Fat Tony

Castaway Treehouse

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 18-c

This was something I had been wanting to build for a while now. A contest just gave me more of an incentive.

zzztreehousethumb.jpg

Inspired by Tarzan's treehouse from Disneyland, as well as the old Swiss Family treehouse. I would have liked

to add a water wheel but I don't know where and it wouldn't have made much sense.

More photos of it over here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/73961

This is great! The variety of green plates to make leaves is impressive, and I like the rocks and sea form. The trans-blue plates in the wavy pattern is great too!

Inspired by Tarzan's treehouse from Disneyland, as well as the old Swiss Family treehouse. I would have liked

to add a water wheel but I don't know where and it wouldn't have made much sense.

Break out the Swisskapolka!

WOW, thats a great MOC, I like the bed, the cute monkeys and the barrel net, as well as the treehouse itself! The water supply in the boat, the net with food?,... Too many things to say, You are a creative man!

If I had made it, I would have made a bigger isle and sea, but thats just a personnal look, it doesnt do anything about the fact your Castaway Treehouse is one big winner loaded with details!

Ps: I would like to live in your treehouse !

Edited by zorro3999

Fat Tony, I like how you've positioned the BURPs on an angle. It's something quite commonly seem in natural geological formations but I think this is the first time I've seen someone use it in a MOC. Well a Pirate MOC at least.

Fat Tony, I like how you've positioned the BURPs on an angle. It's something quite commonly seem in natural geological formations but I think this is the first time I've seen someone use it in a MOC. Well a Pirate MOC at least.

Ah yes. A very good method of building. I am gettin quite concerned with all of these fantastic MOC's popping up everywhere. I might not win PTV! :pir_bawling:

Great MOC! I like the multi-storey structure and the leaves made of different shades of green. And of course the big amount of details!

Arrr! No one's gonna believe me now, but I made a similar thing in my Pillage The Village contest entry, which I'm completing right now and I'm planning to show you when it's done. And while building it I wasn't yet aware of your MOC so it's just a pure coincidence. Bad luck for me. :pir-tongue: Please bear in mind that I am a geologist myself (mentioned that a few times already on this board) so while watching MOCs I always pay attention to such things shown in Lego form, and I came up with this idea myself, just like you. :pir-classic: And of course the rocks in your MOC look awesome!

Edited by Dreamweb

Dont worry, we believe you (or at least I do), and as far as I know, he didnt pattend it! (i sure hope thats an english word)

Im waiting for yours, you will have a lot of trouble making a better MOC , because this one is awesome!

(just trying to use reverse psychology on you to get the most out of it :pir_laugh2: )

Aye, but they're made for two different contests... Which of course does not change the fact that this here MOC is great, nor the fact that I'm expecting quite a few great MOCs made for the PTV contest to show up, so the competition is gonna be really tough! :jollyroger::pir-classic:

Fantastic ... too many things to comment on; as others have said, the water wave and foam effects are spectacular; I like the unusual angle of the rocks (this is esp. impressive to me since I would have no idea going about recreating this effect); the hammock; the use of the islander legs ... the whole thing is great. Very authentic vibe to it.

~ Medievalego ~

Great MOC. All the details are great. I'm jealous and in love. :pir-wub:

Well all of us really like Lego, but to say you love it? You need to get out more! :pir_laugh2:

That is a brilliant model. Nicely done! Leave it to a geologist to make the nicest Lego rock outcropping I've ever seen!

Does that mean that Mr. Fat Tony is a geologist as well? If that's the case, I'm glad to hear it. Or are you just confusing him with me, which would be unfortunate as I'm nowhere as skilled a builder as he is. :pir-classic:

Does that mean that Mr. Fat Tony is a geologist as well? If that's the case, I'm glad to hear it. Or are you just confusing him with me, which would be unfortunate as I'm nowhere as skilled a builder as he is. :pir-classic:

Sorry, I got your quotes mixed up. So he made that cool formation without even being a geologist then! :pir-grin:

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Oh my god. This is great. How long did this take you to build?

I've worked on it over a three week period, a couple of hours here and there when I could.

No, I'm no geologist, just a LEGOmaniac looking for some way to make a rock look different.

Now if I can just find some time for the PTV contest! :pir_laugh2:

Swisskapolka on!

Thats what i wanted to hear, some expert builders starting on their PTV MOC.

I know I can learn a lot about the newest techniques.

HE SAW...

HE CAME AND HE COPIED....

AND HE CONQUERED AND WON THE CONTEST ! :pir-laugh: