Legoking

Favorite Pirate LEGO set?

I only have a couple of pirate ships, and fortunately My favorite, 6274 Caribbean Clipper is one of them!

I added a couple of the new tridents onto mine, near the front where there is this random little round piece sticking out. It helps add some details. I also really like the ships blue sails...(mayhaps because I'm a Bluecoat? :pir-wink: )

But as for "real" sets, it's definitely the new Imperial Flagship for me! The sheer detail on the interior makes it so outstanding! Wish I had the cash to get it.

Maybe if you didnt buy so many toy-story sets.... Just kidding! :pir-grin:

I really do need to grab one myself...

My favorite will always be 6274 Caribbean Clipper. Over the years, I've gone through phases of making slight modifications to it and then removing the mods to return it to its original glory. By now, I'm found a good compromise in design. Overall, I like the evolution of Lego ship designs and wish I had the two currently available (BB and Imperial Flagship), but nothing tops the original Caribbean Clipper. If there's ever another continuation of Pirates sets and Bluecoats return, I'll immediately want to snatch up ships that match the Caribbean Clipper.

King Kahuka's throne, It's a good Islander set comes with good figs and isn't expensive off ebay.Unfortunatly I do not posess it at the mo, but I soon will! :pirate_skel1:

A tie between King Kahuka and the Imperial Flagship. King Kahuka was, before my collection was given away, the oldest set I owned by far. It also came with my favorite minifigure- King Kahuka himself! The Imperial Flagship is a monster of a ship, ready to rip up the seas and storm illegitimate pirate forts with the power of its broadsides- ah, now I'm just getting romantic!

A tie between King Kahuka and the Imperial Flagship.

Is that the original 6271 Imperial Flagship released in 1992 or the more 10210 Imperial Flagship?

Out of sets I own it would be the imperial flagship (new one) but if I had every pirate set I would say the BSB in terms of ships and Imperial trading post as a close second.

I really like Loot Island. It's a cheap and modest little set, but it has a ton of playability. There's an endless amount of scenarios you can play with it. Great value.

6277 Imperial Trading Post for me. I think it's still unsurpassed on the front of playability: it has a fortified tower, a harbour, a ship, a rowboat, that's all you need to recreate any sort of swashbuckling adventures! :pir_laugh2:

You know, I'd have to say, Sabre island. Also my first pirate set. I remember building it, them immediately building my own ship out of white blocks (All i had back then).

Khaine

BSB for sure. I got it when I was around the age of 8 and it was always the crown jewel of my Lego collection. Plus to me even today, its the pinnacle of the LEGO pirates line.

It would be better off if it was for sets we own. (Because we'd have build and play experience instead of looking at pictures on the internet)

I'd say Soldier's Fort. I love the colorscheme, and the overall feel of the set. It features lots of playability, especially the crane, the break-able prison wall, and the spinning cannon. The flag is also a very useful piece for other Imperial Soldier Fort MOCs. The minifigures are even better, and I love all of them. The pieces included are great for building your own fort as well.

Merge!

On the seven seas what what is your favorite set (you don't need to own the set)?

You need to use the search function next time.

Saw that one coming, Mr. Phredit! As for the question... hmm. As a child I couldn't decide whether I liked the Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading Post best (among non-ship sets at least). EF had an unmatchable charm that hasn't faded after all these years. The ITP was bigger and had more minifigs and cannons and that lovely merchant vessel (not quite a ship!) but just couldn't quite match the appeal of EF. As for the ships - boy, that's tough. If I had to choose just one I think it would be the first Imperial Flagship because of it's smooth, sleek design and the fast rigging. Still, it's a tough call and the iconic BSB is hard to overlook. I wouldn't vote for 10210 IFS - it's large, full-rigged, and looks reasonably well but I'd never call it charming.

Skull Eye Schooner, by far my allstar favorite set from childhood and it still keeps its place!

Out of sets that I own... it would have to be BSB that I got only recently. I also like Skeleton Crew because it was the only pirate set I had as a wee lad. I was born in 93 so I missed out on a lot of pirates. I also kind of like Red Beard Runner for nostalgic reasons. We (my brother and I) have the rerelease. I remember when we bought it, we didn't know that it was a rerelease so we thought we had been lucky to find a very old set. The old Redbeard is such an awesome figure!

2010 Imperial Flagship is my favorite. I would like to see more like it.

That is one set I don't own.

The BSB is my favorite. Part nostalgia, and part great set. There is not much modification needed to switch it between a pirate, imperial guard, or merchant vessel, which I think fits nicely with actual ships. As a set, I think its construction and piece usage is better than the Bounties and POTC ship sets.

Saw that one coming, Mr. Phredit!

:laugh: I guess I'll have to stop Phrediting my posts and just try editing them.

Black Seas Barracuda. No contest. This set is just so fantastic it should be put in museums. I kid you not.

SES Is my favorit set. As a child I thought Bsb would be better, but now SES.

Phred, I agree completly about the BSB. As a child I actually liked the SES better but the BSB can play more roles more easily. I don't own either one but I do have the big IFS. Choices, choices.

Imperial Flagship or Imperial Trading Post. Sadly, I own neither.

I think if I were looking at the ships as a "whole" I would like them the best, but the forbidden island set was my first real pirate base. I have such a fondness for it, that I think it still stays my favorite. The play value it offers is huge. The rope bridge, the cannon, lookout tower and the jail. The trapdoor and the lagoon. All of the animals are represented, treasure and those glorious palm leaves. Even as a pirates parts-pack it has a little of everything.

6270-1.jpg