Sign in to follow this  
hippotam

Fire on the deck!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 17d

Hi!

Here's a quick one. I build a raft for a larger diorama, but it didn't really fit there. I liked it though, so I assembled this quick vignette:

Fire on the deck!

2879820091_765fb1d221_d.jpg

Hippotam, I never realised you were such a talented builder! Quite obviously I should get out of this Pirate Forum more often!

That water effect looks very interesting, is there a layer of 2x2 bricks and then something occupying the interior?

Hippotam, I never realised you were such a talented builder! Quite obviously I should get out of this Pirate Forum more often!

That water effect looks very interesting, is there a layer of 2x2 bricks and then something occupying the interior?

Thanks, You might not see any of my creations because I just build very, very rarely.

The water is just a block of 1x2 and 2x2 transparent blue bricks, nothing else. It looks better live, it gives a nice reflection effect.

Fantastic. There is nothing else to say but fantastic. The plam tree trunks are very inventive. I hope to see more of you on the forum. :pir-classic:

Good moc, I actually had the same idea of using palmtree trunks for a raft a while ago, but I couldn't get it to look right (as in: something that looks like it was built on an uninhabited island with minimal tools), but yours does look great.

Using the palm tree to create 4 sections by making use of green vine and chain to tie them up is an innovative technique to illustrate a raft. With the fire added into it and the pirate scared face, it turns out to be good. In addition, the ocean vig looks nice with these trans-blue bricks! :pir-sweet:

ahah really Nice! your raft is very cool !

I really love this face .. unfortunately I don't have one :pir_bawling:

ahah really Nice! your raft is very cool !

I really love this face .. unfortunately I don't have one :pir_bawling:

Sadly, neither do I. :pir_bawling: I would imagine this is a good piece to have though.

The water is just a block of 1x2 and 2x2 transparent blue bricks, nothing else. It looks better live, it gives a nice reflection effect.

It certainly produces a nice effect even in the pictures.

I think this is also the first time I've seen the use of a green vine to strap a raft together and it appears to working very well. Despite being a small creation there's a lot of interesting techniques in play here.

Very cool MOC! Like the other guys I like the palm chunks and the water. The raft is very detailed and that scared pirate makes it a very good looking MOC :pir_laugh2:

I like the raft and the color of the water is lovely....I like the vines and chains on the boat. I have some of those transparent blue bricks, but not enough...good MOC, though.

Lego12