Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

CONTEST: Pillage the Village - Terms & Conditions

Is it alright to cut up a Lego decal to fit my needs for non-minifig use (on a wall)? I'm guessing it is since custom decals are allowed on minifigs but just want to be sure. :shark:

If you can use digital LEGO bricks for backgrounds, can you use real ones so long as it is obvious what is the model and what is the background?

Is it alright to cut up a Lego decal to fit my needs for non-minifig use (on a wall)? I'm guessing it is since custom decals are allowed on minifigs but just want to be sure. :shark:

Since it's an official LEGO item, yes you may. Custom decals were never declared for non-minifig use, but I see no problem with them.

If you can use digital LEGO bricks for backgrounds, can you use real ones so long as it is obvious what is the model and what is the background?

Um... wouldn't any picture you take have some kind of natural background? To not allow that would be to require every entry to be edited with a new background. *smacks Zuloo in the back of the head* :imperialguard_commander1:

Um... wouldn't any picture you take have some kind of natural background? To not allow that would be to require every entry to be edited with a new background. *kisses Zuloo in the back of the head* :imperialguard_commander1:

Thanks. I just wanted to check but I thought I would be able to as there was nothing saying I couldn't. Better safe than sorry. Thanks.

Could we possibly get some sort of index to PtV MOC threads? Recently a slew of older threads have been getting replied to which is making it very difficult to find the actual PtV entries...

Edited by Cameron_Talley

Could we possibly get some sort of index to PtV MOC threads? Recently a slew of older threads have been getting replied to which is making it very difficult to find the actual PtV entries...

There is an index, but the horrible staff members (PHES! :pir_laugh2: ) won't release it. I guess it's just a matter of going back a few pages. And hey! I find heaps of interesting stuff I wasn't counting on when I do that1

I wanted to ask 2 questions,

1st : now that I posted my entry here, Am I allowed to show it on another forum ?

2nd : in my entry title there is [PTV-big] , but in the rule , you wrote that we must write "contest-big" in our title, is that ok if there is "ptv-big" written instead ?

2nd : in my entry title there is [PTV-big] , but in the rule , you wrote that we must write "contest-big" in our title, is that ok if there is "ptv-big" written instead ?

Yeah I accidently put my entry as PTV-SMALL when it was supposed to be CONTEST-SMALL. Thats Okay? I hope. :pir-look:

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Yeah I accidently put my entry as PTV-SMALL when it was supposed to be CONTEST-SMALL. Thats Okay? I hope. :pir-look:

I really don't think that will form any problem, mates! :pir-classic:

Some people still have to resize their pictures though... :pir-sceptic: (max. 800x600)

Edited by zorro3999

Can ships be stand-alone?

Yes. However, remember that the contest is looking for cruelty, so you'll need to include some of that.

Just to clarify, may ships (including pre-made "hull" pieces) be used as part of a larger scene, even perhaps two or three? (For example, a harbour scene).

Edited by Duck

Though I and recently at a forum, but at me a question - am possible I shall participate? Actually I very old fan LEGO... I Ask to approve my request, very much it would be desirable to participate! :pir-sceptic:

And as I wish to ask - where to expose the works and if competition anonymous - that to whom слать works? Very much I ask to answer today, last day goes!

Edited by Evil Wizard

Yes you can enter. Any member can enter - even if they signed up on the last day of the competition, they can still participate. So welcome aboard.

Your entries just need to be posted in the pirate forum. Either as a WIP or a final.

I hope this helps. :pir-classic:

Arg.... I thought the contest ends the 30 OCTOBER ... I was going to say to Evil Wizard that he have to hurry up, I'm stupid.. I have build mine so quickly, well, I think I'm going to improve it now that I know that I have one month left! wait ... I don't know how to improve it... ^^

Zorro3999 : thanks, I thought that there were no problem with that too, but I learned that on a totally different contest ( tuning contest...what I hate^^), close to where I lived before, a man has been disqualified ONLY because when he subscribed to the contest he wrote "grande" instead of "grosse", that are very close to each other . So I just wanted to be sure.

Just to clarify, may ships (including pre-made "hull" pieces) be used as part of a larger scene, even perhaps two or three? (For example, a harbour scene)

Of course is it , well, I hope, I did it in my entry ^^ ( here ) , and Vadim did it too ( here ) .

There is an index, but the horrible staff members (PHES! :pir_laugh2: ) won't release it. I guess it's just a matter of going back a few pages. And hey! I find heaps of interesting stuff I wasn't counting on when I do that1

Part of the challenge of the Pillage the Village Contest is for participants to promote and attract activity to their entry thread, as stated in the first post of this thread. It's also upto those aiming to receive a Creative Critic Award to find all the entry threads and leave constructive feedback.

Arg.... I thought the contest ends the 30 OCTOBER ...

It's the 30th of November but we have a habbit of extending contest deadlines at Eurobricks! OOOPS! Did I just say that out loud! :imperialguard_commander1:

I just say that out loud!

you just said that I wasright ?? AH AH AH I'm so happy ! I was sure that I saw 30 october ! So at least I'm not crazy!

well , and Can I know the answer to my 2 other questions Mister Phes please ^^ :

1st : now that I posted my entry here, Am I allowed to show it on another forum ?

thanks ^^

Edited by Guss

Yes you may, however, what happens on another forum will not be taken into consideration here, so feedback by Creative Critics is only valid in the Eurobricks LEGO Pirate Forum. Also, the more exposure your thread has in this Pirate Forum the more aware voters will be at voting time. If you show your entry in another forum the users of that forum may not come to Eurobricks to vote. So strategise how presenting your entry on another forum could work to your advantage.

It seems structured titling of the entry threads has not been enforced - previously I've been too busy to monitor it myself so it appears to be "whatever goes". So for now name it how you like.

However, the inconsistency is really starting to bug me because it looks messy, therefore I may enforce a consistent naming convention and have all the entry threads renamed accordingly sometime in the near future.

Yes you can enter. Any member can enter - even if they signed up on the last day of the competition, they can still participate. So welcome aboard.

Your entries just need to be posted in the pirate forum. Either as a WIP or a final.

I hope this helps. :pir-classic:

Work to expose directly at a forum, here, in this piracy section? I ask to explain, to my question have not paid even attention.

Edited by Evil Wizard

Work to expose directly at a forum, here, in this piracy section? I ask to explain, to my question have not paid even attention.

Yes. Click on the btton that says "new topic"and create a thread for your entry stating the name, the class and that it is for this competition.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

It's also upto those aiming to receive a Creative Critic Award to find all the entry threads and leave constructive feedback.

Wait, we have to leave constructive feedback in all of them?! Oh, dear... :pir-sad:

Edited by JimButcher

I scrolled to the 13 pages and didn't find an answer at my two questions... if the answer is somewhere in these pages then I didn't see it and my excuses.

I have 2 questions about the PTV-contest:

1) I have one mini-figure that hangs out of the moc (horizontal and just the length of the mini-figure)... is this by the rules ?

2) I wanna use Indies (people from India)... is this by the rules ?

Thx for an answer !

Grtz,

kurt

I scrolled to the 13 pages and didn't find an answer at my two questions... if the answer is somewhere in these pages then I didn't see it and my excuses.

I have 2 questions about the PTV-contest:

1) I have one mini-figure that hangs out of the moc (horizontal and just the length of the mini-figure)... is this by the rules ?

2) I wanna use Indies (people from India)... is this by the rules ?

Thx for an answer !

Grtz,

kurt

1) I'm pretty sure this is within the rules, as many entries have been this way.

2) As long as you have the Pillage the Village feel to your entry, I believe you can use almost any type of fig.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. :pir-classic:

1) I'm pretty sure this is within the rules, as many entries have been this way.

2) As long as you have the Pillage the Village feel to your entry, I believe you can use almost any type of fig.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. :pir-classic:

Oké,... thx Erdbeereis1 for your answer. But is it possible that someone of the staff give some answer... just for the record. Thx in advance.

Regarding my second question... it's Pirates vs Indies. I just ask this because in the rules they say: no vikings,...etc. Maybe no Indies to. If not... no problem... the rules are the rules.

Grtz,

Kurt (B)

Oké,... thx Erdbeereis1 for your answer. But is it possible that someone of the staff give some answer... just for the record. Thx in advance.

Regarding my second question... it's Pirates vs Indies. I just ask this because in the rules they say: no vikings,...etc. Maybe no Indies to. If not... no problem... the rules are the rules.

Grtz,

Kurt (B)

I agree that a CP staff member should clarify this for you, as I'm not positive.

I do think though, that as long as your figs are in the appropriate time-frame, then you're okay.

Dear entrants of Pillage the Village,

Please ASK ALL questions egarding the Pillage the Village in the Terms & Condition thread.

The two primary reasons are:

1) Somebody might have the same question

2) Eurobricks staff already receive a large number of Private Messages

I personally will not be responding to anymore Private Messages question regarding the contest.