Sign in to follow this  
NewRight

The BlueOrca

thindexedgif.gif 64b

A small merchant vessel. This ship received imperial paintwork and makes frequent trades along the Caribbean Seas. This boat also contains fishing nets for other odd jobs. :pir-classic:

CIMG4811.jpg

CIMG4813.jpg

CIMG4815.jpg

CIMG4817.jpg

CIMG4818.jpg

CIMG4820.jpg

You can also see it on my FlickR PhotoStream.

Enjoy,

NewRight :pir_laugh2:

Edited by SlyOwl

Whoa! Not quite what I had expected it to be; more of a splash of blue and gray in a manic array of oddly curved pieces, IMHO. :pir-sceptic: However, I am not disregarding the fact that this is very good! I think you have a fine little vessel, here. I'd love to see a shot of the interior, and the color scheme is nice, but it just... juts out a little too much, if you know what I mean. It doesn't quite have a "smooth" feeling. Even so, a great MOC! :sweet:

Edited by Adam

but it just... juts out a little too much, if you know what I mean. It doesn't quite have a "smooth" feeling.

I know what you mean. I think the front is too flat compared to the stern. You need to raise the foc'sl'e (I hope that's how it's spelt)

Otherwise good, and I like the stern detail, but please do something about the front.

There isn't much that can be done with the front. There weren't many options of how to build it. I'm sorry if it isn't what was expected.

There isn't much that can be done with the front. There weren't many options of how to build it. I'm sorry if it isn't what was expected.

Well if you want my advice, make a slope up to it the front section, then line the top of the front with brown tiles.

Oh, it such a nice ship! The details are great.

I have a question. Where did you get the hull and the gun at the stern?

Edited by Captain Cavinano

Oh no! Not the Dungstain hull!

Actually you've done interesting things with it, the colour scheme looks slick but the sterncastle looks rather bulky. Its nearly half as tall as the mast!

I love the part of the stern we see on the second pictures :pir-wub: , but I agree that the colours are a little too .."patchwork" for the upper part, But I like it anyway, it makes it original ! I also like the door to the cabin ^^

From what i've seen on MOCs made with this type of hull, it's very difficult to make a very realistic ship of any type.

But what cool looking a cartoon-like ship!

I love the lamps on the stern! :thumbup:

Thank you for sharing NewRight. :pir-classic:

I have a question. Where did you get ... the gun at the stern?

Them be M1 Garand Rifles from Brickarms. :pir-wink: