• 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

Divers Sea Hunt

Set #: 6555

Year Released: 1997

Piece Count: 30

Minifigs: 1

List Price: $4.50 (USD)

Sea Hunter was the smallest set of the Divers theme. It included one minifig, a hammerhead shark, a small motor boat, undersea rock formation, and treasure chest. The set was a great starter set that even had a few accessories for treasure hunting. With a US price of $4.50 (under $10), what more could you want in a little set like this?

Starting with the box:

01box1.jpg

The backside of the box. Even this little set has an alternate model pictured:

02box2.jpg

The instructions have the same photo as the box:

03instruct1.jpg

One little Diver Dude is included in the set:

04fig1.jpg

Here's a shot with his helmet off so you can see his head:

05fig2.jpg

Accessories include a spear gun, treasure chest, and three round 1x1s that serve as treasure. Gems and/or gold pieces would have been a nicer addition.

06access.jpg

And this printed flag so that the diver can remember where the treasure is if he needs to come back to the site:

07flag.jpg

But watch out! Treasure waters are infested with sharks:

08shark.jpg

The set includes a nice little rock formation with undersea plant:

09plant.jpg

Here's the Diver's bright yellow motor boat. I always wondered if these really float?

10boat.jpg

Lastly, the complete set:

11set.jpg

I think this is an awesome little set packed with lots of extras for great playability!

It can be compared to Aqua Raiders #7770: Deep Sea Treasure Hunter with 75 pieces - released ten years later in 2007:

Hope you enjoy this classic DIVERS set.

EDIT: For those of you looking for some American movies related to the Divers Theme, here's a few movie references:

Into the Blue (2005)

Fool's Gold (2008)

Another great divers' review! :thumbup:

I simply enjoyed exploring your reviews, looking into deep blue. This small set is lovely, and can be considered as the modern day impulse set. However, with this raft design, it seemed a little too big to contain within the box. This set includes a lovely diver minifig, with its full gear. I can imagine the diver working with the Aqua Raiders. The printed flag is a nice handy part, to signal barriers. With a yellow raft, shark and treasure chest, what more could you ask for? I must admit that this is a great set, to start with if you are intending to go with Divers.

The best part is, the fun does not end here. You could integrate the divers into any City or Classic Town era. I think they have done a pretty good job. It's a pity that I missed these entire theme during my dark age. No doubt about this set for me, a "5". Thanks Brickster for showing part 2. EB members, part 3 and 4 is going to be much exciting! :sweet:

Oh, I noticed something special about your poll! Watch out for TheBrickster! :devil:

nice review !!

Here's the Diver's bright yellow motor boat. I always wondered if these really float?

Why don't you try ? ^^

Wow! Here is another line I had no idea existed! Nice little set, and provided there are no holes in the boat you should give it a try in the bath tonight :tongue:

I love your 2 reviews so far of this theme. They should definitely bring it back and scrap coast guard. By the way the smallest diver set was 2871 I think.

Wonderful review, thank you so much!

I think Divers should really see a revival.

Couldnt agree more, i want them back too!

I could use them as some form of modern pirates.

i gave it a 4 (above average) because you get that waht you've paid for.

And you can have fun with it, even with the few pieces alone.

A good small set from a theme that seems to be top-heavy in the larger sets (4 sets originally priced above $40 USD). The zodiac is essentially the reason to get this set, if you don't have one already.

What a cute set! I love the engine on the boat. :thumbup:

Great review. :classic:

nice review.

About the boat, I have a light bley boat (from 2005) and he does.

I like the different shark and the printed flag (wish they had them in the Krusty Krab)

Great review! :thumbup: I own this set too!

Divers is one of two themes I know of that are aching for a revival, the other being Outback.