Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

PTV: Hang, ya Scurvy Dog!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 18d

Hi everyone, here is my first entry for the Pillage the Village contest, the vignette I like to call "Hang, ya scurvy Dog!". It takes place on a pirate ship in a cell, and displays a poor old fellow who happened to have lots of precious valubles on him. Unfortunately for him, he crossed path with the evil Captain Furious and his crew...

2888310785_18767f14e0_o.jpg

Our twisted Captain goes below deck to check on his tortured prisoner. Poor bloke just couldn't stand the pain of the knife in his stomach, and the ring of blades wrapped around him, as well his his leg and arm being ruthlessly torn off, and ended up hanging himself...

2888310973_e5749e7244_o.jpg

Furious watches as the lurking creatures eat up the limbs of the victim... blood drips to the floor...

2888311157_0ca1f853d0_o.jpg

Blood is everywhere, and the bugs fill up on the leg that was ripped off by the chain.

2889144694_c6b0e2bffe_o.jpg

2889144838_cfee6a3771_o.jpg

A scummy crew member is curious. He peeks through the floor spacing, and almost vomits as a result.2888311553_2d4c3b4790_o.jpg

The place is crawling with creepy-crawlies.

-------------------------------------

So that's my small entry for the PTV contest, I hope you like it. Yes, it's very gory and violent, but that's the whole reason for the contest, isn't it? :pir-skull: Feel free to leave some feedback! :pir-classic:

Thats what were expecting to see Jimbutcher, you have not stolen your name!

Good MOC

Edited by zorro3999

You've made this in exactly the bloody and gory and disgusting fashion I'd expect in a contest like this!

I can fully understand why the crewmember nearly has to vomit.. :pir-skull:

Something I think you could improve on though:

This scene is on ship right? The doorframe does look like a brick wall to me though. :pir-blush: Just a minor thing, however, I'm not even sure what piece I would use myself to make it look more ship-py(If that's even a word :pir_laugh2: )

Lastly, I would use a dark brown plate for the base, and a black hatch piece. Again for the ship-looks.

Hm, that's a very nice and gory entry! :thumbup: I'm not quite sure, though, if it fits the theme of "Pillage the Village", but I think it said somewhere that you can do the aftermath of a pillage as well, so I guess this would fit into that category.

And I agree that the brick wall door way seems out of place. Other than that, good job, and good luck, mate! :pir-classic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

excellent! I love how you made it really gore and cruel!

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. :pir-classic: I agree that the stone door is out of place, but it's the only one I had. I think I am going to keep the grille piece grey, though, since it could be a grey painted boat. Oky Wan, I don't think the name of the contest is meant to be taken literally. Of course, you can do a Pillage the Village MOC, but I think the name is just a clever rhyme, and the contest is for anything and everything gory and cruel that pirates do. Although I am not the one to decide this so... :pir-blush:

This is a really nice entry JimButcher! :thumbup:

It has many nice details. I especially like the ants on the floor. The spider web is also a nice touch.

I can't really think of any criticism to make on this, except like the others have said about the brick wall. But that's really not a big problem.

Great work!

The concept it great and I think you pulled it off well.

Captain Furious is an interesting name. :pir-tongue:

I think it may be missing something I just don't know what.

Still a good MOC.

~NewRight

P.S. Nice name.

Edited by NewRight

Somehow this reminds me of the Saw movies. :pir-skull:

Very nicely done, blood and gore on!

This is a really nice entry JimButcher! :thumbup:

It has many nice details. I especially like the ants on the floor. The spider web is also a nice touch.

I can't really think of any criticism to make on this, except like the others have said about the brick wall. But that's really not a big problem.

Great work!

Thanks, Strawberry, and congrats on becoming a Fellow! :pir-classic:

The concept it great and I think you pulled it off well.

Captain Furious is an interesting name. :pir-tongue:

I think it may be missing something I just don't know what.

Still a good MOC.

~NewRight

P.S. Nice name.

Yeah, I couldn't really think of a more interesting name... Perhaps the thing that you think is missing is some walls on the sides? They kind of make it look bare, but then I think it would be too crowded and too hard to take pics of. Thanks. :pir-classic:

The dagger in his belly looks a bit like a humanoid reproduction facility :pir_laugh2:

:pir_laugh2:

Somehow this reminds me of the Saw movies. :pir-skull:

Very nicely done, blood and gore on!

I haven't seen those movies, but it's good to know this is that scary :pir_laugh2:. I actually had this in the works as an alternate chamber entry about a month ago (long after the contest ended). I originally just had it as the bad kid being hanged, but then this wonderful contest came up. :pir-skull:

The dagger in his belly looks a bit like a humanoid reproduction facility :pir_laugh2:

You seem to think about that alot, don't you? :pir-tongue:

Jim Butcher, this is a good MOC, but there are things that could definately be improved. It gives a castle vibe, with the stone wall and the gray deck. I don't think it's too bloody myself, but that's because of what I've got planned, probably.

This is a nice creation. How long did it take you to make? I liked how you used the spider web and the neon red as blood. Nice touch, makes it look realistic. It is pretty cool how you used the barb wire and wraped it around the prisoner and the the knife stuck into his stomach. You have created the skeleton very well with precise detail. It is kind of funny how you have the guy ontop of the cellar watching the pirate and skeleton. Is that a knights minifig torso? It looks great with the pirate you put together.

Overall- It is a great creation and I like the use of the Dungun Scene and great use of detail! Good luck!

LegoKing

Okay. This is a very great MOC. If you have a ship, that would be really cool in it. The wall is the only problem I see, other than that, this is a winning MOC! :jollyroger:

Okay. This is a very great MOC. If you have a ship, that would be really cool in it. The wall is the only problem I see, other than that, this is a winning MOC! :jollyroger:

Thomas B. you can't have a ship in a small PTV, only in large PTV entries.

Thanks for the feedback, guys, although this isn't a WIP at this point. I may go back and add some more details, but my main focus for now is my other entries. I appreciate your interest, though! :pir-sweet:

Thanks, Jim. I just wanted to give you feedback for future MOCs. LegoKing, I know that! I meant as in a large entry! And you could have a ship as a small entry! Just make it non-minifigure scale!

MOC On! :jollyroger:

This is perfect! Depicts fanasticly the evil of the pirates!

For improvements, I could only say that the corpse wouldn't be a skeleton that quick. But for LEGO models, I think it is acceptable. I am being very critical here, but that is for the sole reason that there is nothing to improve! Keep up the good work, and good luck! :pir-classic:

This is one very good entry, but there are some minor improvements that I notice:

1. The blood doesn't look like it's quite coming out of the right places, and could be moved a little closer to the person.

2. The color of the wall is inconsistent- part of it is brown while the other is tan. Perhaps if it was all one color, it would look better.

3. The hole in the 1x1 brown brick looks out of place, and would look better as a regular brick.

4. It doesn't QUITE go with pillaging a village, though it's almost there.

Other than that, a very good entry!

First off, I apologize for not responding to this quicker, it's just that this forum is so busy lately! :pir-blush:

This is perfect! Depicts fanasticly the evil of the pirates!

For improvements, I could only say that the corpse wouldn't be a skeleton that quick. But for LEGO models, I think it is acceptable. I am being very critical here, but that is for the sole reason that there is nothing to improve! Keep up the good work, and good luck! :pir-classic:

Thanks, Zuloo. :pir-blush: Let's just say that the captain hasn't checked on the prisoner for a few months... :pir_laugh2: nah, it's just to make the MOC creepier.

This is one very good entry, but there are some minor improvements that I notice:

1. The blood doesn't look like it's quite coming out of the right places, and could be moved a little closer to the person.

2. The color of the wall is inconsistent- part of it is brown while the other is tan. Perhaps if it was all one color, it would look better.

3. The hole in the 1x1 brown brick looks out of place, and would look better as a regular brick.

4. It doesn't QUITE go with pillaging a village, though it's almost there.

Other than that, a very good entry!

Thanks, Adam!

1. Hm, perhaps your right, I'll keep that in mind while building my other entries. :pir-classic:

2. I agree that the door is out of place, but I personally think the rest is fine. The grey floors are painted that way, and the broken support is just wood. :pir-classic:

3. Hmm... yeah, I suppose you're right, but I was going for the 'damaged' look in this one.

4. Cruelty: yes, I think so Pillaging: no, but I'm not worried, since I wasn't informed of a disqualification. :pir_laugh2: