Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

Tiger tank mk.1,

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Since i was stumbling over my grey pieces and i always wanted to build 1, i present you my tiger tank.

It's in an exact 1:40 scale, does it need any further explanation? :tongue:

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

Yes i am still missing a grey hinge plate with 2 fingers.....if anybody has a spare one, i'd be much obliged...

A closeup of the barrel tip:

f.jpg

The Brickarms XX coronel that has turned into a fleshie and the SMG:

g.jpg

In the future i would like to make some of these on railcars, that is the reason why it's 12 wide, the cars will look like this:

022706_4.jpg

More pictures in the BS folder, when moderated ofcourse.

Enjoy!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Looks good :thumbup: .

It looks amazing !

Is it 100% Lego?

If yes,I would present this to TLC, maybe they would finally consider a WWII line if they see great MOCs like yours.

What about a Russian T-34 tank? Shermans? German Mark IVSpecials??? Or a Japanes "tankette"?

Have you build tanks before? If so, please provide us newbies with a link...

Keep up the good work!

PS: I zend je het grijze stukje als je me jouw adres even PMt, ik heb wel enkel nog een onderstukje, maar het bovenstuk heb je blijkbaar al.

Very Well Done! I see a number of places where you managed to use basic bricks to great effect without having to resort to more extreme techniques. I'd love to see this on a train car with equipment.

Great work as always! :wub: I think you've captured the look quite well. I especially like the simple muzzle brake solution.

Are you deliberatly mixing bley and old grey? It looks good eitherway.

And it was finally finished!

You have not only succeeded in creating a really good replica of the old machine of war, but you did it (as far as I can tell) without using illegal building techniques! Kudos for that.

Now. If only you could find some "Technic Disc 3 x 3 with Axlehole" 2958.png for the tracks (the closest color they are made in is dark gray) :wink:

My favorite parts of this awesome lego creation are the treads with the wheels positioned perfectly, and the fuel tanks? on the back.

What a lovely little tank Captain :wink: The details are really nice, I love that machine gun and colonel.

I hope I can see it IRL someday soon. But I'm pretty sure I will.

Anyway keep up the good work on all of your projects. :thumbup:

Errorist

It looks amazing !

Is it 100% Lego?

If yes,I would present this to TLC, maybe they would finally consider a WWII line if they see great MOCs like yours.

What about a Russian T-34 tank? Shermans? German Mark IVSpecials??? Or a Japanes "tankette"?

Have you build tanks before? If so, please provide us newbies with a link...

Keep up the good work!

PS: I zend je het grijze stukje als je me jouw adres even PMt, ik heb wel enkel nog een onderstukje, maar het bovenstuk heb je blijkbaar al.

Thanks, yes it is 100% lego.

The fig and SMG came from brickarms and the stickers are made by me though.

Great work as always! :wub: I think you've captured the look quite well. I especially like the simple muzzle brake solution.

Are you deliberatly mixing bley and old grey? It looks good eitherway.

No, just using what i have since i have no budget other then the ship i'm working on.

Now. If only you could find some "Technic Disc 3 x 3 with Axlehole" 2958.png for the tracks (the closest color they are made in is dark gray) :wink:

The dark grey color is exactly the problem i have with those. I see the holes in the wheels as bolts, and i quite like them as they are.

My favorite parts of this awesome lego creation are the treads with the wheels positioned perfectly, and the fuel tanks? on the back.

Feul tanks on the back of a tank...are you crazy? :tongue:

nice tank Oo , really awesome, I can't wait to see it on it railcars!

Dear CGH,

nice tank! i like the mixing of light grey and bley.

It gives the tank a realistic and weathered look!

Kind regards,

Teddy

What are those arc type pieces on the tank commanders hatch? I've been fussing over my StuG III trying to get the hatch right. BTW looks VERY nice.

nice tank Oo , really awesome, I can't wait to see it on it railcars!

Thanks, me neither :grin:

Dear CGH,

nice tank! i like the mixing of light grey and bley.

It gives the tank a realistic and weathered look!

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanls, although this wasn't intended it indeed looks nice :sweet:

That is a phenomenal tiger, absolutely love it! you should do up some instructions! :classic:

Thanks, unfortunatly i suck at LDD and such, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

If you need specific pics, or have questions let me know :wink:

What are those arc type pieces on the tank commanders hatch? I've been fussing over my StuG III trying to get the hatch right. BTW looks VERY nice.

I'm not sure wich part you mean exactly...

Ah excellent! thanks for that, was kinda hoping it was hollow on the inside. meh. Started a topic on my version 2.0 of my StuG. Funny that link didn't work for the convoy... I already had a Topic in the Licensed Forum since it was originally made for my boys when they play Indiana Jones (note these 2 Stugs are the first attempt version ones) see if this works http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=20930 or this http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=339832

Ah that's this part.

Your link turned up empty, but feel free to start a topic on your Stug convoy :wink:

Edited by Aaron Morse

I believe I can find one of those fandangled 1x2 hinge plates... for a price, of course. I don't know... How about that german Colonel? :tongue:

This piece. BTW check out my Stug convoy http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/70985

that's a 4*4 plate round (like in the good wizard impukse set)

Bad part is that you have to remove the minifig's legs in order to put him on it...

A very nice tank, where does it see action? Western front, Eastern front, North Africa?

I'm making something similar at the moment ;-)

TT

Yeah, I got all excited when I saw that piece thinking that it was like a flatter version of this piece

3063.gif

Bad part is that you have to remove the minifig's legs in order to put him on it...

A very nice tank, where does it see action? Western front, Eastern front, North Africa?

TT

Edited by Aaron Morse

Thanks guys! :sweet:

TT

Since it is grey it is fighting in the Western front.

I'd say white tanks would be in the eastern and tan ones in Africa just to keep things simple. :laugh:

Yeah, I got all excited when I saw that piece thinking that it was like a flatter version of this piece

3063.gif

That would be really cool to have when building tanks indeed. (We could cut them... :look: )