between the mold halves) isn't properly removed or when the mold halves aren't correctly lined up, the shape of pins become even worse.

It often means that when the arms are pointed straight out, there is a lot of extra stress on the clips, compared to when the arms are pointed down. Especially when not using the droids for longer periodes of time, it is advisable to point arms straight down, or remove them altogether (although removing them also causes stress on the clips).

I find that the lightsaber blade also suffers from bad molding and sometimes has the same effect of putting too much stress on clips.

Ahem!

I didn´t play with my SBDs and seven of them have broken legs. I just placed them in dioramas. But it is a much better quality then the blue SBDs had.

I got the gunship when I was little and when I first played with the SBDs both has broken apart. I cried for days... :cry_sad:

EDIT: Broken BD arms can be avoided when you don

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

That always happens to me with my SBD. It is from taking on and putting back on the arms too often.

The leg clip on one of my metal blue SBDs from 7163 spontaneously broke quite recently. I have two of 'em and both have been displayed since the day I got them. I was a bit gutted but have put in an order for a replacement.. hope I get it!

Ahem!

Ummm if Lego was for collectors why is the age limit 8+ on some of the sets?

And I have been playing with the original battle droid carrier droids and their arms never broke.