Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

CONTEST: Pillage the Village - Terms & Conditions

I have only two boats in my entire collection and was asking if a 6057 knights boat, packed with pirates and with a pirate sail was eligible.

I'd say it's not against the rules, however it's not much of a MOC if you just change the crew and the sail, so it won't probably get many votes. Remember to be inventive and original!

Has my wife been telling short stories about me again? :pir-cry_sad:

:pir-tongue:

Just a little concern:

It is being checked that no one is cheating the system by making multiple accounts to post more entries and to bring more votes, is it?

I heavily trust into the competence of our great staff members, and into the integrity of the members of this forum, but its just that so many new members are joining just for the contest ?! (yes i know im new too, but I (think) i joined 2 days before the contest)

It can be done, if unfair play is suspected...

Can the Pirates be pillaging/backstabbing/fighting other Pirates? I don't have any imperials yet, although I do have two shakos and another on the way

Yup, pirates often fought each other; alternatively, pirates are easily adaptable into villagers. Just try and make it clear which side is which :pir-wink:

Aw man, I know just how you feel - buying parts in ones, because they're so expensive :pir_laugh2:

- Does a Moc have to be normal orientation, or can I build a skinny boat that is standing on it's nose and on a small base?

Sorry, no. Upright MOCs only please, unless it's going down a waterfall or something. :pir-wink:

- We have to use pirate mini-figs (set in the Caribbean somewhere roughly in the period from 1600-1800) does anyone have set references (range of set numbers?) or would any fig in the pirates category on Lugnet be ok?

Any fitting minifig (custom or official) is fine.

- Do all mini-fig pirates have hats, or do some have hair or bald?

What does your heart tell you? Just remember that minifig heads with printed hair but without actual hair look strange :pir-grin:

- We can use custom sails, so can we use all other Lego set boats, specifically the very cool 6057, without that sets figs, with pirates added and the boat with a new pirate sail. At what point does it become a custom and ok to use?

Custom only refers to modified parts or ones that haven't been manufactured by the Lego Group. Therefore, you can build your own boat, modify 6057, or use the original.

- Is it considered better protocol in EB Moc's to use tiles instead of studs showing for water?

What does your heart tells you? :pir-laugh:

So one last clarification. LDD or digital work will not be accepted BUT backgrounds can have digital manipulation. So can we have real lego Moc

I'm still not sure this question was answered: "Can we use customs, such as arealight or brickarms?

Looks like this got overlooked! :pir-blush:

No, only Lego please - there are enough standard parts out there to suffice.

Correct. But I'm still special! :pir_laugh2:

Yes you are. Now stop drooling and go play with your LEGO like a good lad. :pir-tongue:

They were offended because the LEGO figure had a bigger "arm" than they do. :tongue:

J/k! :wub:

More like a longer hand. :pir-wink::pir-laugh:

LOTS of new users are joining because of this wonderful contest, and that's GREAT. I'm no admin, but I suggest that you visit the "Hello, my name is..." forum and tell us all about yourselves! To do so, click the "Hello, my name is..." forum link or call 1-800... :pir-tongue:

Dear Black Rabbit, I suggest you re-read the first post of this thread because it tells you exactly where to post your entry.

You may present up to 6 pictures per entry. In accordance with Eurobricks guidelines the maximum picture size is 800x600 pixels . Entries with bigger pictures will not be accepted. If you need help resizing or displaying images then review the tutorials here. You may link to an external gallery with more pictures, however.

Sorry for asking, but that's not quite clear for me. Does that mean that I can post only 6 pictures in the thread, no bigger than 800x600, but I can also post in my thread a link to an external gallery (like Brickshelf), where I can show more pictures, and they can be bigger than 800x600? So theoretically I can upload an unlimited number of pictures with an unlimited resolution, as long as I don't post them in the thread... Did I get it right?

Edited by Dreamweb

Hello, i am to this and would like some more specifics on the contest.

1.) can I use non lego mast? I made use of dowels, cbecause i could not lay my hands on Lego ones

2.) can you usea non lego back drop such as cloth?

3.) can you use other non lego effects inyour pictures such as saran wrap water, and cotton smoke?

4.) is photo editin allowed, and computor generated images?

5.) when posting pictures do you need to have a 3rd party site to put them up on, and link them in your post?

thanks!

Looking forward to the contest

Because the staff needs some time off too, I will try to help you

1.No

2.In some cases, like for sails and flags you could use cloth

3.??dont know what you mean by that... but I doubt you may...

4.no, no LDD and no photo-improving

5.that would be better since you only have about 100kb

Please dont shoot me if im wrong

I also suggest you read the forgoing pages first, most of ya questions are already answered :pir-wink:

just to clarify on #3 it is referencing the use of cotton to portray smoke from cannons or musket fire. Thanks for the note on mast, would hate to be disqualified on a little thing, ill just use a different perspective, as not to show the mast

just to clarify on #3 it is referencing the use of cotton to portray smoke from cannons or musket fire.

That's definitely not allowed...

I hope someone answers my question though. :pir_laugh2:

Did I get it right?

I'm not reading all that. :pir_laugh2:

You may post 6 pictures of no more than 800x600 resolution in the official entry thread. The first picture will become your thumbnail. You may link to a gallery elsewhere with as many pictures of any size as you wish.

Hello, i am to this and would like some more specifics on the contest.

Welcome!

1.) can I use non lego mast? I made use of dowels, cbecause i could not lay my hands on Lego ones

No. There are some very nice brick built alternatives out there, do some research in the forum and you'll be surprised by what you find.

2.) can you usea non lego back drop such as cloth?

Yes.

3.) can you use other non lego effects inyour pictures such as saran wrap water, and cotton smoke?

Yes and no. You can't use anything else as a part, like cotton would be, but you can, for example, use real water if you want to float a ship. I don't really know what you mean by saran wrap water but it clearly sounds like it falls under the same principle as cotton, so no.

4.) is photo editin allowed, and computor generated images?

Yes. You may use a digital background, but you may not change the colour or structure of the LEGO itself. You may, however, draw a logo on a paper sail or flag, since that isn't modifying the LEGO. I'll even go one step further and allow digitally produced minifig torso designs. In other words, if you don't own the torso you want to use and are incredibly good at editing, you can apply it to the minifig in the picture. It's a lot of work and I doubt anyone will do it, but hey, it's now allowed.

5.) when posting pictures do you need to have a 3rd party site to put them up on, and link them in your post?

Yes. Host them somewhere then be sure to put up to 6 in your post, with more as links if you wish.

I have a question.. I'm going to use Broken parts ( like this one, I have 4 of these, 2 are broken.. ) , it makes it look a little different, but It's not intentional , If I had the choice, I would have used a not-broken leaves... is that allowed? or is that considered as modified part?

I see I'm not the only one who gets those leaves broken all the time. :pir-classic: They are indeed very fragile. But I'm afraid the answer is "no"... :pir-hmpf_bad:

I have a question.. I'm going to use Broken parts ( like this one, I have 4 of these, 2 are broken.. ) , it makes it look a little different, but It's not intentional , If I had the choice, I would have used a not-broken leaves... is that allowed? or is that considered as modified part?

I think that's fine. Actually, I was surprised to see just how many of those I have that are broken as well. :pir_bawling:

I see I'm not the only one who gets those leaves broken all the time. :pir-classic: They are indeed very fragile. But I'm afraid the answer is "no"... :pir-hmpf_bad:

Who died and left you in charge of this? :pir_laugh2:

can i use a non lego water such as cloth, because for my large entrie, its too large to cover with my supply of legos at least.

one more quewstion, for the smaler areas, must your items be soley built on that small of a board, or can you use a lager board and take the picture so it displays the 16x16, or 8x8 without including aditional area?

Hi. I'm working on my small entry right now and... uhm... I have kind of a weird question. Did the Brittish have showers back then? I'm pretty sure they did, but what did they look like? Anyone have a reference pic for me?

Silly ImperialShadows - he was just trying to help out! *finally gets a chance to hit ImperialShadows back on the head with a plank of wood*

Edited by Captain Zuloo