Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Does the LEGO Pirate Forum take too long to load?

How does it perform?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Pirate Forum take too long to load?

• Yes, much too long
    • Yes, but the graphics are worth it
    • The load time is reasonable
    • No, loads quickly for me
  2. 2. How fast is your Internet connection?

• Less than 128K or dial up
    • 512K to 768K
    • Greater than 1500K

Once I turned off the ebay advertisements, the forum loads just as quickly for me as any of the other forums. :]

It is ok for me. It loads pretty fast.

Edited by LegoKing

Unfortunately people that are at the other side of the world ( Australia, Japan, China... ) will have trouble connecting to Eurobricks because of the distance :/ that's sad :/

distance has nothing to do with it. The only things that matter to bring up any website is a good internet provider, if the provider isnt doing his best your not getting on a website fast. Besides that, the speed of your internet counts big time, got low speed? then you will load pages slowly. Also the PC you're on has a big part of the loading of pages, have a slow pc, then espect the same as a low connection, just wouldnt work right. so has nothing to do with this website at all :pir-tongue: just tells the user in question has a problem ;)

Is it correct that you are living in Japan?

It's very strange to hear how slow EBs is for you. Our server is located in Germany and for me (I live in Belgium) Eurobricks is loading incredibly fast. Really speed of light. So the problem is for sure not our server. I doubt if there is anything we can do to improve this for you.

Yeah, I'm in Japan. Eurobricks is by far the slowest website I visit regularly (and most of my regular sites are overseas in N. America or Europe) and frequently (2-3 times per week) it doesn't load at all and I just have to try again later.

Edited by Tenorikuma

This is weird: I click on the forums tab on the classic-pirates.com frontpage and I get this error: Firefox can't find the server at forum.classic-pirates.com.

Classic-Pirates.com has just been moved to a better server and I'd forgot to reinstate the forum.classic-pirates.com sub-domain.

It should be working now.

Well I'm the only one who has voted who is on dial up :pir-cry_sad: how depressing is that haha!

I think it's a fairly good load time, considering some of the other forums I visit.