Sign in to follow this  
I Scream Clone

5610 Cement Mixer Review

Mix it Up!

Who says a Lego Town doesn’t need a small mobile Concrete Mixer? Sometimes a giant cement mixer just can’t reach the tight winding streets or docklands. Then who will do the job?

That’s right you better call for

Jim the Concrete Guy!

Ssshhhhh We need some concrete over at the docks, roger! sssshhhhhshshhh Cant you just send in the Concrete truck?, over! ssssshhhhh Wont fit out on the narrow pathways, over! Sssssss Ok, Im on my way!

Set Name: Builder

Year of release: 2008

Set Number: #5610

Pieces: 23

Price: 5.99 Aus/3.49 US/1.99 GBP/ 3.29 EUR

S@H

Bricklink

First up we have the Box viewed from front and back

01Builder.jpg

02Builder.jpg

Some shots of the instructions.

03Builder.jpg

04Builder.jpg

Next we see all 23 pieces in this set.

05Builder.jpg

A progress shot to show the complexity of the build.

06Builder.jpg

Here we see the finished product!

07Builder.jpg

A shot next to the box.

09Builder.jpg

Summary

In summary, some of my thoughts on this set

Design: 9/10 This is an ingenious design for such a small set, a nice feature of this set is the cement mixer actually rotates when you push the cart on its wheels. Very nicely done Lego!

Playability: 9/10 Great playability as you can arrive on the scene of any MOC and help out with construction work

Pricing: 8/10 Whilst this set isn't cost prohibitive, it is just a little more than you would want to pay to buy an army of impulse sets.

Overall: 9/10 This is a great set with cool parts and a rotating mixer feature

All in all, this is a great army building set, perfect for the local council to stop any citizen uprising in its tracks! :laugh:

Bonus: One of the many uses for concrete!

Jar Jar: Messa ready for my new concrete shoes okiday!

08Builder.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to read my review! :classic:

Cheers ISC

My Photobucket

Ooh, poor Jar Jar. I'll go see whether I can find mine and have him take a spin in the cement mixer (set 7990).

It's a nice review and I completely agree with it. I own a copy of this set (I got it as a gift). Sure, it's tiny and the actual mixer is probably a bit big for the minifigure, but I really do like it. The drum touches the tire which means that if you drive it around, the drum actually spins. It wouldn't on a real mixer, actually, but is a really nifty feature. For such a tiny set it also has a number of very nice parts -mainly the open-topped cone that forms much of the drum. It inspired me to build my builders van.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks for the review. I've always found small sets the hardest to review, because there's often not much to tell about them.

Anyway, nice pics and comments. I'm quite tempted to buy one for myself. It isn't expensive and a rotating mixer is just an amazing feature. But I agree to Ralph_S: the mixer is a bit too big.

What's going to happen to Jar Jar with all the concrete on his feet? Is he going to be thrown into a river or lake or what? :wink:

Edited by legotrainfan

What's going to happen to Jar Jar with all the concrete on his feet? Is he going to be thrown into a river or lake or what? :wink:

Nah, We'll tell him to jump into the ocean.... [That way it looks like an accident :devil: ]

Nice review :thumbup:

I might get this set I dont know If I end up geting the cement truck [Probable] then I will probable get this too :classic:

Thanks for an exceptionally good review of such a small set. :tongue:

Well done indeed, I will make my first review after this weekend...(volunteer work)

These small "impulse" sets do cost much/more in comparison to bigger sets though. Thats why I mostly buy bigger ones, this one is cool but I dont have modern city Lego.