Sign in to follow this  
darkrebellion

Unreleased UCS set?

Well maybe that was one of the first versions of the old released UCS Y wing, i doubt they would make 2 UCS of the same vehicle.

If I remember correctly, that isn't a UCS but a very early prototype of the first Y-Wing, the one released with Vader's Tie Advanced back in 1999...

EDIT: just saw the description on top of the SnowSpeeder... so maybe that isn't the case either...

Edited by yellost

Hi, I am just looking around on Brickshelf with the keyword "UCS" and found this:

Maybe an unreleased set?

If you look at the whole folder it seems like it was in a catalog with the UCS Snowspeeder :tongue: .

I don't think it's a catalogue. To me the text seems unlikely to appear in one of those.

Both of the photographs are actually quite similar to the UCS sets. If you look closely at the Snow Speeder you'll see that it too is actually different from the set. This makes me suspect that these were early designs for the sets.

Cheers,

Ralph

I think that is either a custom or prototype. But on another note, am I the only one who thinks that this UCS sets is more minifig sceled than the system versions?

If I am correct a issue of Lego Magazine showed prototype SW sets. Hope that clears it up.

Stauder.

I think that is either a custom or prototype. But on another note, am I the only one who thinks that this UCS sets is more minifig sceled than the system versions?

That really depends on what constitutes minifig scale. Different people have different ideas about that, complicated by the figures' awkward proportions, and if you look at LEGO's current product range, they don't seem to think about it much. Playability seems more important than proper scale.

Cheers,

Ralph

They're both preliminary pics of the future (at that time) UCS sets; Y-Wing Fighter and Rebel Snowspeeder.

Not much more to add.

If I am correct a issue of Lego Magazine showed prototype SW sets. Hope that clears it up.

Stauder.

You are correct. It was in a issue of LEGO magazine in the year 2001, I believe.